Halo:CEA Terminal 1

During 343’s analysis of the Autumn he moves through a series of pictures showing the evolution of humanity and comes to a stop on a picture of Master Chief. Now I put forward a theory previously that alot of the human race had a geas that would eventually lead to the creation of John and his inevitable meeting with requiem that was shot down by a statement “you know John is on Requiem b/c MB sent him there” and I know this is true, but could it not be part of the geas, that John was supposed to meet MB when he did. And if this is incorrect then I have to believe that Halsey was somehow geased to create the Spartan project and Mjolnir or how could Chakas know what a Spartan-II would look like before ever meeting a spartan.

343 guilty spark isn’t chakas

Then I will have to reread Primordial because that’s how it appeared to me. Not saying I am right. But that doesn’t negate the fact that 343 knew what a Spartan-II would look like before ever meeting one.

> Then I will have to reread Primordial because that’s how it appeared to me. Not saying I am right. But that doesn’t negate the fact that 343 knew what a Spartan-II would look like before ever meeting one.

Or when he simply scanned the Autumn he also scanned Chief in his cryotube.

The terminal clearly showed him scanning the ship.

343Guilty Spark isnt Chakas?

Since when?

> 343Guilty Spark isnt Chakas?
>
> Since when?

One thing Chakas is on a mission to find the Librarian.

343 Guilty Sparks mission and why he was created was to monitor Installation 04

343Guilty Spark is likely a Fragmented part of the true Chakas, Guilty Spark’s duty was to monitor, protect Installation 04 and its contained Flood samples. Being alone however, and not truly knowing what he was and only knowing his duty as a Monitor eventually drove him to rampancy, possibly without him even truly understanding what was happening to him or how severe it had become. His betrayal of John/Master Chief, not once but twice and his murder of Sergeant Johnson and destruction at the hands of John proves that he is not Chakas, but just a mere fragment of Chakas.

Some fragments of Chakas were likely chosen to be Monitors of a few Halo Installations by Bornstellar Didact due to Chakas loyalty and sense of duty. Even after Chakas own flesh and blood body was taken from him and his soul, memories, were composed into a Monitor Bot and he became more machine than Human, he still willingly followed Bornstellar, and the Libarian and their own beliefs. I believe Bornstellar, the Libarian, knew even a fragment of who Chakas is would serve the Forerunners, and monitor the chosen Installation until their death.

> 343Guilty Spark is likely a Fragmented part of the true Chakas, Guilty Spark’s duty was to monitor, protect Installation 04 and its contained Flood samples. Being alone however, and not truly knowing what he was and only knowing his duty as a Monitor eventually drove him to rampancy, possibly without him even truly understanding what was happening to him or how severe it had become. His betrayal of John/Master Chief, not once but twice and his murder of Sergeant Johnson and destruction at the hands of John proves that he is not Chakas, but just a mere fragment of Chakas.
>
> Some fragments of Chakas were likely chosen to be Monitors of a few Halo Installations by Bornstellar Didact due to Chakas loyalty and sense of duty. Even after Chakas own flesh and blood body was taken from him and his soul, memories, were composed into a Monitor Bot and he became more machine than Human, he still willingly followed Bornstellar, and the Libarian and their own beliefs. I believe Bornstellar, the Libarian, knew even a fragment of who Chakas is would serve the Forerunners, and monitor the chosen Installation until their death.

I concur. Good explanation. Whatevers left of him is in one or all of the monitors. Cant wait for the next book. So much better than Travis.

> 343Guilty Spark isnt Chakas?
>
> Since when?

Since Greg Bear remarked on the issue.

My question to him: The relationship between Chakas and Guilty Spark has caused a bit of trouble in the Halo community. Some contend that Chakas is 343 Guilty Spark, others believe that Spark is a fragment of Chakas. Can you reveal which of the two, or any other possibility, is correct?

Thank you.

His response: Logically, if Chakas is Guilty Spark in the first instance, then a duplicate or fragment would also be Chakas… but that philosophical argument is pretty dense! More to come in Vol 3, which I’m now revising.

So yeah, Spark’s a fragment…quite a few of us have followed that conclusion for months now.

Cant argue with the man himself.

I didnt deny he was a fragment or something else just the basic response that he wasnt Chakas, which is somewhat right, but not etirely. He is as much as Chakas can be now.

Get some more answer for us will you? haha
Good Post

That brings up another question, if Spark scanned the entire ship and its information, why did he comment in the Maw that “human history is… fascinating”, referring to a quite obvious information steal at that time?

> That brings up another question, if Spark scanned the entire ship and its information, why did he comment in the Maw that “human history is… fascinating”, referring to a quite obvious information steal at that time?

Maybe he just ‘skimmed’ the data remotely, but didn’t have full access, and then when he could direct-interface with mainframes, he learned a lot more details?

> That brings up another question, if Spark scanned the entire ship and its information, why did he comment in the Maw that “human history is… fascinating”, referring to a quite obvious information steal at that time?

You can see a ship’s schematics but not know the history of the people who made it.

> 343 guilty spark isn’t chakas

was his mind not put into 343GS?

> > That brings up another question, if Spark scanned the entire ship and its information, why did he comment in the Maw that “human history is… fascinating”, referring to a quite obvious information steal at that time?
>
> You can see a ship’s schematics but not know the history of the people who made it.

But he obviously sees humanitys’ history during the scan…could be wrong but I think this is more leading than most are giving it credit for. Agreed I miss the forest for the trees sometimes (scanning Chief in the cryotube for example…never saw that obvious possibility), however I still think there is more to this than that.