Halo CE 20th Anniversary, anyone?

Halo CE’s 20th anniversary is roughly 5 years away, but you guys think 343i will redo CE again at some point with current technology? CEA was basically the same Halo code with new texture wraps and audio. While it was pretty and sounded great, the gameplay and physics system felt dated. I want them to redo it from the ground up with a modern engine. I’d pay $60 easy for that. I would have been happy with CE if 343i at least gave the Master Chief the ability to sprint and assassinate. Wishful thinking I guess, but to many, CE is the best game in the series, myself included. I still find myself popping in CEA from time to time. I just want it to be the best it can be; and for future generations to enjoy too.

-Yoink- no

> 2533274932437469;2:
> -Yoink- no

Lol I don’t think it would be the worst thing that could happen in the history of gaming. Besides, game remakes happen a lot, sometimes many times within a decade. Look at the Japanese market. Resident evil in particular. First, there was RE Directors Cut on ps1, then REmake for GameCube and most recently REmake HD for modern consoles. Fans will eat that s-Yoink-t up every time…I’m guilty of that myself. I’m sure it will be no different for halo fans.

There has to be a point where remakes stop though before it becomes ridiculous (which is a stage it’s pretty much getting to). I love CE myself, but there are so many more areas of Halo that could be explored and have 343’s resources put towards, instead of making the same games over an over. Do we make a 20th anniversary for Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, 4, 5? Where do we have time to experience something new? :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;4:
> There has to be a point where remakes stop though before it becomes ridiculous (which is a stage it’s pretty much getting to). I love CE myself, but there are so many more areas of Halo that could be explored and have 343’s resources put towards, instead of making the same games over an over. Do we make a 20th anniversary for Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, 4, 5? Where do we have time to experience something new? :slight_smile:

If 343i decides to do them, sure. At least fillers between games and console generations. I’d buy them. You know you will too!

> 2533274867519109;5:
> > 2533274813317074;4:
> > There has to be a point where remakes stop though before it becomes ridiculous (which is a stage it’s pretty much getting to). I love CE myself, but there are so many more areas of Halo that could be explored and have 343’s resources put towards, instead of making the same games over an over. Do we make a 20th anniversary for Halo 2, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, 4, 5? Where do we have time to experience something new? :slight_smile:
>
>
> If 343i decides to do them, sure. At least fillers between games and console generations. I’d buy them. You know you will too!

I wont. I have already played the same game for over a decade and would like new games to play, preferably within the Halo Universe. Halo is huge and have many stories to tell, I have already played the Halo trilogy over and over and would like to do some more in-universe exploring through a game.

Maybe a 30th anniversary, when we get into 4k gaming and everything pretty much looks like real life. :slight_smile: Cause I don’t think it’ll look THAT different 5 years from now compared to the Anniversary we already have.

> 2533274793616507;7:
> Maybe a 30th anniversary, when we get into 4k gaming and everything pretty much looks like real life. :slight_smile: Cause I don’t think it’ll look THAT different 5 years from now compared to the Anniversary we already have.

Indeed sir

> 2533274793616507;7:
> Maybe a 30th anniversary, when we get into 4k gaming and everything pretty much looks like real life. :slight_smile: Cause I don’t think it’ll look THAT different 5 years from now compared to the Anniversary we already have.

Yes! Maybe by then, Halo will go multi-platform we’ll be able to play it on our 10’x3’ iphone 26+!

i dont think so

Unless they do a full remake of the game, as in remaking everything from the ground up and making it 10x bigger while adding things from later games, than no.

> 2533274867519109;9:
> > 2533274793616507;7:
> > Maybe a 30th anniversary, when we get into 4k gaming and everything pretty much looks like real life. :slight_smile: Cause I don’t think it’ll look THAT different 5 years from now compared to the Anniversary we already have.
>
>
> Yes! Maybe by then, Halo will go multi-platform we’ll be able to play it on our 10’x3’ iphone 26+!

How old are you?

1. I’m young at heart. It was a satire on Apple’s iPhones steadily increasing dimensions in case you missed the point.

> 2533274867519109;13:
> 29. I’m young at heart. It was a satire on Apple’s iPhones steadily increasing dimensions in case you missed the point.

I didn’t

> 2533274867519109;1:
> Halo CE’s 20th anniversary is roughly 5 years away, but you guys think 343i will redo CE again at some point with current technology? CEA was basically the same Halo code with new texture wraps and audio. While it was pretty and sounded great, the gameplay and physics system felt dated. I want them to redo it from the ground up with a modern engine. I’d pay $60 easy for that. I would have been happy with CE if 343i at least gave the Master Chief the ability to sprint and assassinate. Wishful thinking I guess, but to many, CE is the best game in the series, myself included. I still find myself popping in CEA from time to time. I just want it to be the best it can be; and for future generations to enjoy too.

And it begins…

I believe they need to do something new besides remakes. Look at movies. I’ll use Texas Chainsaw Massacre as an example.

-Released in 1973
-Sequel released more than a decade afterwards in 1986
-Special Edition for 20th Anniversary in 1993
-Remake for 30th Anniversary in 2003
-40th Anniversary Collectors Edition Released in 2013-14

See what they did? They mixed it up with re-releases, remasters, and remakes. All 343 did with CEA was remaster the graphics. What you’re going for is a remake, with the modern engine and better physics, etc. What people probably want now is a collector’s edition. All CEA really was, for say, was CE with updated graphics and a new soundtrack. Even the MP was just DLC for Reach. If CE ever does make it to it’s 30th anniversary, it might get a revamp with modernized game engines, even more sophisticated then what we have now.

> 2535421014705222;16:
> I believe they need to do something new besides remakes. Look at movies. I’ll use Texas Chainsaw Massacre as an example.
>
> -Released in 1973
> -Sequel released more than a decade afterwards in 1986
> -Special Edition for 20th Anniversary in 1993
> -Remake for 30th Anniversary in 2003
> -40th Anniversary Collectors Edition Released in 2013-14
>
> See what they did? They mixed it up with re-releases, remasters, and remakes. All 343 did with CEA was remaster the graphics. What you’re going for is a remake, with the modern engine and better physics, etc. What people probably want now is a collector’s edition. All CEA really was, for say, was CE with updated graphics and a new soundtrack. Even the MP was just DLC for Reach. If CE ever does make it to it’s 30th anniversary, it might get a revamp with modernized game engines, even more sophisticated then what we have now.

Maybe what we need is a straight up reboot. When that bombs (like they always do), people will come running back to the original CE and worship it like they should.

> 2533274867519109;1:
> Halo CE’s 20th anniversary is roughly 5 years away, but you guys think 343i will redo CE again at some point with current technology? CEA was basically the same Halo code with new texture wraps and audio. While it was pretty and sounded great, the gameplay and physics system felt dated. I want them to redo it from the ground up with a modern engine. I’d pay $60 easy for that. I would have been happy with CE if 343i at least gave the Master Chief the ability to sprint and assassinate. Wishful thinking I guess, but to many, CE is the best game in the series, myself included. I still find myself popping in CEA from time to time. I just want it to be the best it can be; and for future generations to enjoy too.

no, i wish they would redo the graphics to modern standerds, do motion capture like they did in h2a, and then overhaul the original halo ce multiplayer, all maps, and gametypes, and put it all together into a great game, keeping the old engine. because if you dont kepp the old engine, you are takeing away what the game truely is, and makeing it not halo ce. anniversary editions are meant to modernize graphics, sound, and add some small extra stuff to the game, but essentialy keeping it the same game.
of coarse this is just what i want, oh and i also like the switching graphics and sound like they did in h2a.

i am an old pc gamer, they need to bring halo 3 to the pc, i personally do not like halo 4, and i have very very low expectations for halo 5.

Nah, 25th anniversary