Halo CE Magnum-Halo Infinite

Who wants to see the return of the most OP weapon in the Halo Universe? I am a big fan of CE to this day and I love the pretty much the entire weapon sandbox. However, the Halo CE magnum is on a tier of its own. Would you love to see this weapon in Halo CE Infinite?

If it were up to me I would port the original weapon right in from the original Xbox game. Of course I would give it the updated Series X graphics/sound effects treatment, but otherwise I think it would be a neat unlockable within the campaign.

As an Easter egg sure, but I don’t want that to be a core weapon within the game.
It’s unbalanced and just makes everything else a bit pointless in comparison

Sure, I’d even be fine with it being the primary spawn weapon provided it actually worked similarly to the OG XBox CE Pistol and not the awful H5 version.

The CE Pistol isn’t unbalanced unless you are a Hunter and that is only due to a bug. The CE Pistol is actually less powerful relative to the rest of the sandbox than most other precision weapons that come after it. A good player may actually drop their CE Pistol depending on the situation, there is basically never a good reason not to have you BR(or DMR or H5 Magnum) with you at all times.

It takes more than one weapon to unbalance a sandbox, a CE Pistol isn’t going to break the sandbox if the rest of the sandbox is up to par.

It’d be cool for it to either return as an easter egg or the core weapon (prefer BR, but magnum returning would literally be insane and super cool, I’d have no complaints personally). It shouldn’t return like how it did in Halo 5 because that just clutters the sandbox and shows that people are so unsatisfied with the weapons that you have to service them with a past weapon or that you’re being irresponsible with the sandbox. Infinite should be self-sufficient enough to not require dependence from past weapons and should have a well-thought out sandbox.

It returning as the core weapon would be cool, but at the same time, it returning as the core weapon might be criticized by critics as fan service or nostalgia bait, so I don’t know if that’s the best move for them. If they can tune it and make it stand on it’s own to the point where it’s meaningful enough then I don’t think there would be any problem and it wouldn’t necessarily be nostalgia bait.

However, if they change the weapon too much then is it even the CE pistol at that point? If it’s a different weapon under the hood, no matter how tuned it is, and it has the CE pistol skin then I guarantee critics would call it nostalgia baiting. And when I mention the critics I’m not talking about myself, nostalgia bait or not I’d be going all in, but there are some who are able to critique things more objectively than me, which is what I’m pointing out.

On a different note, if the toys mean anything, then it looks like a H2 inspired BR is returning. So if that’s the core weapon, then the CE pistol should only return as an easter egg at maximum. Overall I think an easter egg is the most likely route if any.

I would love to see the return of the original Magnum! But would also like to make sure its not unbalanced and actually serves its purpose in the game.

> 2533274903476730;5:
> I would love to see the return of the original Magnum! But would also like to make sure its not unbalanced and actually serves its purpose in the game.

I know right. This weapon was so overpowered that if it had been accessible on every mission of the first game you could beat the game based off of this one weapon alone. Even on Legendary difficulty on Halo CE (which is very fair ands balanced actually) the magnum could pretty much be used in every scenario. It was pretty much amazing to use. On multiplayer is THE weapon of choice and a great utility weapon.

If the Halo CE magnum did make a cameo in Halo Infinite it would need to be scaled back so wasn’t OP. However, personally I would maintain the rate of fire and the ammo count in one clip. That is what sold me on the first magnum.

Halo 2’s magnum by comparison was atrocious. It got nerfed to the point where nerf guns were more OP than the Halo 2 magnum. It didn’t help that the Halo 2 dual wielding mechanic did nothing to strengthen the effectiveness of Halo 2’s magnum. Outside of CE the only other two magnums that are my favorite are the Reach and Halo 3 magnum. These two weapons pay homage to the look of the CE magnum while being able to stand on their own.

Definitely would love to see it as a campaign easter egg and forge weapon, but for MP it was just too unbalanced and OP. Maybe even just the classic gun ported as the easter egg would be cool too. Would also love to see secret doors or paths that took you to maybe classic CE maps that look just like the original.

Appearance wise I’d love to see it return but the original CE M6D Magnum is such a sandbox powerhouse that I don’t think any video game could get away with the inclusion of a similar common pickup weapon today. Still if they can find a way to make it work then by all means…

Definitely should return as a power weapon in multiplayer. It shouldn’t be hitscan like the H5 CE pistol though it should be as close as possible to the original gun.

I can imagine it appearing during a cutscene. Chief has just lost a battle and is floating through space. As he drifts towards a derelict UNSC frigate a large pistol comes within reach and chief grabs it. A voice echos in his head “I don’t keep it loaded… You’ll have to find ammo as you go”. When chief drifts closer to t ship the mission begins and you have an empty CE magnum and nothing else.

Halo reach mlg had the pistol as a pick-up for a bit once no bloom came out, without bloom it killed faster than the DMR. Not every pick-up is a power weapon, but it was valuable. I could see the CE magnum being the same thing.

Don’t think it would happen but the pre-release H2 BR has been my favourite conceptually. Basically a slightly higher rate of fire single shot BR, like if the H2 BR and the Reach DMR fused. Anyway yea in multiplayer if the CE magnum was projectile 3 shot pick-up i could see that being fun, same with campaign, when a situation has many enemies a magnum pick-up would be great fun.

We had the CE magnum in Halo 5 which was a blast to use, though it may be better for the projectile version from CE to return if the weapons is used in ranked or competition. It could go either way I suppose, but the game needs to be balanced around it.

Nah I like the H5 magnum much more, i hope that one returns. Maybe being back the bulkier look though.

A little off topic and I’m probably in the minority here but I think the DMR should be the spiritual successor to the CE Magnum. In terms of shots to kill, I think the DMR should be a 3 shot kill. This can be balanced with low rate of fire and increased hipshot inaccuracy. It’s actually silly for the Halo 5 DMR to require the same amount (or more) shots to kill than other weapons considering it should have the 2nd most stopping power, losing only to the Sniper Rifle. Sure though, the CE Magnum can return as a mythic weapon or something, but the DMR should take its place as a standard issue 3 shot kill weapon.

I think it should appear as a reward for completing certain achievement. Maybe a reward for the exploration part about which Frank O’Connor tweeted an year ago during the holiday season.

> 2533274866906624;11:
> We had the CE magnum in Halo 5 which was a blast to use, though it may be better for the projectile version from CE to return if the weapons is used in ranked or competition. It could go either way I suppose, but the game needs to be balanced around it.

There you go. The projectile version of the CE magnum would be an awesome way to be reintroduced in Infinite. For those who say that it would need to be balanced so it wouldn’t be OP with the rest of the sandbox I completely agree.

However, the weapon quality in the rest of the sandbox in terms of accuracy, amount count, rounds, scope ranges, etc., could and should be altered IMO in order to be brought to an OP weapon generally speaking.

I had experience with Halo 5’s magnum. There is quite the learning curve for me in regards to understanding that game’s magnum. Nevertheless, I was motivated to come back and use it to the best of my ability unlike some previous versions of Halo magnums.

Question: How much should aim assist factor into Halo games moving forward? If we haven’t had control already should we as Halo players have control over the amount of aim assist each weapon in the sandbox uses? (Also, I am talking specifically about Human weapons (not Covenant or Promethean weapons)

Hope it would only be back as a special weapon variant for social matchmaking. Not as a normal weapon. It was over powered and made every game of multi a big Pistol party. I prefer some variations in play.

Also, if you don’t want it to be OP you need to nerf if to make it fit the rest of the sandbox better. Then it’s not the CE Pistol anymore and people will complain. So either way bringing it back won’t be a good plan I think.

making it a four shot kill weapon ( because of the better energy shields) would work. it would make it into an alternative to the br that is slightly more precise, but less forgiving. the slightly slower firen ratte would give the magnum a medium range disadvantage , but full auto would give a short range advantage. the dmr would outclass the magnum at longer ranges. the dmr should be a 4 shot kill weapon with a small reticule and basicly no bullet magnetism. a dmr carbine ( basicly the halo reach dmr) could be a more forgiving but less deadly br that would be similar to the covenant carbine, but with slower projectiles and bloom, but more damage.

The Halo CE Magnum MUST HAVE to RETURN.
I don’t care how or where, but it should be back, especially in multiplayer. This weapon is a Masterpiece. I miss those glory days of 3sk in Halo CE.

> 2533274819446242;3:
> Sure, I’d even be fine with it being the primary spawn weapon provided it actually worked similarly to the OG XBox CE Pistol and not the awful H5 version.
>
> The CE Pistol isn’t unbalanced unless you are a Hunter and that is only due to a bug. The CE Pistol is actually less powerful relative to the rest of the sandbox than most other precision weapons that come after it. A good player may actually drop their CE Pistol depending on the situation, there is basically never a good reason not to have you BR(or DMR or H5 Magnum) with you at all times.
>
> It takes more than one weapon to unbalance a sandbox, a CE Pistol isn’t going to break the sandbox if the rest of the sandbox is up to par.

Disagree the CE optimal was a 3 headshot .5 s Ttk out to a 5 shot body at + 1.7 s
.5 is cod levels of insanity for context the H3 br optimal was 1.35s and the h5 magnum optimal was 1.2 s
If the CE magnum was introduced why would I use anything else if I can secure a .5 - 1.7 Ttk

Can someone delete this comment? I misunderstood a comment and quoted it by mistake. I don’t know how to delete comments.