Halo Channel is currently unavailable

Is anybody else unable to access the Halo Channel? I downloaded it on Tuesday and it has always come up with a message that says ‘The Halo Channel is unavailable. Please check back soon’.

But it has been three days…

I uninstalled and reinstalled it, to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I posted a thread about this here as well. Someone else mentioned that they were having the same issue, as well as me. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, and the furthest I can get to is the Main Menu, but I can’t watch Nightfall at all, which is really a let down :confused:

I can’t even get to the main menu! I have it on X1, and I have found various H2 terminals, but cannot watch them because HC is unavailable.

I think I only managed to make it to the menu because of the fact that I’m using Windows 8.1, seeing I don’t have an Xbox One yet. I can watch Twitch streams, but that’s literally it, and most of the time, I can’t even get to the main menu

I can’t get past the unavailable message on windows 10 or Xbone :frowning:

I’m having the same issue had the game since 20/12/14 and just getting the error page

> 2533274866593874;4:
> I think I only managed to make it to the menu because of the fact that I’m using Windows 8.1, seeing I don’t have an Xbox One yet. I can watch Twitch streams, but that’s literally it, and most of the time, I can’t even get to the main menu

An update was released for Windows that should have corrected the ‘Yellow Screen of Sadness’ issue that prevented Win8.1 Halo Channel from launching for some users. If you still have persistent problems after updating, please let me know.

> 2533274809116615;1:
> Is anybody else unable to access the Halo Channel? I downloaded it on Tuesday and it has always come up with a message that says ‘The Halo Channel is unavailable. Please check back soon’.
>
> But it has been three days…
>
> I uninstalled and reinstalled it, to no avail.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.

As part of the troubleshooting of this issue, could you do the following and let me know if it changes anything?

1. Uninstall Halo Channel
  2. Power off the Xbox One entirely
  3. Unplug it, then allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Plug it back in and power up
  5. Re-install Halo Channel

Am simply trying to eliminate a bad cached issue and make sure we are starting from a known clean condition as we troubleshoot this issue.

> 2533274799306350;8:
> > 2533274809116615;1:
> > Is anybody else unable to access the Halo Channel? I downloaded it on Tuesday and it has always come up with a message that says ‘The Halo Channel is unavailable. Please check back soon’.
> >
> > But it has been three days…
> >
> > I uninstalled and reinstalled it, to no avail.
> >
> > Any advice would be appreciated.
>
>
>
> As part of the troubleshooting of this issue, could you do the following and let me know if it changes anything?
>
> 1) Uninstall Halo Channel
> 2) Power off the Xbox One entirely
> 3) Unplug it, then allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes.
> 4) Plug it back in and power up
> 5) Re-install Halo Channel
>
> Am simply trying to eliminate a bad cached issue and make sure we are starting from a known clean condition as we troubleshoot this issue.

Do this and im still having this issue!

Edit: Sorted my issue by turning off my internet filters, my ISP is sky and the filters were on it sky shield option

Thank you for the update… I was going to suggest rebooting the router attached to your Xbox, as we have a couple instances of cached issues with some routers that we are continuing to explore and trying to understand.

Will also suggest users check to see if there are filters or domains that are restricted as well now!

I have never gotten past the “Halo channel is currently unavailable” screen on my PC. Really is a let down.

> 2533274798172181;11:
> I have never gotten past the “Halo channel is currently unavailable” screen on my PC. Really is a let down.

By chance, do you have any firewall or age-gating software installed? (ie: software to restrict DNS/sites with violence, etc?)
Which image is displayed when you get your message? (Yes, there are differing images that indicate specific issues… )

> 2533274799306350;12:
> > 2533274798172181;11:
> > I have never gotten past the “Halo channel is currently unavailable” screen on my PC. Really is a let down.
>
>
> By chance, do you have any firewall or age-gating software installed? (ie: software to restrict DNS/sites with violence, etc?)
> Which image is displayed when you get your message? (Yes, there are differing images that indicate specific issues… )

To be honest, I know very little of the computer stuff I see people speak of. I am running Windows 8.1; Kaspersky internet security is enabled. DNS? Don’t know what that means. I have no trouble going to sites with violence or other content. The image is a red Spartan being choked by a blue Spartan from behind.

> 2533274798172181;13:
> > 2533274799306350;12:
> > > 2533274798172181;11:
> > > I have never gotten past the “Halo channel is currently unavailable” screen on my PC. Really is a let down.
> >
> >
> >
> > By chance, do you have any firewall or age-gating software installed? (ie: software to restrict DNS/sites with violence, etc?)
> > Which image is displayed when you get your message? (Yes, there are differing images that indicate specific issues… )
>
>
> To be honest, I know very little of the computer stuff I see people speak of. I am running Windows 8.1; Kaspersky internet security is enabled. DNS? Don’t know what that means. I have no trouble going to sites with violence or other content. The image is a red Spartan being choked by a blue Spartan from behind.

Kaspersky Internet Security does indeed have parental controls, which generally block our servers due to violence. You may want to ensure that you are not blocking content, and adjust the settings if that is the case.

> 2533274799306350;14:
> > 2533274798172181;13:
> > > 2533274799306350;12:
> > > > 2533274798172181;11:
> > > > I have never gotten past the “Halo channel is currently unavailable” screen on my PC. Really is a let down.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > By chance, do you have any firewall or age-gating software installed? (ie: software to restrict DNS/sites with violence, etc?)
> > > Which image is displayed when you get your message? (Yes, there are differing images that indicate specific issues… )
> >
> >
> >
> > To be honest, I know very little of the computer stuff I see people speak of. I am running Windows 8.1; Kaspersky internet security is enabled. DNS? Don’t know what that means. I have no trouble going to sites with violence or other content. The image is a red Spartan being choked by a blue Spartan from behind.
>
>
> Kaspersky Internet Security does indeed have parental controls, which generally block our servers due to violence. You may want to ensure that you are not blocking content, and adjust the settings if that is the case.

Thanks, but I checked and I am still told the channel is unavailable.