Halo CEA Weapon Sounds. (They look great).

yes, sounds look great… confused yet? sounds SOUND great…

I never knew you can see sound! :o

In all seriousness, yeah, the sounds do sound pretty cool. :j

I don’t know how you guys feel but I fell in love with the new Plasma Rifle.

> I don’t know how you guys feel but I fell in love with the new Plasma Rifle.

Agreed. It looks and sounds absolutely fantastic, but I really want to see the new Plasma Pistol!

> > I don’t know how you guys feel but I fell in love with the new Plasma Rifle.
>
> Agreed. It looks and sounds absolutely fantastic, but I really want to see the new Plasma Pistol!

Yeah I definitely want to see the new Plasma Pistol too and the Sniper. I hope it still has the green light when you zoom with the sniper and activate the flashlight.

I think the sounds of these weapons are the best I’ve heard in the Halo series to date. I can’t wait to hear/see some of the other weapons!

> > > I don’t know how you guys feel but I fell in love with the new Plasma Rifle.
> >
> > Agreed. It looks and sounds absolutely fantastic, but I really want to see the new Plasma Pistol!
>
> Yeah I definitely want to see the new Plasma Pistol too and the Sniper. I hope it still has the green light when you zoom with the sniper and activate the flashlight.

I totally forgot about the Sniper! Since they’re keeping the gameplay exactly the same, I reckon they’ll keep the “night vision” feature.

I really hope the Shotgun gets good treatment, give it a nice meaty sound.

I want more! More I say! MOOOOOOOORE!

But seriously, we need more weaposn sounds I want to see the new weapon looks.

None of the looks are done yet I belive. Only sounds:D

Could you edit your post please:)?

Yeah, I love the looks and sounds. They are great.

I personally wish the video didn’t feature direct comparisons. It caused me to go into all of the weapons following the Pistol with the mindset “How faithful is this?” This mindset caused me massive disappointment. The Pistol sounds pretty cool, but the weapons that followed it just sounded almost nothing to me like their 2001 counterparts. I was truly sad about that - I actually considered cancelling my Anniversary pre-order for the night, as the game just wasn’t seeming up to par with me. The sounds were cool, but the majority of them sounded overdone to me, in comparison to their older counterparts. I just didn’t enjoy it.

You combine that sound disappointment with the fact that I already thought the game looks a bit visually dated, and I grew a bit too frustrated. Things stuck out to me. For example, when Master Chief is holding the Rocket Launcher in 2011, his fingers seem wrapped around nothing. When he bends his wrist to melee, you can see space between his hand and arm; a model seam that apparently isn’t much of a big deal to others, but is a huge oversight to me. It’s just something about the game’s overall visual style that I dislike, mainly from first person. Master Chief’s hand looks very undetailed compared to the Spartans of Reach (as does the rest of his visible armor). There are quite a few small things like this that really combined to utterly discourage me from buying this game.

I held out hope, though, and then I viewed the videos again the next day. This time, I made sure not to expose myself to any of the 2001 sounds. It was funny how much of a difference that made. I still felt that a few things were done poorly, such as the Rocket Launcher in general, but, for example, I changed my mind and appreciated how the Plasma Rifle sounded. The Needler didn’t seem off to me anymore, except the fact that the needles still don’t seem to make an exploding sounds. Overall, my reception to the sounds was much more positive when they weren’t being directly compared to the 2001 versions.

So I do think the weapons sound pretty good. But they shouldn’t be compared to their 2001 versions; most of them don’t sound all that similar, and if you’re judging them on nostalgia as I initially did (as the video seems to set you up to do), you’ll be disappointed. I still think the game looks bad. There is just something about the visual style that I don’t appreciate. I really can’t exactly place it, in fact. But I can just go back to 2001 for that. And I really admittedly won’t have a fully-developed opinion until Anniversary launches, and I’m sure I’ll receive it much more positively at that point (as, I hope, they’ll fix all the visual bugs I’ve been noticing).

So I’m still quite hopeful for this project. I know the campaign itself won’t fail me, as it’s, at bare minimum, the same campaign I’ve loved for years. I just hope I end up loving the new visual layer. But if not, that’s fine too. I still have the seven multiplayer maps to fall back on (:

The sounds are okay, but the new models are cheaply done.

The pistol looks awkward and squished down.

The plasma rifle doesn’t have any particle effects to simulate heat being expelled.

The Rocket Launcher’s blast doesn’t even have an explosion. Just a small flash and smoke.

That whole game looks dated.

> The sounds are okay, but the new models are cheaply done.
>
>
> The pistol looks awkward and squished down.
>
> The plasma rifle doesn’t have any particle effects to simulate heat being expelled.
>
> The Rocket Launcher’s blast doesn’t even have an explosion. Just a small flash and smoke.
>
> That whole game looks dated.

They’ll probably update that, ya know. I mean, the videos are just SOUND comparisons.

im ok with the sounds from the other guns but i want my halo 1 needler sfx back, the new needler sounds are just obnoxious