halo changed gaming

I personally think that halo really did change the way we played shooters and since it first came out i have some of the best memories with friends and i really want to go into game design if i can and it would be my dream if i ever worked for 343 industries

To me with console FPS, Halo took what was best about Goldeneye 007 on the N64 and some cues from storytelling and combined them. Once combined, they refined and exploited. Which led to the first ‘true’ FPS on console, in my opinion. Goldeneye and the others before were great console shooters, but Halo set the standard for FPS and will continue to with future releases. A perfect blend of story and gaming. A hint of arcade action is what really draws me in to Halo. It’s not realistic gaming I am after, just a great and fun time playing with friends or as a random in a playlist. The biggest seller for me, besides the storyline is that I love that some of the guns go ‘pew pew pew’ and not ‘bang bang bang’.

one thing that i love most is that the community has basicly made an entire history for halo. there is so much detail and everything goes together it almost sounds like it has already happened in real life lol

> To me with console FPS, Halo took what was best about Goldeneye 007 on the N64 and some cues from storytelling and combined them. Once combined, they refined and exploited. Which led to the first ‘true’ FPS on console, in my opinion. Goldeneye and the others before were great console shooters, but Halo set the standard for FPS and will continue to with future releases. A perfect blend of story and gaming. A hint of arcade action is what really draws me in to Halo. It’s not realistic gaming I am after, just a great and fun time playing with friends or as a random in a playlist. The biggest seller for me, besides the storyline is that I love that some of the guns go ‘pew pew pew’ and not ‘bang bang bang’.

I think that the main reason Halo has become so wildly popular is that the companies who created and maintain it, listen to the community about what it wants in the game. They make playlists and base some of them off of community creations, or edit them with community suggestions. Also what made Halo wildly popular is Forge. With forge, the community doesn’t just get one map with each map, they get thousands, even millions. Forge gives people endless possibilities for fun. It also allows the developers to create new map variants cheaply and give them to the community in MM for free. When you think about it Halo has an endless supply of free maps with which to play on, just with the same background.