Halo:CEA Marines break canon

The marines you see in Halo CEA screenshot ARE NOT MARINES from UNSC Navy. those are Reach’s Ground military soldiers. those who were in PoA, were marines of Navy. and if you notice in Reach when Cpt.Keyes comes to deck to take Cortana from Noble 6, you’ll notice that another model of soldiers are with him, those are actually marines. So if 343i wants to change them to Navy marines, its not that difficult because they’re already in Halo: Reach engine.

We’re all tired right now so I’ll let you by unscathed on this, man.

Those are placeholders. Read the latest bulletin to realize placeholders are being fixed.

Just a fyi, cea doesnt use the reach engine for campaign.

Honestly, I could overlook it. Although Anniversary seems to be using the same models as the Army Troopers, both military branches use pretty similar BDUs anyways.

> We’re all tired right now so I’ll let you by unscathed on this, man.
>
>
> Those are placeholders. Read the latest bulletin to realize placeholders are being fixed.

To be fair, I’ve never seen anything about the troopers seen in the trailer as being just placeholders. I might have missed that detail though.

Well, Angel did say placeholders were being fixed in the bulletin, and 343i knows we all are much, much too picky to let this descripancy go by.

> Just a fyi, cea doesnt use the reach engine for campaign.

He’s talking about the way 343 took the Reach models to be used in the trailer for CEA.

OT: I’d rather have nice and proper PoA marines instead of Reach Army rangers with different hats in the remake.

Yes the new grass isn’t canon either, everyone knows bluegrass was never in CE.

Lets step back a notch and realize how silly this is.

No, NO NO NO NO. [fan boy pretend rage]

White field marshall elites are teh no exist on the Truth and Reconcilliation.

And the Reach pistol does NOT have the power of the M6D.

Not a deal breaker for me. They actually look like they could take more damage then the old Marines.

> Yes the new grass isn’t canon either, everyone knows bluegrass was never in CE.
>
> Lets step back a notch and realize how silly this is.

Silly? Folks like you = why the Halo canon (Reach in particular) is full of big, glaring holes

It’s pretty much the same as the new Master Chief model, the one in the trailer was just a test, the version we saw I am guessing was not the final build of the game so to show people what they have so far they just did a drag and drop sort of thing.

That way it doesn’t give too much away. I personally am looking forward to seeing my favorite Sweet William Cigar smoking Sergeant Major Avery Johnson!

> That way it doesn’t give too much away. I personally am looking forward to seeing my favorite Sweet William Cigar smoking Sergeant Major Avery Johnson!

That reminds me, will he still be killable in CEA, same as Keyes? And if we’ll have weapon swapping too.

> > That way it doesn’t give too much away. I personally am looking forward to seeing my favorite Sweet William Cigar smoking Sergeant Major Avery Johnson!
>
> That reminds me, will he still be killable in CEA, same as Keyes? And if we’ll have weapon swapping too.

Every thing in the campaign is going to be the same, EVERYTHING. The only changes is co-op xbl, new graphics option, and terminals.