Halo: CE: A Wallpaper... With more color

It may not be the correct shade of green, but I think it looks pretty good. And I based the colored areas off the original Chief model.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6107/haloceawpcolorcopy.jpg

EDIT: Also, I did this because I was bored at work. :wink:

Touche

That’s really good.

Thanks! btw, How do you Hyperlink?

> http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=137268086347930&set=a.137268083014597.33385.100001942188700&type=1&theater
>
> Touche

fixed but can’t see it

> > http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=137268086347930&set=a.137268083014597.33385.100001942188700&type=1&theater
> >
> > Touche
>
> fixed but can’t see it

Me neither. But then again, I’ve got no desire to join BaseFook.

Anyway, the OP’s pic is really good. If you’ve got the time and patience, how about coloring the rest as well? Master Chief really stands out being the only thing that’s not grey-scale. =)

I’ll try and upload it to something like photobucket. I basicly did what you suggested, colouring the entire thing in.

I never liked the image myself but you did a nice coloring job. The problem I have with the image is that the halo ring is off at slant, this means every that we perceive as being level is not , it’s on a very steep slope including the warthog and such.

That’s how the cover should look like. I have no idea why his armor is black.

freaky! mind=BLOWN!
oh, here it is for those who couldn’t see it before:
here

woah, now THAT’s a cover. great job.

P.S i remember Halo being a bit… bigger.

> That’s how the cover should look like. I have no idea why his armor is black.

It’s not…its just a black and white filter with his visor being the only thing colored in. OT: really awesome job OP!!!

> freaky! mind=BLOWN!
> oh, here it is for those who couldn’t see it before:
> here

Wow! Not THAT is awesome work! Kinda reminds me a bit of Andy Warhol with the salmon/pink planet and the blue sky contrasting it, but that’s not to be understood at criticism.

Thank you very much, storminator. I got a new desktop wallpaper! =)

I like it with color better.

> freaky! mind=BLOWN!
> oh, here it is for those who couldn’t see it before:
> here

That looks good. Though the color is a little to saturated. I see one thing on yours that I will put on mine. That is the back piece. I wasn’t sure how to color the lower part. And seeing as how you saw fit to hijack my thread, I guess I am forced to completely color mind now too. I will check back in later with a fully colored version.

Nice work! I like the Chief with some added color. :slight_smile:

> That looks good. Though the color is a little to saturated. I see one thing on yours that I will put on mine. That is the back piece. I wasn’t sure how to color the lower part. And seeing as how you saw fit to hijack my thread, I guess I am forced to completely color mind now too. I will check back in later with a fully colored version.

Yeah, sorry about that :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for the tips on mine, to be honest I like yours because it looks a lot ‘cleaner’, as in the edges are nice and smooth.

Wow…it actually makes the cover look great!

Nice looks awesome so far, if the original grey scale version of that ends up being the final box art i hope they color it in.

anyway do you have a tutorial on how to do that? or know one?

Don’t know who you’re asking, so I’ll not bother this thread any longer. For mine I used Paint.net, I basically used the paintbrush tool, coloured in different parts of the image on seperate layers, then set the layers to ‘overlay’ to give them transparency.