-HALO Classic- After all this new info..

> <mark>Disclaimer:</mark> Not going to be talking about leaks and whatever else, so mods read this first and make sure it’s not breaking any rules before you pull the happy-ban-trigger on me when I’m deliberately trying to avoid leaks. At least have that courtesy… and then lock if necessary.

Ok so with all the new information that’s been pouring out, I think it’s more essential than ever that Halo 4 ships split right down the middle. Don’t get me wrong, I love some of the new stuff being tried and implemented into Halo because truth be told, it really DOES refresh the gameplay experience we’ve known for over a decade, but with all these new additions, I’m just cautious because of how drastically different it will play.

That’s why I believe right from the start they need to separate the playlists in half or at the very least give the “classic” playlists more of an emphasis right away. So what should a classic playlist consist of? Let’s try to break this down so the transition from the new feel can be very similar in the base to the classic playlists:

> Same base player traits (speed, jump, damage, etc.) as the newer Halo 4 playlists
> No AA’s
> No modifications
> No Sprint
> No weapon drops (all weapons placed on maps)
> BR/DMR/Magnum starts with AR as secondary
> Powerups as pickups
> Same map layouts

What I seriously think they should do is <mark>not make maps to cater to certain AA’s</mark> like Reach did, but instead have the maps designed around what’s immediately available to the player (such as their base traits and even Sprint since they’ve already confirmed that they’re designing maps with Sprint in mind). By doing so, the maps can easily transition from new playlists to classic playlists without the need for major editing.

> Remember, the transition from playlists can be extremely jarring because you’ll be alienating more players that way, especially newer players. I would even take it a step further by describing the differences in playlists on the side, much like how Reach does it with the descriptions so people won’t get confused, AND since the base traits will be the same it won’t be as difficult for people to go from one playlist to the next on the fly.

The reality of all this is that Halo is evolving (for some that’s for better or for worse), so we need to come up with realistic ways that it won’t completely turn people away from day one. Halo 4 has the potential to blow all the competition out the water, but without the proper setup with the playlists like this from day one I can see things getting real sketchy quickly.

UNKNOWN has spoken.

> > <mark>Disclaimer:</mark> Not going to be talking about leaks and whatever else, so mods read this first and make sure it’s not breaking any rules before you pull the happy-ban-trigger on me when I’m deliberately trying to avoid leaks. At least have that courtesy… and then lock if necessary.
>
> Ok so with all the new information that’s been pouring out, I think it’s more essential than ever that Halo 4 ships split right down the middle. Don’t get me wrong, I love some of the new stuff being tried and implemented into Halo because truth be told, it really DOES refresh the gameplay experience we’ve known for over a decade, but with all these new additions, I’m just cautious because of how drastically different it will play.
>
>
> That’s why I believe right from the start they need to separate the playlists in half or at the very least give the “classic” playlists more of an emphasis right away. So what should a classic playlist consist of? Let’s try to break this down so the transition from the new feel can be very similar in the base to the classic playlists:
>
>
>
> > Same base player traits (speed, jump, damage, etc.) as the newer Halo 4 playlists
> > No AA’s
> > No modifications
> > No Sprint
> > No weapon drops (all weapons placed on maps)
> > BR/DMR/Magnum starts with AR as secondary
> > Powerups as pickups
> > Same map layouts
>
> What I seriously think they should do is <mark>not make maps to cater to certain AA’s</mark> like Reach did, but instead have the maps designed around what’s immediately available to the player (such as their base traits and even Sprint since they’ve already confirmed that they’re designing maps with Sprint in mind). By doing so, the maps can easily transition from new playlists to classic playlists without the need for major editing.
>
>
>
>
> > Remember, the transition from playlists can be extremely jarring because you’ll be alienating more players that way, especially newer players. I would even take it a step further by describing the differences in playlists on the side, much like how Reach does it with the descriptions so people won’t get confused, AND since the base traits will be the same it won’t be as difficult for people to go from one playlist to the next on the fly.
>
> The reality of all this is that Halo is evolving (for some that’s for better or for worse), so we need to come up with realistic ways that it won’t completely turn people away from day one. Halo 4 has the potential to blow all the competition out the water, but without the proper setup with the playlists like this from day one I can see things getting real sketchy quickly.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________
>
> UNKNOWN has spoken.

I agree.Cast a wide net.

You just typed out an essay of what Halo needs to return to. I will give you 1 word which describes the very essence of the Halo Franchise, a word that needs to be implemented in all future Halo games…

<mark>Balance</mark>

> 1) Same base player traits (speed, jump, damage, etc.) as the newer Halo 4 playlists
> 2) No AA’s
> 3) No modifications
> 4) No Sprint
> 5) No weapon drops (all weapons placed on maps)
> 6) BR/DMR/Magnum starts with AR as secondary
> 7) Powerups as pickups
> 8) Same map layouts

1. I agree with this. Halo 4 classic should be a classic version of Halo 4, not a Halo 2/3 ripoff. Keep movement the same. It looks similar to Halo 2/3 anyway.
    2-5) Yes, these are essential to anything classic.
  2. If you mean various gametypes w/ different starting weapons, then yes. But if you mean players get to choose between those 3 weapons to start with, then no.
  3. Yes, and maybe even equipment as pickups too.
  4. Depends if there even are any or if weapon drops are the default and we would have to place weapons on the maps themselves.

> You just typed out an essay of what Halo needs to return to. I will give you 1 word which describes the very essence of the Halo Franchise, a word that needs to be implemented in all future Halo games…
>
> <mark>Balance</mark>

There’s no way to have perfect balance with Custom Loadouts and such.

I can’t wait for all the new features, (sorry for the sell out opinion) but I do like to play some classic sometimes because well it’s a classic.

> <mark>Balance</mark>

Balance exists in the Halo 4 game. Did you not see where BS Angel said that everything cancels each other out? Is it like the past Halo’s? I have no idea.