Halo Canon: Unidentified Spartan-II

Hey, just wanted to ask what is up with this specific Spartan-II within the lore? It’s weird how every single Spartan-II has been either given a call-sign or a name, yet this one has of no official canon tag or name? Do you think there will ever be given a name, for the sake of clarification?

Really not sure. A good place to start is asking it in the canon questions thread at the top of the forum.

The story piece given in Halo Wars didn’t specify the name or number. The spartan might have been one of the known ones for all we know.

> 2533274824409174;3:
> The story piece given in Halo Wars didn’t specify the name or number. The spartan might have been one of the known ones for all we know.

It might not even be canon anymore.

It’s probably either Keiichi or Joseph, every other S-II who survived augmentations has been accounted for. Otherwise it’s one of the resuscitated S-IIs that I’ve speculated on many times before.

Well I can help with this a lot more. Seeing as I recorded the Halo Wars Launch site. Linky to my Halopedia record

But to rule out Keiichi-047 who died here is a basic order of events.

• The Spirit of Fire Arrives at Harvest on on February 4 2531. Where they set up shop in numerous locations. such at Alpha Base and Epsilon Base. Note it must be very early on in the day as the sun hasnt rose yet in the northern polar region. - There is a few UNSC operations before the sun rises involving Hornets from Alpha Base investigating an EM band near the relic.(leading to the Spirit of Fire getting more hints to the Relic on Harvest) - There is an assault on the Methane Refinery we see in the mission “Relic Approach” by this mystery Spartan who dies failing their mission. - Covies start to worry the Humans are getting closer to the relic. - The sun rises. - John Forge leaves Alpha Base and heads out to Epsilon Base to interrogate a Grunt. - Presumably to throw off the Human interest around the Relic site the Covies start to advance in numerous locations committing forces without logistical support. - The event above causes Keiichi-047 and Cyclops to battle Covies in the map “Chasms”. - Alpha Base is finally taken out by the Covies just when John Forge is returning. - Alpha Base’s site is finally taken back. - The sunny period is now over. - Alpha Base is finally rebuild again and the UNSC finally head over to the relic.

So with all that in mind Keiichi didn’t die on Harvest. And that Mystery Spartan is unknown to us.

> 2533274907200114;4:
> It might not even be canon anymore.

I would bet on this, honestly. Seems to read as a loose-and-fast insert of comic relief, namely that the Grunts played with their helmet. (Referecing a line uttered by Grunts+IWHBYD in Halo 3.)

> 2533274804813082;7:
> > 2533274907200114;4:
> > It might not even be canon anymore.
>
> I would bet on this, honestly. Seems to read as a loose-and-fast insert of comic relief, namely that the Grunts played with their helmet. (Referecing a line uttered by Grunts+IWHBYD in Halo 3.)

Still canon last I heard. A lot of characters were mentioned in Canon Fodders and Catalog bringing them up.

One character who was only named in the Halo Wars Launch Site also appeared in Halo 5 as a Warzone boss :wink:

> 2533274836874363;8:
> One character who was only named in the Halo Wars Launch Site also appeared in Halo 5 as a Warzone boss :wink:

Re’gish Wamik; I know, I had to re-write my novelization of Halo Wars because of that new information. (I had originally written him slain by the Arbiter on Harvest.) But he wasn’t only named on the now-defunct site, he was a character in that first level, and I believe named in the data crates.

> 2533274836874363;8:
> > 2533274804813082;7:
> > > 2533274907200114;4:
> > > It might not even be canon anymore.
> >
> > I would bet on this, honestly. Seems to read as a loose-and-fast insert of comic relief, namely that the Grunts played with their helmet. (Referecing a line uttered by Grunts+IWHBYD in Halo 3.)
>
> Still canon last I heard. A lot of characters were mentioned in Canon Fodders and Catalog bringing them up.
>
> One character who was only named in the Halo Wars Launch Site also appeared in Halo 5 as a Warzone boss :wink:

Fair enough.

Canonically it could be passed off as a Sangheili basically lying about killing a Spartan.

> 2533274804813082;9:
> > 2533274836874363;8:
> > One character who was only named in the Halo Wars Launch Site also appeared in Halo 5 as a Warzone boss :wink:
>
> Re’gish Wamik; I know, I had to re-write my novelization of Halo Wars because of that new information. (I had originally written him slain by the Arbiter on Harvest.) But he wasn’t only named on the now-defunct site, he was a character in that first level, and I believe named in the data crates.

He was only named in the Launch Site. The Timeline events nor cutscene mention his name at all. :\

But yea only reason we know he appeared in the cutscenes is the fact that a image of that Elite appeared with his transmission on that site.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Pigeon.