Halo CE Pistol

I posted something about the Pistol a wile back the reason is because the pistol in Halo CE acutely feels and looks like a pistol made for a spartan the Halo CE pistol in both damage and look need to return and the plasma pistol damage needs to return as well

As much as I love the CE Pistol and would be perfectly happy with the old 3 shot with a fast TTK as the standard Pistol, people have a weird hangups about it. That being said I still have a soft spot for spawning with a utility Pistol even if it is not quite as powerful as the old handcannon.

I’ve never really gotten the complaints that the Pistol should be worse than a rifle because it is pistol shaped. For one an explosive deagle round is nothing to sniff at, and two Halo’s gameplay has never been terribly representative of either real life or its own lore. I would wager a vast majority of Halo combat takes place at less than 100 meters(if not shorter) and your average precision rifle like the BR has an effective range of about 60 meters in game. I don’t have a hard time imagining a pistol like the M6 being a serious threat at that range and beyond given another 500 years of firearm development. If you just like the aesthetics of having something like the BR be the primary starting weapon as opposed to Pistol then fair enough, but I don’t think that the pistol needs to be an overall worse weapon to support that.

Also, I also hope we can have a Plasma Pistol that is a lethal weapon again. I tend to be partial to the Reach variant due to its relatively high damage(folks seriously underestimate the plasma pistol in Reach) and the fact that its tracking isn’t quite as strong as say the Halo 2 or Halo 5 variants.

My favorite pistol in the series was the Halo Reach Beta pistol. If you combine the final game’s pistol power and rate of fire with Halo 4’s accuracy you basically get what I’m talking about. It fit the sandbox extremely well, having a small advantage over the DMR at mid-close range, beating it up close (with greater consistency than in Reach) but would lose to it more often than not at medium range or farther. That made it pair better with the Sniper than the DMR did, so you could vary up your play more. Then they nerfed both it’s base accuracy and it’s maximum bloom and it became the “AR” starts weapon until you could drop it for a DMR or Needle Rifle.

The Beta Plasma Pistol was equally good, and honestly shouldn’t have been nerfed in the final release either.

> 2533274810177460;3:
> My favorite pistol in the series was the Halo Reach Beta pistol. If you combine the final game’s pistol power and rate of fire with Halo 4’s accuracy you basically get what I’m talking about. It fit the sandbox extremely well, having a small advantage over the DMR at mid-close range, beating it up close (with greater consistency than in Reach) but would lose to it more often than not at medium range or farther. That made it pair better with the Sniper than the DMR did, so you could vary up your play more. Then they nerfed both it’s base accuracy and it’s maximum bloom and it became the “AR” starts weapon until you could drop it for a DMR or Needle Rifle.
>
> The Beta Plasma Pistol was equally good, and honestly shouldn’t have been nerfed in the final release either.

This is an interesting idea. Would be fascinating to see this in action!

Are you wanting the CE Pistol to be the main pistol or like it is in H5? I wouldn’t want it to be the main one, I really like the balance of the H5 magnum, hope it returns.

> 2533275031939856;5:
> Are you wanting the CE Pistol to be the main pistol or like it is in H5? I wouldn’t want it to be the main one, I really like the balance of the H5 magnum, hope it returns.

The main one

That’s potentially viable in campaign but a Halo:CE pistol in multiplayer would be atrociously imbalanced.

It was objectively the best overall weapon in Combat Evolved and made the majority of the weapon sandbox irrelevant.

It was better than the Assault Rifle in every conceivable fashion (longer range, faster TTK, more accurate, etc) and it was almost as good of a “sniper” weapon as the actual sniper rifle.

There’s a reason that it was a legendary tier REQ weapon in Halo 5…it’s absurdly overpowered.

Anostolgia memory-- (15 yr old ille of Halo ce) “I get it that this game is awesome but I keep asking myself why a pistol can shoot across the map… I mean seriously”.

I’d welcome it back but not as a starting weapon. It’s a powerful 3 shot kill capable gun that would be immediately swapped to so it would have to be a power weapon you can pick up.

The CE Pistol was more balanced relative to its sandbox than any other precision weapon in Halo history. Folks like to point to its time to kill on paper and claim it is overpowered, but that just isn’t the case. A good player is far more likely to switch/drop their CE Pistol then they would their H2/H3 BR, Reach DMR, or any of the assorted precision weapons in H4/H5.

Between the Pistol’s higher skillgap, its garbage melee attack, and its inability to quick camo, the CE Pistol has far more drawbacks than your average precision weapon from H2 onward.

We could easily bring back a CE Pistol type(whether it looks like a Pistol or a rifle) starting weapon with a balanced and lethal sandbox to accompany it, but folks just see “3 shot kill” and just throw reason and context out the window. A modern Halo game that actually builds on CE’s design could be incredible if only people would give it a chance.

Those pistols were nasty back in Halo Combat Evolved. You’re not afraid of the damage it will cause?

> 2533274870308953;11:
> Those pistols were nasty back in Halo Combat Evolved. You’re not afraid of the damage it will cause?

What damage will it cause that pistol is badass

I hope they bring the CE pistol back with the same sound.

I personally don’t like how the CE pistol functions. The 3 shot fast TTK essentially makes most weapons that are part of CE’s sandbox null. Besides maybe rockets and the occasional sniper, why have anything else other than the pistol? (Unless a map forces other weapons to be viable in which case I take issue with a weapon being so powerful that you’d have to design a whole map dedicated to nerfing how good it is.) Every time I jump into CE I’m always annoyed how often the pistol is just the answer to any of my problems. Blamblamblam oh wow look at that a triple kill that certainly feels like I didn’t deserve it.

Anyway, my point is that while it was fine for its time I never want to see it in a modern sandbox unless it’s a power weapon map pickup.