Halo: CEA Multiplayer Compromise

Compromise - A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions.

My Communications teacher last semester gave this definition, then added that more often than not, a sub-definition is added: "A solution that all parties can ‘live with’ ". Compromises are not supposed to be a perfect win-win for everyone. They’re supposed to be a solution to a problem that people can “live with” and be happy, and I think that I have a compromise that will do just that.

343 Studios - Does not want to split the player population of Reach by adding HCEA multiplayer to the mix.

Community - Wants HCEA Multiplayer to replace Reach.

Compromise - Integrate a Custom Games Browser into HCEA, update it with the best netcode they can, and let the community handle it. No Ranks, no Stat Tracking…Just a server browser.

Again…Compromise. While this decision will split the population a little bit, not including matchmaking support, ranks, armor, or any of that will be a real turn-off for some players, and they will continue to play Reach. However, those discontent with Reach’s multiplayer will have an outlet, even if it’s a little harder to find an optimal game…They will have their beloved Halo 1 Multiplayer out there to play on a console.

It’s not perfect for either side…But I don’t think it would be THAT hard for 343 to slap together a custom games browser…And it shouldn’t be THAT hard for us to be content with that. 343 gets to support Reach, and we get to play Halo 1 online.

That’s fair, don’t you think?

No. For one, Halo: CE maps will not run properly on Halo Reach’s gameplay mechanics, and is stupid to even consider having them in the game, without changing the maps themselves.

And while I agree that 343i should support both parties, original multiplayer should not take a backseat position in a remake of the original game, rather the direct opposite in fact. Reach multiplayer, if kept, should not have the main playlists while the original undermines what the community wants.

It’s better than nothing. And I’ll say no one should compare Reach Classic slayer with CE.

> No. For one, Halo: CE maps will not run properly on Halo Reach’s gameplay mechanics, and is stupid to even consider having them in the game, without changing the maps themselves.
>
> And while I agree that 343i should support both parties, original multiplayer should not take a backseat position in a remake of the original game, rather the direct opposite in fact. Reach multiplayer, if kept, should not have the main playlists while the original undermines what the community wants.

Really? So you want to play Halo CEA online…And you refuse the ONLY reasonable, and probably possible, solution?

This’d be easy for 343, easier than Matchmaking support for sure. It might be our only shot LEFT to get it in.

Compromise: Not everyone is happy, but the problem is solved.

The fact remains, there’s a problem needing solving. Why? Why is Halo: CE multiplayer not allowed to drive the Halo: CE remake? It makes no sense, and no, there is no compromise, because even though nearly everyone hates the fact that the original multiplayer will be in the remake, the fact remains that our pleas for help will do nothing to change it, no matter how much we scream at them. They will do what they want, no matter what.

> The fact remains, there’s a problem needing solving. Why? Why is Halo: CE multiplayer not allowed to drive the Halo: CE remake? It makes no sense, and no, there is no compromise, because even though nearly everyone hates the fact that the original multiplayer will be in the remake, the fact remains that our pleas for help will do nothing to change it, no matter how much we scream at them. They will do what they want, no matter what.

I think that’s a load of crock. 343 has shown already that they’re tuned in to the community by doing this in the first place. They will listen if we talk enough.

> > The fact remains, there’s a problem needing solving. Why? Why is Halo: CE multiplayer not allowed to drive the Halo: CE remake? It makes no sense, and no, there is no compromise, because even though nearly everyone hates the fact that the original multiplayer will be in the remake, the fact remains that our pleas for help will do nothing to change it, no matter how much we scream at them. They will do what they want, no matter what.
>
> I think that’s a load of crock. 343 has shown already that they’re tuned in to the community by doing this in the first place. They will listen if we talk enough.

Kind of sounds like Bungie. We say we want something, and then they completely screw it the -Yoink- up. Remember Reach? We were hoping for a more CE like game. Hahahaha.

> > The fact remains, there’s a problem needing solving. Why? Why is Halo: CE multiplayer not allowed to drive the Halo: CE remake? It makes no sense, and no, there is no compromise, because even though nearly everyone hates the fact that the original multiplayer will be in the remake, the fact remains that our pleas for help will do nothing to change it, no matter how much we scream at them. They will do what they want, no matter what.
>
> I think that’s a load of crock. 343 has shown already that they’re tuned in to the community by doing this in the first place. They will listen if we talk enough.

Really? Where is the proof? By remaking Halo: CE? For one, we don’t even know if it was their decision or Microsoft, you know, those people that own 343i. And no, it really doesn’t show they care for the community because for 10 years, the community has wanted Halo: CE multiplayer but with live, and now that we get the remake of Halo: CE, we find out they have decided to change the multiplayer instead of keep it. So no, it doesn’t look like they’re set to give us what we want.

> > > The fact remains, there’s a problem needing solving. Why? Why is Halo: CE multiplayer not allowed to drive the Halo: CE remake? It makes no sense, and no, there is no compromise, because even though nearly everyone hates the fact that the original multiplayer will be in the remake, the fact remains that our pleas for help will do nothing to change it, no matter how much we scream at them. They will do what they want, no matter what.
> >
> > I think that’s a load of crock. 343 has shown already that they’re tuned in to the community by doing this in the first place. They will listen if we talk enough.
>
> Really? Where is the proof? By remaking Halo: CE? For one, we don’t even know if it was their decision or Microsoft, you know, those people that own 343i. And no, it really doesn’t show they care for the community because for 10 years, the community has wanted Halo: CE multiplayer but with live, and now that we get the remake of Halo: CE, we find out they have decided to change the multiplayer instead of keep it. So no, it doesn’t look like they’re set to give us what we want.

Well, this is pretty convincing:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26149228&postcount=10434

I’m not a qualified coder, but from what I’ve seen coding things for online play is one hell of a job. Certianly not “easy” by any means. Anyway, I don’t think there will be such a compromise. 343 have obviously given it a lot of thought, it’s not something they just thought up on the spot. They knew the community would -Yoink- about it, but I’m sure they’re more than prepared.

So, no online multiplayer for CEA, but is there still splitscreen?

I think you’re a little too keen on speaking for the whole community when you’ve probably only seen posts of 600,000 people actually playing Halo games right now (Those are just the ones playing now mind you, not the full population of Halo fans). That being said I read posts about populations being too low on certain playlists and having trouble finding a game as it is on the Reach forums, you think this is a good fix for both parties? You’ll have trouble finding games in both games if you do somehting like that.

Anyway the real reason they didn’t do a CE multiplayer isn’t not to divide the community, it’s to keep the integrity of Halo CE, they thought to make the game function the compromises CE would have to make are far to great to create the same enjoyable experiance fans remember.

They did it not to forever soil people’s memories of CE, not to ruin their years of enjoyment by sending out a game everyone would hate because they couldn’t keep it true to the original.

Bungie did all that and more by “listening” to the community. Until they prove it, they deserve no admiration about how they are “listening” to us.

> I think you’re a little too keen on speaking for the whole community when you’ve probably only seen posts of 600,000 people actually playing Halo games right now (Those are just the ones playing now mind you, not the full population of Halo fans). That being said I read posts about populations being too low on certain playlists and having trouble finding a game as it is on the Reach forums, you think this is a good fix for both parties? You’ll have trouble finding games in both games if you do somehting like that.
>
> Anyway the real reason they didn’t do a CE multiplayer isn’t not to divide the community, it’s to keep the integrity of Halo CE, they thought to make the game function the compromises CE would have to make are far to great to create the same enjoyable experiance fans remember.
>
>
> They did it not to forever soil people’s memories of CE, not to ruin their years of enjoyment by sending out a game everyone would hate because they couldn’t keep it true to the original.

Ever played CE on XBC? It was a blast. It was fun, great, and worked. It felt just like LAN. It can be done, and it’s what everyone wants. Not a re hashed campaign with pretty graphics,

Y’all are missing the point of COMPROMISE.

Yes, of course it isn’t perfect. But guess what? You’d still get to PLAY THE STONKING GAME ONLINE, and 343 could still officially support Reach as the lead multiplayer platform. So what, are you saying that you WOULDN’T want Halo CEA multiplayer if it was just a custom games browser?

Well then, all you really wanted to do was de-throne Reach, now wasn’t it?

> Well then, all you really wanted to do was de-throne Reach, now wasn’t it?

Yes.

> Anyway the real reason they didn’t do a CE multiplayer isn’t not to divide the community, it’s to keep the integrity of Halo CE, they thought to make the game function the compromises CE would have to make are far to great to create the same enjoyable experiance fans remember.
>
>
> They did it not to forever soil people’s memories of CE, not to ruin their years of enjoyment by sending out a game everyone would hate because they couldn’t keep it true to the original.

Untrue. Frankie has already posted several times they didn’t want to lose the Reach crowd to CE. Also, he detests the pistol, Frankie does not like CE MP so there you go.

So because Frankie does not like CE MP, he wants you to buy a $40 mappack. As for me, I didn’t buy ODST, I didn’t buy Halo Reach and wished I hadn’t bought Halo 3… so I will not be buying this.

> Y’all are missing the point of COMPROMISE.
>
> Yes, of course it isn’t perfect. But guess what? You’d still get to PLAY THE STONKING GAME ONLINE, and 343 could still officially support Reach as the lead multiplayer platform. So what, are you saying that you WOULDN’T want Halo CEA multiplayer if it was just a custom games browser?
>

Yes. Reach destroyed the Halo name and by having it remain on top for another two years while Halo 4 is in the works is a disgrace to the Halo name and it’s loyal followers. And not only that, the problem lies in to the fact that we have to compromise with Halo Reach fans even though it’s a Halo: CE remake, it makes no sense, especially if you think about how much more popularity Halo would gain if they had the original multiplayer with live plus Reach multiplayer.

> Y’all are missing the point of COMPROMISE.
>
> Yes, of course it isn’t perfect. But guess what? You’d still get to PLAY THE STONKING GAME ONLINE, and 343 could still officially support Reach as the lead multiplayer platform. So what, are you saying that you WOULDN’T want Halo CEA multiplayer if it was just a custom games browser?
>

They said they didn’t want to do it because it would compromise the experiance too much, now I’m disappointed but I fully understand, I don’t want a watered down experiance while playing CE multiplayer I want the real deal and if I can’t have the real deal I don’t want my vision of CE multiplayer to be tainted by the flawed experiance.

> > Y’all are missing the point of COMPROMISE.
> >
> > Yes, of course it isn’t perfect. But guess what? You’d still get to PLAY THE STONKING GAME ONLINE, and 343 could still officially support Reach as the lead multiplayer platform. So what, are you saying that you WOULDN’T want Halo CEA multiplayer if it was just a custom games browser?
> >
> > Well then, all you really wanted to do was de-throne Reach, now wasn’t it?
>
> They said they didn’t want to do it because it would compromise the experiance too much, now I’m disappointed but I fully understand, I don’t want a watered down experiance while playing CE multiplayer I want the real deal and if I can’t have the real deal I don’t want my vision of CE multiplayer to be tainted by the flawed experiance.

The only way it would have been watered down is if they changed it. Frankie doesn’t like CE MP so yes, they would have changed the gameplay thereby changing the gameplay.

But it didn’t need to be changed. That’s the flaw. The game was nearly perfect. There are three reasons why this was done:

1.) Didn’t want to lose Reach players which would have in mass
2.) Frankie doesn’t like CE MP or the pistol
3.) Too lazy to add the XBL interface to the old CE MP

Why get CE MP online, when you can sell $40 mappacks to stupid kids?

> > Y’all are missing the point of COMPROMISE.
> >
> > Yes, of course it isn’t perfect. But guess what? You’d still get to PLAY THE STONKING GAME ONLINE, and 343 could still officially support Reach as the lead multiplayer platform. So what, are you saying that you WOULDN’T want Halo CEA multiplayer if it was just a custom games browser?
> >
> > Well then, all you really wanted to do was de-throne Reach, now wasn’t it?
>
> Yes. Reach destroyed the Halo name and by having it remain on top for another two years while Halo 4 is in the works is a disgrace to the Halo name and it’s loyal followers. And not only that, the problem lies in to the fact that we have to compromise with Halo Reach fans even though it’s a Halo: CE remake, it makes no sense, especially if you think about how much more popularity Halo would gain if they had the original multiplayer with live plus Reach multiplayer.

Dude, what the -Yoink- are you ON?!

Look, Reach wasn’t great, but Halo 4 is not a “disgrace”…We saw a damn TEASER TRAILER FOR -Yoinks!- SAKE.

Fact of the matter is, you’re being stubborn, and your unwillingless to COMPROMISE (And people like you) just might cost you the ability to play Halo CEA online AT ALL. If you could see past your hate, you would see that this is a perfect middle-ground solution that would, in fact, solve the problem! But no…You’re so consumed with hating everything 343i does, and hating Halo in general, that you can’t EVER reach a solution because you will ALWAYS be dissatisfied no matter WHAT changes are made, or WHAT 343 does, or what ANY FUTURE HALO GAME HAS TO OFFER!!!

If you hate Halo so damn much…Just -Yoink-. Nobody wants your negativity…

You hated Halo 3
You hate Halo Reach
You hate Halo CEA
And you hate Halo 4 off a damn TRAILER.

Sounds like you just need to LEAVE.