Halo CEA GOTY?

Most people prefers Halo CE over Reach so with a remastered version of Halo CE coming this november with some new features does it stand a chance of winning GOTY? Also Reach has been nominated GOTY by many award shows so if CE is better than Reach should’nt it get nominated?

Have you seen that games coming out this year?? LOL Also I doubt a remake has chance.

Game of the Year for 2001, and Game of the Year for 2011. And the cycle continues. :slight_smile:

unless there are more than one GOTY per year H:CEA will loose out to FO:NV as I think all “mainline” FO games have been awarded GOTY, though I could be wrong, would be nice though to see CEA take GOTY :slight_smile:

Are you kidding? Skyrim is coming out this year.

> Are you kidding? Skyrim is coming out this year.

That was pretty much my thought but didn’t want to name names. LOL

> > Are you kidding? Skyrim is coming out this year.
>
> That was pretty much my thought but didn’t want to name names. LOL

How about we look to Halo 4 for 2012?

> Are you kidding? Skyrim is coming out this year.

Same with MW3 and BF3. MW3 will probably get it due to it having the words “Call of Duty” on it’s case.

> > Are you kidding? Skyrim is coming out this year.
>
> Same with MW3 and BF3. MW3 will probably get it due to it having the words “Call of Duty” on it’s case.

I doubt it, ever since Black Ops, CoD hasn’t been held in such high esteem lately, I see Black Ops constantly losing people to Reach.

> How about we look to Halo 4 for 2012?

Now you’re talking. :smiley:

Shooters have low chances of getting GOTY currently. Halo: CEA is ultimately Halo 1, COD: MW3 is ultimately its predecessors, and same for Gears of War and other games. Although they can be great, GOTY goes to the game that is both fun, original, innovative and has a ton of replay value. Skyrim probably will fit that because although a a sequel, its 2 previous predecessors were both GOTY and RPGs can be altered to meet said criteria. What innovation can any shooter bring that will truly set it apart from the other ones? Or how fun/original the multiplayer and story can be for a shooter? It can happen, but Skyrim is probably going to win. Halo: CEA will be great - just not GOTY.

That doesn’t mean Halo 4 won’t be :wink:

CEA is not a remake, it is a port with new graphics and some minor content additions. It’s nothing more than a fossil wearing a tutu.

>

It’s not getting GOTY.

> CEA is not a remake, it is a port with new graphics and some minor content additions. It’s nothing more than a fossil wearing a tutu.
>
> >
>
> It’s not getting GOTY.

Someone sounds a little pissed. You say fossil like it’s a bad thing, personally I find it fun and nostalgic to revisit classic old games.

> Have you seen that games coming out this year?? LOL Also I doubt a remake has chance.

As big a fan as I am of Halo 1, I have to agree with this guy.

Halo 1 stands no chance against Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3, and Battlefield 3, to name a few. Unless the multiplayer portion is SO DAMN GOOD and 343i has TOTALLY REVOLUTIONIZED the way Halo Reach plays…This game will be a great game for long-time fans, and maybe some interested modern Halo fans will pick it up as well.

Don’t expect it to perform well with critics, folks. It is a 10 year old game, after all.

Ive got Arkham City down for GOTY actually. Well either that or bioshock infinite. So many good games, Q4 is gonna be brutal on my wallet this year.

> Someone sounds a little pissed. You say fossil like it’s a bad thing, personally I find it fun and nostalgic to revisit classic old games.

Pissed? No. Disappointed? Most certainly.

>

Anyone who wants to play the game exactly as it existed before can do so by simply playing it on their Xbox, or on the PC (for those who own that particular port). The latter can still be purchased fairly cheaply via mail.

>

I was hoping they would bring the game back with the splendor and technical accomplishment that has accompanied modern Halo games. (Even Reach – though its gameplay is subpar, you can’t deny that in many respects it is a technological marvel.) I was hoping for something like the amazing story and gameplay of Halo: Combat Evolved, with the technical prowess of Reach and the improved level and encounter design of Halo 3.

>

Instead, we get new graphics… and old everything-else. An old (and almost completely broken) physics engine; an old and primitive AI engine; old and obsolete level design…

>

Buying CEA is literally just paying for a graphics engine and a map pack. They’re not breathing life into a classic; they’re dressing up a fossil and giving it to us, in much the same manner as a house cat dropping a mouse’s maimed corpse at your feet as a well-intentioned, but uninteresting, gift. The biggest difference being that you don’t have to pay for the mouse.

I don’t think anyone will be giving this Game of the Year. Combat Evolved is indeed one of the greatest games of all time but CEA is still just a remake, GOTY will go to new releases.

No it won’t get GOTY. It doesn’t even have a chance. It’s a remake after all. Although saying that the campaign will probably be better than 99% of the games that come out this year. I would give it GOTY just to show developers how far the industry has fallen. A ten year old game is still better than the stuff coming out today. I see skyrim getting GOTY, critics love the game and whatever bugs will get overlooked as with oblivion. I tried to like oblivion, I really did but the bugs ruined the game for me twice, so I gave up. I actually hope gears 3 gets GOTY. The campaign looks great and added with horde and beast mode plus an excellent multiplayer it sure does deserve it. The old republic will be in with a shout of course and battlefield and COD don’t have a chance. People are tiring with COD and battlefield has never produced a good campaign.

> > Someone sounds a little pissed. You say fossil like it’s a bad thing, personally I find it fun and nostalgic to revisit classic old games.
>
> Pissed? No. Disappointed? Most certainly.
>
> >
>
> Anyone who wants to play the game exactly as it existed before can do so by simply playing it on their Xbox, or on the PC (for those who own that particular port). The latter can still be purchased fairly cheaply via mail.
>
> >
>
> I was hoping they would bring the game back with the splendor and technical accomplishment that has accompanied modern Halo games. (Even Reach – though its gameplay is subpar, you can’t deny that in many respects it is a technological marvel.) I was hoping for something like the amazing story and gameplay of Halo: Combat Evolved, with the technical prowess of Reach and the improved level and encounter design of Halo 3.
>
> >
>
> Instead, we get new graphics… and old everything-else. An old (and almost completely broken) physics engine; an old and primitive AI engine; old and obsolete level design…
>
> >
>
> Buying CEA is literally just paying for a graphics engine and a map pack. They’re not breathing life into a classic; they’re dressing up a fossil and giving it to us, in much the same manner as a house cat dropping a mouse’s maimed corpse at your feet as a well-intentioned, but uninteresting, gift. The biggest difference being that you don’t have to pay for the mouse.

Frankie said something about adding things in for replay value, we already know there are terminals, but there may be something else, skulls maybe? There are also achievements to unlock. And on games on demand, Halo CE=$15 so for CEA we pay an extra five for achievements, graphics, and terminals and possibly other new easter eggs, and we pay $20 for a 7 map map pack which would’ve cost over $20 anyway without the whole game, sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

I think either BF3 or Skyrim will get game of the year. I personally think Skyrim because I still have to see if they solve the server lag, base raping and sniper noobing with BF3.