Halo ce betrayal kick suggestion

In Halo CE, is it possible to up the betrayal kick from 3 kills to 4?

And before someone tells me it’s easy not to get betrayals in Halo 1, you’ve obviously never drove a vehicle in that game.

3 betrayals is just too low. Halo 1 is so unforgiving with its vehicle physics and players either spawn in at the wrong time, jump in your blasted way or just get unlucky with where they were standing. Even the slightest tap will prove Bungie’s terrible physics engine to be the absolute epitome of disaster.

I might sound a bit crossed, but I’m more concerned that the 3 betrayal system isn’t great for this game. I also know that upping it could potentially cause problems with betraying even more, but I have no data for this.

I don’t think 3 is too low. I have seen enough griefing/trolling where people betray people on purpose a few times then stop just because the limit. Anyway as for friendly damage I wish they would just turn it off in Halo 1 since team killing is usually more common on there. I have even seen people jump out of the ghost at the last second to get ‘easy’ team-kills with no punishments.

I have actually wished this but for selfish reasons, namely being extremely careless in 4v4 and getting booted ha… As a whole though with the greater picture involved I think it would be too easy to abuse that if a griefer wanted to. In a perfect world there would be no griefers but in btb it seems like it’s just inevitable if you play long enough.

> 2533274829873463;2:
> I don’t think 3 is too low. I have seen enough griefing/trolling where people betray people on purpose a few times then stop just because the limit. Anyway as for friendly damage I wish they would just turn it off in Halo 1 since team killing is usually more common on there. I have even seen people jump out of the ghost at the last second to get ‘easy’ team-kills with no punishments.

Only problem though is in CTF or OB games the griefers/trolls will not cap the flag and just hold on to and you can’t team kill them to capture the flag.

> 2710872097142413;4:
> > 2533274829873463;2:
> > I don’t think 3 is too low. I have seen enough griefing/trolling where people betray people on purpose a few times then stop just because the limit. Anyway as for friendly damage I wish they would just turn it off in Halo 1 since team killing is usually more common on there. I have even seen people jump out of the ghost at the last second to get ‘easy’ team-kills with no punishments.
>
> Only problem though is in CTF or OB games the griefers/trolls will not cap the flag and just hold on to and you can’t team kill them to capture the flag.

Yeh I get that part but that’s the problem with Halo 1 in general it’s always been difficult to have a proper objective based match. I still remember when team killing was allowed in Halo 1 and the match’s were just a mess back then and I’d go as far as saying unplayable.

If you play CE, you are aware of the vehicle behavior. You, the driver have to be aware of your teammates and where they might be spawning. That’s just part of the game.

I never teamkill and playing CE yesterday I accidentally crushed a guys (2) guest, my bad bro! A few games later I managed to roll a teammate under my ghost. Oops!

After that I was far more careful. I think if you’re repeatedly doing it you need to actively try to not do it.

I think if you fratricide two teammates you are aware to adapt and change your habits. So let’s break down the vehicular homicide going on, we take:

• Vehicle Physics - Human Behavior - 3 Betrayal boot systemWe will give these the variables A,B,C respectively. A + B = C(boot)

We can’t change A, as it’s coded in the game and has been for twenty years. We can’t change B…(well from a gamers screen end ‘KISS’) and C will always end in a boot. If we can’t change A or B and do not want C, the only thing we can change is our self. If you have killed two teammates already in a vehicle, and you are aware this has happened. Remove yourself from the equation. Currently within the equation we are in A “Vehicle Physics”, if you remove your spartan from the vehicle there will no longer be any vehicular homicide caused either intentionally by yourself or accidentally due to B of the other players. Therefore C will be unlikely to happen, but there are other variables involved, such as if you’re not familiar with the blast radius of the rocket projectile of a Rocket Launcher, or a not so well tossed fragmentation hand grenade. Which will still allow A + B = C, cause three strikes and you’re out.

It’s unfortunate but there are a lot of people that like to betray on purpose, such as if two players go for a weapon A and B. Say B picks up the weapon that A wanted so A will kill B for the weapon. Then say A and B start a new match game and A and B are on the same team again, B now remembers what A did so B kills A just to mess with A from doing well. Some people just like to mess with others in general and if there were no consequences it would just continue.

You could always just change this in the match settings if you want to do customs, which I hear that CE will be getting added to the Custom Game Browser. Maybe this will be the better alternative.

The only thing that can be done is to report players if it’s intentional. Accidents happen of course but it’s usually pretty obvious when people grief. I get so angry when I pick up a sniper and get betrayed. It’s so childish.

Most trolls that I have encountered usually stop when you don’t give them the light of day or attention that they want.

> 2533274829873463;5:
> > 2710872097142413;4:
> > > 2533274829873463;2:
> > > I don’t think 3 is too low. I have seen enough griefing/trolling where people betray people on purpose a few times then stop just because the limit. Anyway as for friendly damage I wish they would just turn it off in Halo 1 since team killing is usually more common on there. I have even seen people jump out of the ghost at the last second to get ‘easy’ team-kills with no punishments.
> >
> > Only problem though is in CTF or OB games the griefers/trolls will not cap the flag and just hold on to and you can’t team kill them to capture the flag.
>
> Yeh I get that part but that’s the problem with Halo 1 in general it’s always been difficult to have a proper objective based match. I still remember when team killing was allowed in Halo 1 and the match’s were just a mess back then and I’d go as far as saying unplayable.

If you’ve ever played a full team vs another full team in CE it literally is the greatest objective type in Halo .