Halo CE Anniversary Editions

I was wondering if anyone knew if Combat Evolved Anniversary came in different editions such as limited or legendary.

I certainly hope not.

> I was wondering if anyone knew if Combat Evolved Anniversary came in different editions such as limited or legendary.

Frankie said it was $40 and that was it. So I doubt theres anything special for it.

I think they’ll pull an odst on us and have a special Halo CEA bundled controller package. If it’s going to happen it will be revealed at Halofest.

> I think they’ll pull an odst on us and have a special Halo CEA bundled controller package. If it’s going to happen it will be revealed at Halofest.

Something like that would be awesome. I loved the ODST Special Edition, and I love special edition controllers.

Because it is the 10th Anniversary. I am really hoping they offer a really nice packaged collectors edition. For this occasion I would be willing to spend alot to have a limited edition.

Oh absolutely, Combat Evolved is the game that started the whole Halo phenomenon, and arguably it saved the xbox as well. It deserves no less

> and arguably it saved the xbox as well. It deserves no less

It deserves it’s recognition, but as the game that launched Xbox, it was the release title in November 2001, not a saviour.

Hope so. Halo 4 Legendary Edition should have a working Master Chief UNSC-certified Jet Pack.

> I certainly hope not.

I don’t believe it would be fiscally smart for an expensive legendary edition on a $40 dollar game. Reach and H3 both had a lot larger launch and their legendary sets could be found months afterwards at bargain prices. I would think a $40 title’s legendary edition would be clearanced even faster. Heck reach legendary edition can be found at my local best buy for $50 right now.

A controller pack in comes with a piece of equipment that every gamer probably finds them self replacing at some point. This makes it easier to sell through when the luster of game is gone and people aren’t looking for a $90 collector piece of Halo(helmet/statue/etc.).

I hope not, I just pre-ordered it.

> > and arguably it saved the xbox as well. It deserves no less
>
> It deserves it’s recognition, but as the game that launched Xbox, it was the release title in November 2001, not a saviour.

In a sense, it was a savior. The xbox was looked down by most of the community at first, it seemed no one liked the idea of it, but Halo not only ensured the success of xbox, it allowed the xbox to thrive long enough to make other titles to compete against sony and nintendo. Plus it defined how a console shooter should play, leading to other successful console shooters like CoD. If it wasnt for Halo, the xbox would’ve likely died out early like the dreamcast.

> I don’t believe it would be fiscally smart for an expensive legendary edition on a $40 dollar game. Reach and H3 both had a lot larger launch and their legendary sets could be found months afterwards at bargain prices. I would think a $40 title’s legendary edition would be clearanced even faster. Heck reach legendary edition can be found at my local best buy for $50 right now.
>
>
> A controller pack in comes with a piece of equipment that every gamer probably finds them self replacing at some point. This makes it easier to sell through when the luster of game is gone and people aren’t looking for a $90 collector piece of Halo(helmet/statue/etc.).

For a super expensive Legendary edition perhaps. But a limited edition for a standard title price would be nice.
And if they do add a controller, I would like the original XBox controller (post-duke version) or a controller that uses the Halo CEA title plate for the skin

lol@ RE:HaloCE:CE

I would buy it!

> I hope not, I just pre-ordered it.

someone once told me you can upgrade a pre order at no extra cost.

> I certainly hope not.

There has to be at least one form of collector’s edition. They had one for ODST, even though it was just a controller.

I mean, think about it. It’s the anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved; the game that started it all. Now tell me that they won’t have any sort of collector’s edition for that.

I would be forced to get Legendary. It is, after all, according to tradition.

the only thing im looking fowerd to in cea is the legendary edition, if not , why buy a game i allready own. im just kidding i’ll still prob’ly buy it but halo 1 could really use a legendary edition