Halo =/= cod...

I have seen this brought up many times and I want to say something. Halo is a UNIQUE game and has been very unique from other shooters. It DOES NOT need to be similar to another shooter for it to be good. Most often, this shooter people want Halo 4 to be like is cod.

WHY? Halo is a great series, cod comes out every 6 months and is the same thing. cod is made to appeal to casual gamers while Halo isn’t.

I like the Halo formula as it is now and I would like to see more added into the game in terms of how Halo gameplay can be changed and tweaked. BUT, I don’t want to see throwing knives, killstreaks, or any other of that cod gameplay.

I think it is also safe to say MANY people here are new to the Halo series and play more series like cod, BF3, and Gears of War. All really good games but I have a question for everyone, do you really want the same thing over and over again? Don’t you want to have a unique gameing experience only a Halo can provide?

But please, tell me what you think, I am curious to see what the community thinks about all the continuous notions to make Halo more like a cod title.

CoD comes out every 12 months to please the 8-13 year old kids that cry on their mics all day.

> CoD comes out every 12 months to please the 8-13 year old kids that cry on their mics all day.

If people like cod, more power to them, it is a very popular series like Halo.

But (like an old saying), I don’t want that cod in my Halo.

I see every day new features to make Halo more and more like cod in space and I am against it, alot.

LOL ya right. Halo has WAY more kids online than COD.

COD is superior to Halo in every way and takes way more skill. If they don’t try to be more like COD (skill) they will continue to fail and lose even more players (Reach is at #7 on XBL charts,lol)

> COD is superior to Halo in every way and takes way more skill.

[Citation Needed]

> If they don’t try to be more like COD (skill) they will continue to fail and lose even more players

For the sake of argument, let’s assume that Call of Duty requires more skill than Halo: Reach. Is the comparative lack of skill what’s driving down multiplayer population, or is it other factors, such as age, poor handling of playlists/Title Updates, or marketing by competing franchises>

> (Reach is at #7 on XBL charts,lol)

Is that a product of Reach’s ‘skill-less gameplay’, or is it a product of being fifteen months old and overshadowed by new releases?

Now, while I love the Halo formula, I am not adverse to improvements being brought over from other franchises, even Call of Duty.

“Improvements”, of course, is to be defined if and when such gameplay features are revealed. This poster reserves the right to whine, kvetch, and moan about any and all changes that are made to the gameplay formula. This is not a blanket endorsement of any competing franchises on any specific platform, and the author acknowledges that competing franchises may have elements that are incompatible with Halo or the XBox 360 controller. Terms and restrictions apply. See participating forum posts for details.

> LOL ya right. Halo has WAY more kids online than COD.
>
>
> COD is superior to Halo in every way and takes way more skill. If they don’t try to be more like COD (skill) they will continue to fail and lose even more players (Reach is at #7 on XBL charts,lol)

I could care less if Halo had 10,000 people online. I want a game that is fun and is Halo.

Who care who has the most population numbers. cod is MADE to attract 90% of the casuals like Moths to a Flame.

Halo is a unique game that has a great community.

If Halo decides to cater further to recreational players in the way the Cod series has, in an attempt to gain some of the cod marketshare, it won’t work.

>
>
> COD is superior to Halo in every way and takes way more skill. If they don’t try to be more like COD (skill) they will continue to fail and lose even more players (Reach is at #7 on XBL charts,lol)

not really,and COD takes more skill??are you serious???did you ever play the real halo?or did you play GoW thinking its Halo?

when i first played BO for example i got my hint in the first game,in halo 3 it took me 3 years to get the 50,now im playing like god in halo 3 but it took its time

i guess you never OUT-BRed someone? or you were playing against noobs the whole time

halo 3 mlg on high skill(45-50) or the pro events,that was what you really needed skill for

and i’ve never heared so much kiddies in 3 years halo 3 like in 1 year CoD

If Halo was like cod I would never play it again. Cod takes no skill, all you do is spray and pray. You also get care packages for getting kills in a row. You get a spy plane for getting two kills in a row. That is some stupid stuff right there. In Halo you have to focus on one enemy at a time, taking more skill. If Halo were like cod then it would have to go straight to the trash like all of the other cod games. The reason why a lot of people like cod over Halo is because they suck at Halo because they can’t spray and pray, dolphin dive, recieve care packages, and have perks. All these things are signs of noobs at play, they have to have all these helpful things to try to get kills. It’s also obvious that cod sucks because they ship out a new game every year that’s the same as the last but has some new noobish thing added to make little kids want to play it. Iv’e seen black ops and mw3 and the graphics suck, unlike Halo whos graphics get better with every game.

>
>

You possibly might be the first person, who has decent experience in both CoD and Halo, I have ever heard say seriously that CoD takes more skill (assuming you have decent experience in both).

Hearing the phrase, “COD is superior to Halo in every way and takes way more skill” almost makes me immediately think, “Troll,” but using my better judgement: I just assume that you are the aberration from those who see the reality that Halo takes more skill (individual and team) than CoD.

every game takes skill to be good at. saying a game takes more skill than another depends how you measure something as abstract as skill.

> every game takes skill to be good at. saying a game takes more skill than another depends how you measure something as abstract as skill.

I am not saying Halo takes more skill than cod. I am saying I think halo is a unique FPS and I am glad it has not tried to be something it isn’t. I am getting a little annoyed with all the people who’s first Halo is Reach and come here and try to convince 343i to make Halo a cod game in space.

which is why the OP is correct. Halo =/= CoD. they are totally different.

> every game takes skill to be good at. saying a game takes more skill than another depends how you measure something as abstract as skill.

You do have to go to the extremities of the abstract to say the skill needed in CoD is more skill-full than what is needed in Halo.

>
>

call of duty requiring more skill? Maybe compared to Reach but not the original Halo games. Most cod players have no clue what it means to have pinpoint accuracy or real map control. With the introduction of lag compensation there is no such thing as skill in a cod game. Maybe you should do some research on it. Oh yes it’s a built in mechanic of MW3 that is anything but skill.

>
>

You’re a troll, especially after that “Halo 4 should be faster like CoD thread”.

>
>

Ehem not that it matters but it’s actually 4th.

Halo will always be better than COD…Always

> LOL ya right. has WAY more kids online than COD.
>
>

this guy’s national anthem.