halo ce remake

a re make would just be stupid

> a re make would just be stupid

I second this.

I want to see 343i make their own game, not remake someone else’s. It wouldn’t let them show their full potential…

I personnaly would like any classic game I use to play remade with better graphics, like halo 1-3 and Zelda. but I want to see 343 make something new.

As long as their game’s multiplayer is balanced, and they are not like Bungie (Fun > Balance), they can make any halo game they want, but without any noobish AAs, Bloom or slow player movement, i’d like 343s game to be as fast paced and balanced as Halo CE was (without the mini nukes).

What’s wrong with fun > balance? The whole point of the game is to have fun.

You will have the same amount of fun with a balanced game. Crazy explosions happening everywhere, warthogs flying through the air splattering a person, a sticky landing right ontop of a players head that no one knew was there. Dont believe the false claim that balance eliminates the fun of a game, but you better believe that alot of the random things Reach promotes definitely takes away form the balance/competitive aspect.

I dont want a HC remake, but i dont want something completely new that follows along the lines of HCE/H2 more so then following after H3/Reach.

I have to disagree i would love it if they remade it that way they can get there feet wet before they go and do ther own halo game and halo ce was definitly the best of all of them why not add matchmaking forge and theatre

> What’s wrong with fun > balance? The whole point of the game is to have fun.

I like knowing if my opponent outplayed me or was it just luck (bloom sytem) or the AA he took before respawing, having all players with the same weapon and running speed gives same chances of owning each other or reaching a power weapon or vehicle, is more fun than my AL beats your sprint double pummel, or your vehicle.

Would you rather everyone have fun or a tie game?

> Would you rather everyone have fun or a tie game?

What?

> > Would you rather everyone have fun or a tie game?
>
> What?

Wait - What?

If 343 make a Halo game, they should really find a compromise where competitive plays can have their non-random and bare bones arena play style. And for the fun/competitive hybrid can have reach/halo 3 thing going on and the fun lovers have an action sack like playlist. When they do release something about a game it won’t be until a while, they don’t want to already crack down on reach which came out not that long ago.

They should make a game when you are on the covenants side!

if you dont want a remake dont buy it the millions of the rest of us will though.

> I want to see 343i make their own game, not remake someone else’s. It wouldn’t let them show their full potential…

i disagree with this, if they could pull off a good remake of either halo ce or 2(or a combination of the two) i would be quite impressed. i believe that would showcase there “potential” quite well, i don’t believe remakes are as easy as you think. also imo, todays gaming is lacking a lot in core gameplay mechanics, which is what the old school halo’s were all about. i may only speak for my self but, i think it’s time they brought back some of those classics.

If they indeed do remake Halo CE. They need to keep everything the same. The weapon balance is simple and amazing. Every weapon had a purpose, from long range to medium range to short range. They don’t need to try and get fancy and start added new things just to make it “their own”. All they need to do is add forge, 4 player theater mode, update the graphics, and add XBL multiplayer. Also, keep all the old multiplayer maps and add a couple of new ones.

i am realy pissed of at 343 the new map pack for reach was ok i guess but not as good as halo 3 if tthey could put sandbox from 3 into reach…

A remake of CE would be a good thing and heres why. It would let them iron out some Reach’s engine bugs without taking time and manpower away form a new Halo game. Its a remake so they wouldnt have to create anything new which means a small team to fix engine issues with proven gameplay.

> A remake of CE would be a good thing and heres why. It would let them iron out some Reach’s engine bugs without taking time and manpower away form a new Halo game. Its a remake so they wouldnt have to create anything new which means a small team to fix engine issues with proven gameplay.

true but i still kinda hate the idea but like the idea of a remake someone help!