hALO:ce NEEDS MORE cHECKPOINTS!

I’m on Legendary mode, and it’s insane! I’ve spent 6 hours on 3 missions! I keep having to redo parts of a mission which can take up to half an hour, because the checkpoints are spaced too far apart.

We need more checkpoints, or at least more health packs, getting 3 shotted by a grunt after half an hour of fire-fighting is becoming a pain in the -Yoink-!

The checkpoints are fine, increasing them will just lead to spawn traps

Have you actually played legendary yet?

I always felt this way about CE, and I assume the checkpoint code in CEA is the same.

It’s just annoying, Reach and Halo 3 were hard Legendary campaigns, but they were enjoyable. This one is impossible and unenjoyable. It’s a pain having to go back 30 minutes 7-8 times in a row, not because you’re lacking skill, but because you need extreme luck for one of the grunts to do something stupid and kill half of the hundred covenant out there waiting for you to pop your head, before trading in their plasma pistols for a sniper and cross mapping you! :confused:

It took me 8 hours to do 3 missions (Legendary), so you did better than me. There can be a bit of a distance between each one, but normally if you clear out the area you’ll get one. I’m very careful to neutralize all enemies before proceeding. I’m on Two Betrayals now, and I remember this one giving me a lot of trouble in spots.

I think the game’s fun hard, you just have to be a little more patient about approaching challenges. PPs and Needlers are nice weapons for safe fire against tough foe. I think the worst parts have been ‘Halo’ (the first ever wave of enemies), and then ‘Truth and Reconciliation’ where you fight by the grav lift. I guess they made sense, though, 'cause if you got a checkpoint before the next wave, and you were low on health you’d be screwed.

I’m on Truth & Reconciliation, it’s so hard :(!!! I’ve finally started getting the hang of it, but the waves just keep coming and coming!

Right there with ya dude- I spent 3 hours on the pre-grav lift confrontation alone; then got stuck just after boarding the shift on a seemingly endless stream of sword elites, grunts and jackals. I played the fight for an hour and then rage-quit.

Wonderful! almost got in, then a lovely hunter said Hi!

> I’m on Legendary mode, and it’s insane! I’ve spent 6 hours on 3 missions! I keep having to redo parts of a mission which can take up to half an hour, because the checkpoints are spaced too far apart.
>
> We need more checkpoints, or at least more health packs, getting 3 shotted by a grunt after half an hour of fire-fighting is becoming a pain in the -Yoink!-!

No, no, no, no, no. It is suppose to be hard, it is legendary. It is just fine to me, I freaking love this game. When I Was 16 back in 2001 I had no problems beating it on legendary and I have no problems now.

Im not trying to be a dbag but if your not having fun on legendary play heroic or normal.

Alot of games nowdays hold gamers hands to much. keep it as is.

If you want your legendary achievs, earn them.

This is what I imagined reach to play like, dont get me wrong I love all the halos but, halo ce has been my favorite campaign of all the halos, heck of any game. I am so pleased 343 kept the gameplay and check points the same.

> I’m on Truth & Reconciliation, it’s so hard :(!!! I’ve finally started getting the hang of it, but the waves just keep coming and coming!

Yeah it’s extremely annoying. Zealots just keep spawning in the first room of the ship area (I swear I fought off like almost 10 with swords).

I managed to get through most of the ship (around where the overshield is outside of the locked door where you fight 2 hunters and Cortana unlocks in the hanger). Once i’d gone through a little more I’d had enough and quit - not only were there enemies in front but somehow enemies had once again spawned behind me in one of the corridors for no real apparent reason (and I could only imagine how much more frustrating protecting Keyes would be at the end!) I swear either something is off/broken with the spawning at times or CE is apparently notorious for this kind of cruel unrelenting spawns. Never had THAT issue with any other Halo.

To me the issue of a lack of checkpoints wouldn’t be so bad if there wasn’t so many moments of those seemingly endless waves stopping progress. It’s not even the increased threat of each individual enemy; it’s just the sheer amount of spawning that makes it frustrating.

I dont mind em, it hasn’t effected me much. And the difficulty is great, Halo 3 was a breeze I was very disappointed with that Legendary. (also cuz brutes just eat bullets than fall over in 3)

> > I’m on Truth & Reconciliation, it’s so hard :(!!! I’ve finally started getting the hang of it, but the waves just keep coming and coming!
>
> Yeah it’s extremely annoying. Zealots just keep spawning in the first room of the ship area (I swear I fought off like almost 10 with swords).
>
> I managed to get through most of the ship (around where the overshield is outside of the locked door where you fight 2 hunters and Cortana unlocks in the hanger). Once i’d gone through a little more I’d had enough and quit - not only were there enemies in front but somehow enemies had once again spawned behind me in one of the corridors for no real apparent reason (and I could only imagine how much more frustrating protecting Keyes would be at the end!) I swear either something is off/broken with the spawning at times or CE is apparently notorious for this kind of cruel unrelenting spawns. Never had THAT issue with any other Halo.
>
> To me the issue of a lack of checkpoints wouldn’t be so bad if there wasn’t so many moments of those seemingly endless waves stopping progress. It’s not even the increased threat of each individual enemy; it’s just the sheer amount of spawning that makes it frustrating.

Once again it is called LEGENDARY for a reason, and I for one love the fact that there are so many enimies to fight on every level, I really enjoy reach but it feels so empty.

Like on the mission LONG NIGHT OF SOLACE after you enter the launch facility you fight one elte, thats it just one, really. This is just one of many reasons why i love halo ce so much, it has such high replay value. There are literally aliens to shoot around almost every corner.

Also you have the freaking 60 clip magazine assault rifle that can hold an additional, wait for it, 600 bullets. The all powerful one gun kills all magnum that can hold an additional wait for it, 120 extra bullets. And then my all time favorite the -Yoink!- -Yoink!- shotgun which holds 12 rounds with an additional, wait for it, 60 rounds; not to mention the extremly powerful sniper rifle and all the other nasty guns I dont feel like going in detail over.

Look, the artificial inteligence in this game is ten years old, not nearly as good as halo reach nor halo 2 for that matter, yet it still stands the test of time. This is a brilliant game that holds so much power in its name, acomplishment and gamplay.

I may be a bit biased but as far as I am concerned 343 deserves a very, very slow clap for their phenominal work on halo ce anniversary. I will be playing this game weekly for years just like I did the origanal halo ce so many years ago.

Ps. This is the game I have been waiting for since halo ce.

> I’m on Truth & Reconciliation, it’s so hard :(!!! I’ve finally started getting the hang of it, but the waves just keep coming and coming!

It’s only going to get harder, especially at the Library and Two Betrayals. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are a few spots that get a bit dicey, but then again there are others where I feel it’s overly generous with checkpoints. One trick that may work is to kill the enemies near you and then backtrack a little. I’ve had some luck with it giving me a checkpoint then. Good luck! :slight_smile:

And lets not forget the Bandana skull. If you really are having such problems and you really want to earn the legendary achievements, use that.

What did you expect? this game works exactly like it did 10 years ago, 343 didn’t change anything to gameplay.

stop whining. Legendary is supposed to be hard. After CE the campaigns got too easy. This is how every other halo campaign should have been

Oh man, I just finished this level tonight on Legendary. It was a pain, took forever. The end is pure luck getting Keyes out of there, I don’t know how many times I had to restart the checkpoint. The guy kept run n’ gunning straight into a heap of grenades and plasma shots. After clearing a section, wandering around a bit got me a checkpoint. Still not enough though.

> Wonderful! almost got in, then a lovely hunter said Hi!

:expressionless:

1. Arm Sniper Rifle
  2. Antagonize
  3. Dodge right when it sweeps at you
  4. Turn left
  5. Fire at back
  6. Repeat with Bond-Brother

This is even made easier with the new larger Sniper reticule.