Halo CEA question's

I would assume that 343 will be taking over the daily challenges for Reach MP, with that being said will campaign challenges (weekly/daily) be for Reach or Halo: CEA?

If this is anything like the ODST/ Halo 3 MP then we have a campaign disk and a MP disk, now from what I heard the MP disk only has the 7 (NEW) maps on it and nothing else?

So I have to flip-flop between Reach and Reach MP?
Either way campaign challenges will be a hassle or are they being scraped totally?
I think everything can fit on 1 disk.

Any info?

> I would assume that 343 will be taking over the daily challenges for Reach MP, with that being said will campaign challenges (weekly/daily) be for Reach or Halo: CEA?
>
> If this is anything like the ODST/ Halo 3 MP then we have a campaign disk and a MP disk, now from what I heard the MP disk only has the 7 (NEW) maps on it and nothing else?
>
> So I have to flip-flop between Reach and Reach MP?
> Either way campaign challenges will be a hassle or are they being scraped totally?
> I think everything can fit on 1 disk.
>
> Any info?

HCEA is one disk with the 7 new maps and the remastered campaign. You will be able to Download the new maps to play with your current Reach disk for MP if you like.
You can also just play MM with the 7 new maps through the HCEA disk if you want or don’t own Reach.

> > I would assume that 343 will be taking over the daily challenges for Reach MP, with that being said will campaign challenges (weekly/daily) be for Reach or Halo: CEA?
> >
> > If this is anything like the ODST/ Halo 3 MP then we have a campaign disk and a MP disk, now from what I heard the MP disk only has the 7 (NEW) maps on it and nothing else?
> >
> > So I have to flip-flop between Reach and Reach MP?
> > Either way campaign challenges will be a hassle or are they being scraped totally?
> > I think everything can fit on 1 disk.
> >
> > Any info?
>
> HCEA is one disk with the 7 new maps and the remastered campaign. You will be able to Download the new maps to play with your current Reach disk for MP if you like.
> You can also just play MM with the 7 new maps through the HCEA disk if you want or don’t own Reach.

Link, do you have a link?

Sparkast Link

Relevant info starts around the 26:40 mark.

Another Link you might find useful. :slight_smile:

Thank you kind Sir!

> Thank you kind Sir!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Now about the multiplayer… will we be cross-discing (meaning playing players on Reach who have the 7 new maps while we are on CEA)?

> Now about the multiplayer… will we be cross-discing (meaning playing players on Reach who have the 7 new maps while we are on CEA)?

Hmm, I would assume so. That is one of the reasons for using Reach’s MP. They don’t want to split the population. That is only a guess on my part though.

That’s good, if we’re correct. More technical stuff would be nice from 343i… But hey, they have their hands full right now, plus the pressure of making sure a classic is up to par and beyond in the remake. Patience truly is a virtue…

Yes, players playing Reach can play with CEA players as long as they have the maps installed.

Well, I’m a die hard Halo fan. Been playing since 2002/2003 and have loved it ever, ever so much. It has shaped me and even my career, by getting me into Programming/Coding and Development. And Halo CE was my lovechild for many a year, but i do have some very… Engine based questions you might not feel comfortable answering, but I’d like to ask, just incase you want to answer :slight_smile:

1) Now, since you are just running a new graphical engine over the previous Blam! engine, will this change the map’s sizes due to new assets in the maps. Or are assets all in asset maps (such as single_player_shared)? I ask this because HaloCE currently saves the current .Map onto the HDD in cache. Will this still happen in CE:A? Because that would be amazing if it did :slight_smile: (wink…wink)

2) Can we disable the graphical layer at literary ANY point? Like in cutscenes or in the mainmenu?

3) Will the engine check for RSA Signatures in map files? Or CRC, or is the engine even that un-touched? I mean, what harm can Coop “editing” do? :frowning:

If any of you are able/allowed to answer any of these questions, I would love you even more than i already do. I mean most of you guys made Halo1/2. The best Halo games there were! :slight_smile:

-Xerax (Alex)

> I mean most of you guys made Halo1/2. The best Halo games there were! :slight_smile:
>
> -Xerax (Alex)

Proof?

> > I mean most of you guys made Halo1/2. The best Halo games there were! :slight_smile:
> >
> > -Xerax (Alex)
>
> Proof?

/Facepalm

Watch the Defiant Map Pack ViDoc, most of the developers interviewed tell us what they did in Halo Before.

> > > I mean most of you guys made Halo1/2. The best Halo games there were! :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > -Xerax (Alex)
> >
> > Proof?
>
> /Facepalm
>
> Watch the Defiant Map Pack ViDoc, most of the developers interviewed tell us what they did in Halo Before.

Ok, I was just curious about that as I am not very aware of who is on the 343i dev team. The series is in good hands then if that is true =)

> > > > I mean most of you guys made Halo1/2. The best Halo games there were! :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > -Xerax (Alex)
> > >
> > > Proof?
> >
> > /Facepalm
> >
> > Watch the Defiant Map Pack ViDoc, most of the developers interviewed tell us what they did in Halo Before.
>
> Ok, I was just curious about that as I am not very aware of who is on the 343i dev team. The series is in good hands then if that is true =)

Yeah, it seem’s alot of people don’t know this. But Halo is in very, very good hands. And thats why I can’t wait for CE:A and H4 :smiley:

> Can we disable the graphical layer at literary ANY point? Like in cutscenes or in the mainmenu?

Good question about the cutscenes.

> > Can we disable the graphical layer at literary ANY point? Like in cutscenes or in the mainmenu?
>
> Good question about the cutscenes.

They said you can do it even in cutscenes. If I’m not wrong.

edit: source: Q&A with Halo: Anniversary crew

"HBO: Just to clarify - will the in-game cutscenes receive the same graphical upgrade as the regular gameplay? And will the back-and-forth toggle exist here, as well?

343i: Yes, the cutscenes will use the new graphics engine, and yes, you’l be able to jump back and forth."

Ok good to know, thanks.

(Merci)

I have been wondering if Halo CEA will work with the Xbox Elite and Under.
If you can help me please do!
Thank you

Xbox elite?