Halo: CE Anniversary could be 'the' best Halo game of all time

Prepares for the firebombs

As the title states, I do think it could well get that recognition amongst critics when the game releases November 15th. Combat Evolved is what started it all, and with 343 Industries allowing us to switch between classic and the rather lush visuals of today variants, is something that I personally cannot wait to experience. I know Dan Ayoub keeps on saying to bring that ‘first time’ playing Halo experience back, but I think they have nailed that part.

I have a friend who ‘he’ thinks Halo: CEA is a rip off… His opinion, but I disagree. He mainly thinks it is a rip off because of the multiplayer using the Reach engine, but without the Reach engine (in my opinion) would make the game feel outdated, and the new gamers that joined the Halo universe wouldn’t connect well with the multiplayer offerings of Halo: CEA.

I think Halo: CEA has the potential to top what he have seen, sure it is a ‘remake’ of Combat Evolved, but it has ‘new’ written across the game. Terminals for all players to gain information, the classic & new visuals variants by the press of the back button, aid from Marines/ODST in Firefight, classic & Reach variants for multiplayer, then we have potential DLC for the game.

Personally my favourite Halo game is Halo 2. Scarab battle, dual weapons, experiencing Brutes for the first time, the list goes on, and on. I still stand by my thoughts that Halo: CEA could well be ‘the’ best Halo game of all time, because this is giving players what kick started Halo into a fantastic franchise to grace the videogame industry.

I hope I haven’t ranted on there, but yes, I thought I would share that. What are your views? Are they same or are they not? Will be interesting to read your views!

EDIT: Just realised I posted this in the Halo campaign discussion board, my apologies! I would gladly appreciate if any mod would move this to the General Discussion board instead please. :slight_smile:

Perhaps, but by the time each new Halo game in the Reclaimer Trilogy comes out, it will be labelled the best Halo game of all time.

I’m almost inclined to agree with your friend. My first thought upon seeing anniversary was “Great, now I can purchase this game a fourth time…” and my disappointment grew even more upon hearing that it doesn’t even come with the original multiplayer. What made everything all right is that it’s only $40 new.

Halo 1 with brand new terminals that tell more of a back story and hint at future events in Halo 4, updated with HD graphics and brand new revamped environments, remastered audio across the board, 2 players ONLINE co-op and the same gameplay as Halo 1? Yup, it’s going to own.

November 15th isn’t coming fast enough! I can’t wait for CEA to come out! I think my favorite part will be the remastered campaign. The original multiplayer wasn’t that much of a bummer for me… and forging on the ‘new’ maps will be awesome! Halo is in good hands… can’t wait to see what 343 comes up with for Halo 4, and the rest of the Reclaimer Trilogy.

The best Halo game of all time would definitely have theatre mode.

Just saying.

> I’m almost inclined to agree with your friend. My first thought upon seeing anniversary was “Great, now I can purchase this game a fourth time…” and my disappointment grew even more upon hearing that it doesn’t even come with the original multiplayer. What made everything all right is that it’s only $40 new.

The price in the UK is varying from £30 to £35. I have got my pre-order under £30, and it is a day one purchase for me. I do see where you are coming from, but with the game having online multiplayer, which the original didn’t have, gives it more of a edge in that perspective. Great moments playing 4 player split-screen on the original, better than the Goldeneye days on the N64, it was that good.

Like MiXMaker1 said:-

> Halo 1 with brand new terminals that tell more of a back story and hint at future events in Halo 4, updated with HD graphics and brand new revamped environments, remastered audio across the board, 2 players ONLINE co-op and the same gameplay as Halo 1? Yup, it’s going to own.

The game will definitely bring the old game some new life. Isn’t the online co-op 4 player? :stuck_out_tongue: I hope so, after finishing Halo 3 Legendary again tonight with my friends. It was so much fun even if the Cortana mission was a pain in the backside, but it was brilliant.

> > I’m almost inclined to agree with your friend. My first thought upon seeing anniversary was “Great, now I can purchase this game a fourth time…” and my disappointment grew even more upon hearing that it doesn’t even come with the original multiplayer. What made everything all right is that it’s only $40 new.
>
> The price in the UK is varying from £30 to £35. I have got my pre-order under £30, and it is a day one purchase for me. I do see where you are coming from, but with the game having online multiplayer, which the original didn’t have, gives it more of a edge in that perspective. Great moments playing 4 player split-screen on the original, better than the Goldeneye days on the N64, it was that good.
>
> Like MiXMaker1 said:-
>
>
>
> > Halo 1 with brand new terminals that tell more of a back story and hint at future events in Halo 4, updated with HD graphics and brand new revamped environments, remastered audio across the board, 2 players ONLINE co-op and the same gameplay as Halo 1? Yup, it’s going to own.
>
> The game will definitely bring the old game some new life. Isn’t the online co-op 4 player? :stuck_out_tongue: I hope so, after finishing Halo 3 Legendary again tonight with my friends. It was so much fun even if the Cortana mission was a pain in the backside, but it was brilliant.

No, sorry. Confirmed that it’s 2 player Co-op only :frowning:

I’m sorry, but I believe that it’s 2 player co-op only, even over x-box live. This is because it’s technically runnimg the same game, meaning it has the same limitations. I’m just as disapointed as you, but at least it’s there… Oh, and thanks Team saber for the great new look! Still can’t beat it on legendary though…

i have actually NEVER played halo ce or halo 2 but i have heard NOTHING but good things about them. i have played every other halo game and was just about to get ce when i heard about cea. so far im so happy right now i want to get in a time machine and go to nov. 15. WOO HOO

> > > I’m almost inclined to agree with your friend. My first thought upon seeing anniversary was “Great, now I can purchase this game a fourth time…” and my disappointment grew even more upon hearing that it doesn’t even come with the original multiplayer. What made everything all right is that it’s only $40 new.
> >
> > The price in the UK is varying from £30 to £35. I have got my pre-order under £30, and it is a day one purchase for me. I do see where you are coming from, but with the game having online multiplayer, which the original didn’t have, gives it more of a edge in that perspective. Great moments playing 4 player split-screen on the original, better than the Goldeneye days on the N64, it was that good.
> >
> > Like MiXMaker1 said:-
> >
> >
> >
> > > Halo 1 with brand new terminals that tell more of a back story and hint at future events in Halo 4, updated with HD graphics and brand new revamped environments, remastered audio across the board, 2 players ONLINE co-op and the same gameplay as Halo 1? Yup, it’s going to own.
> >
> > The game will definitely bring the old game some new life. Isn’t the online co-op 4 player? :stuck_out_tongue: I hope so, after finishing Halo 3 Legendary again tonight with my friends. It was so much fun even if the Cortana mission was a pain in the backside, but it was brilliant.
>
> No, sorry. Confirmed the it’s 2 player Co-op only :frowning:

Ah bugger, what a sore Nun’s…

2 player co-op is still good for me! Here is hoping the Firefight with AI Marines will be 4 player co-op.

> i have actually NEVER played halo ce or halo 2 but i have heard NOTHING but good things about them. i have played every other halo game and was just about to get ce when i heard about cea. so far im so happy right now i want to get in a time machine and go to nov. 15. WOO HOO

Halo CE & Halo 2 are amazing. Of course wait for the CEA, unless you are unpatient, go get the Games On Demand of Halo CE! If you see Halo 2 banging around cheap, I urge you pick it up!

@firedune22 - Only just thought of the original game code. Bugger, amazing how excitement can take over you and make you think other new ‘potential’ added bonuses will enter the game.

P.S - Sorry for the double post.