HALO CE Anniversary **INPUT LAG ISSUE + ZOOM KEY**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-snO6YXF4o

^ Watch the video. First part is Halo CE Anniversary - MCC PC. Second clip is from Halo CE on PC (Released in 2003 on PC).

https://youtu.be/hKxjSJHlG3g

^ Another video showing the delay when you fire your shots.

Input Lag Issue:
I know you have to lead your shots a bit on Halo CE: Anniversary but it seems like there’s still some input lag. Please don’t allow a 20+ year old game to have better input or registration than it’s remake - That’s just absurd! You have the blue print from Bungie; you can’t possibly fk this up. Input lag shouldn’t be an issue like this on PC. Please don’t ruin Halo 1 for us 343 and update the game before it’s released to the public.

Zoom Key Issue:
Why do you need a separate key for the second zoom on your sniper? In the original Halo CE/PC you can simply click “Z” twice to zoom again on the sniper or press “Z” once for the first zoom on any projectile type weapon (Pistol, Rocket Launcher, Sniper). Why force your players to use a different key for the extra zoom?

wish you made a less whiney post because your criticisms are valid.

I agree input lag is a problem and the zoom key is unnatural.

> 2533274804762562;2:
> wish you made a less whiney post because your criticisms are valid.
>
> I agree input lag is a problem and the zoom key is unnatural.

Okay that video wasn’t the one he should have used, as that was meant for friends… He should have used this one: Button-to-Pixel Delay | CE vs MCC - YouTube

I felt like sniping was a bit off but I just assumed it was spotty hit reg. I mean I’m sure everything is delayed but there’s all kinds of bullet magnetism and projectile shenanigans going on with other weapons that it’s harder to notice.

Really hoping 343i addresses these issues and doesn’t completely ignore them like they did with Halo Reach.

The most obvious evidence that there is input delay is trying to crouch land in this beta. I have played Halo PC (Custom Edition) for 15+ years and I have missed my crouch land more times in the beta than all of 15 years.

It requires precise timing and if you’re off you will lose your shields and die depending on your health.

The input delay was in H5 Forge, Reach PC and now Halo CEA. 343, why is this a recurring issue with all of your games?

shouldnt this be in the insider thread?

Good documentation of the issue. I really hope it gets fixed.

In the future please make sure to use the Halo Support site to report bugs as well as the Known Issues List to know what bugs 343 is aware of and is currently working on.