Halo: CE Vehicle GamePlay DYNAMICS Back!

Go compare the gameplay of being in a vehicle in Halo: CE and compare it too ALL other Halo’s to date. We all know which one was more fun and REALISTIC. Although they improved the most in Halo: Reach, it still lacks and is no where near comparable to Halo: Combat Evolved’s warthog gameplay.

It felt like a REAL military Warthog as it should be. When you even crashed into something, you heard it. Please, you should all know, if you don’t please go see for your self.

ALSO. First Person View In Passenger Seat Of The Warthog!
Remember the first person view? How amazing it looked, and how fun it was? Getting snipe kills through that showed skill, BUT was overall FUN. As it should be. Please bs_angel, tell Frankie that this is a crucial thing. These things alone would make the game so much more enjoyable. This goes for all vehicles not just the warthog.

Don’t lie to your self, you know you loved it aswell.

-Bump-

First person side seat was super fun! I always played Warthog Wars where you had one driver and one passenger. Passenger could only use nades to flip the other warthog. You won by splattering the other team.

Personally I think that bringing back all aspects of Halo: CE vehicular combat will throw BTB into chaos. I mean, I don’t think we want the 5 mph splatter back and maybe (I only said maybe) not the indestructible vehicles. But the physics of the vehicles and their weapon balance should come back. although there’s no telling whether new vehicles will be added or if they will stick to the originals.

My only problems were that you instantly died if you touched a moving Warthog no matter speed, it could slide at 0,5km/h and still kill you :stuck_out_tongue:
But I can agree that the vehicle physics in Reach were pretty horrible, worse then Gears of War 2 I might say, and far below Halo 3. I hope the next Halo game offers a warthog that has a weight and ain’t lighter then a mongoose :wink:
Hope for goods vehicle physics, like the ones in Halo 1, 2 or 3 :slight_smile:
And yes, first person view in passenger seat was epic :wink:

I did like the system of the vehicle’s life depending on your health. If you got into a busted warthog in Halo 3, you will lose heath faster than in a normal warthog, In reach if you drive a broken, god forsaken warthog you may get asploaded with full health by a few shots from a DMR.

Lets pretty much sum up all the vehcile dynamics from the looks of these replies and personal ones.

1. Halo 3 vehicle health system

2. indestructable vehicle system is a big NO

3. Yes 1 mph splatter was horrible

4. A vehicle health bar would be nice

5. First person passenger shouldnt atomatically be there (read 6)

6. Switch to turn first person on and off.

Vehicle parts health would be cool on the HUD. But it would be cool to have a way to repair vehicles.

> Lets pretty much sum up all the vehcile dynamics from the looks of these replies and personal ones.
>
> 1. Halo 3 vehicle health system
>
> 2. indestructable vehicle system is a big NO
>
> 3. Yes 1 mph splatter was horrible
>
> 4. A vehicle health bar would be nice
>
> 5. First person passenger shouldnt atomatically be there (read 6)
>
> 6. Switch to turn first person on and off.

Remember, I’m talking dynamics, don’t mind it blowing up.

Yes, I’d love the H:CE 'hog dynamics back - EXCEPT the terrible acceleration.

I miss CE’s vehicles and sometimes get annouyed with Reach’s but Reach still comes in 2nd for vehicle physics.

I truly miss Ghost catwalks and Ghost skeet shooting from CE. You get one tank somewhere on the map and the other parked very far away. You get players to ram into the parked Scorpion, trying to get as much air as possible with Ghosts (and sometimes 'Hogs). If you have enough players, you have rockets being fired to try and boost the height of the Ghost’s “jumps” without killing the player. Then the other tank (and snipers) try to take out the Ghost drivers.

I can’t complain too much about Reach’s vehicles overall. Love the look of the Banshee. Love how the hover vehicles work. Love how the tanks can be destroyed/crippled. And all though it can just absolutely rock because of what it is, the Scorpion behaves in a manner that I find is finally true to the vehicle it is.

It’s just, come on, it’s a freaking TANK!! Tank beats everything, so it has to be limited in use.