Halo CE Anniversary

Who thinks that Microsoft should have released CEA with the full compliment of maps and remastered CE multiplayer instead of Reach? In my opinion, CE multiplayer is plenty more fun than Reach, and I would buy 16-year-old Halo: Combat Evolved over CEA if it wasn’t $50 more.

What are your opinions?

I honestly feel that there is no point. We have the MCC. So in a way they have released two versions of Halo ce Anniversary. I would rather they release a Halo 3 Anniversary, then focus on Halo 6.

Eh, I’m all set. I actually didn’t like the way Halo CE: Anniversary looked aside from the natural terrain. Halo 2: Anniversary however I thought had fantastic visuals all across the board, and would have loved an actual anniversary rendition of the classic multiplayer.

They did look into the original CE multiplayer, but as CE did not originally support online multiplayer they didn’t have the time to make a proper multiplayer for the anniversary game. It was quicker and easier for them to use Reach
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6546/making_halo_anniversary_work.php

> You probably know Halo Anniversary’s multiplayer mode uses the Reach engine. It was definitely a tough and a controversial decision – internally, even – because we knew that a lot of people were going to be really into the original gameplay.
>
> In Halo’s day, there was never a proper networking mode. It was System Link only. It was effectively kind of an offshoot. We couldn’t roll back the technology; it just wouldn’t have worked with things like latency and all other modern Xbox Live-related problems. So we would have had to build it from scratch, and it still wouldn’t have been the experience you remember.

> 2533274813317074;4:
> They did look into the original CE multiplayer, but as CE did not originally support online multiplayer they didn’t have the time to make a proper multiplayer for the anniversary game. It was quicker and easier for them to use Reach
> http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6546/making_halo_anniversary_work.php
>
> > You probably know Halo Anniversary’s multiplayer mode uses the Reach engine. It was definitely a tough and a controversial decision – internally, even – because we knew that a lot of people were going to be really into the original gameplay.
> >
> > In Halo’s day, there was never a proper networking mode. It was System Link only. It was effectively kind of an offshoot. We couldn’t roll back the technology; it just wouldn’t have worked with things like latency and all other modern Xbox Live-related problems. So we would have had to build it from scratch, and it still wouldn’t have been the experience you remember.

I was going to same thing. Not to mention I don’t think it would have sold as well seeing as everyone is all about armor abilities and speed now days. Halo CE was fairly slow paced unless you knew what you were doing. Something many new age gamers wouldn’t enjoy, at least in my opinion.

Does MCC have a CE multiplayer option?

> 2535451171228485;6:
> Does MCC have a CE multiplayer option?

Yes, the MCC includes CE multiplayer, though it’s a port of the PC version, not the original Xbox version.

Halo CE Anniversary should have had a remaster of the original multiplayer. It would have been cool, but it didn’t happen.

> 2535451171228485;6:
> Does MCC have a CE multiplayer option?

As others have mentioned, yes. It has the PC maps and the PC configurations for the maps that were on both console and PC. It is in 1080p and plays at 60 FPS, even on splitscreen, making remastering multiplayer rather pointless at this point.