Halo Canon Questions and Answers Thread.

As I’ve been reading through the Halo books and replaying some of the games these past few weeks, I’ve had a lot of questions regarding Halo canon. I’ve also noticed that some other people on the forums seem to have had questions too!

My thought is how about we create a thread specifically designed to provide answers to questions anyone might have regarding Halo canon and story?! If you have a question that’s been nagging at you, post it in this thread and hopefully someone can help you out. Over time we can compile proven answers to commonly asked questions, and people who’ve been journeying through the extended fiction won’t have to look in multiple threads for multiple answers.

Anybody with me on this? Just so you know I’m not a canon expert, so I don’t think I’d be able to answer that many questions, lol.

How many spartan IIs are confirmed still alive?

> How many spartan IIs are confirmed still alive?

Technically the only Spartans the UNSC can confirm are alive are the ones who failed the augmentation process. Maria survived but retired.

Kirk-018
Maria-062 - Retired
Cassandra-075
René-081
Fhajad-084

Other Spartan we as the audience know are still alive are…

Linda-058 - Dyson’s Sphere
Kelly-087 - Dyson’s Sphere
Fred-104 - Dyson’s Sphere
John-117 - Drifting in Space
Black Team - Line Installation

The Spartans who are unknown to Us as well as the UNSC are…

Red Team - Halo Wars
Grey Team - Cole Protocol

This was a good thread idea.

My only question is a question that probably no one here can answer, what gives Frigates the ability to float in atmosphere?

I’ve got a small question, was there ever a name or designation given to Douglas-042’s four barreled rocket launcher? That is one weapon I wouldn’t mind seeing in Halo 4.

Why weren’t any Grunts or Hunters allies of the UNSC during the events of Halo 3? Many sided with the Separatists during the Great Schism.

Is Harvest home to 3 million or 300,000?

> Why weren’t any Grunts or Hunters allies of the UNSC during the events of Halo 3? Many sided with the Separatists during the Great Schism.

It certainly would’ve been nice to see, but I guess Bungie either couldn’t be bothered or thought that it may be a little confusing for some. Would have been cool to see Hunters go to town on some Brutes.

I could have sworn there was a mission in H3 where you fought along side Hunters… am I wrong?

> I could have sworn there was a mission in H3 where you fought along side Hunters… am I wrong?

Yes you are. That never happened in Halo 3.

> Why weren’t any Grunts or Hunters allies of the UNSC during the events of Halo 3? Many sided with the Separatists during the Great Schism.

Bungie did have green-armoured Hunters and Grunts fighting alongside the chief, but apparently play-testers found this too confusing. Which is odd, because nobody tried unloading into the friendly Grunts and Elites in Halo 2’s The Arbiter.

> > Why weren’t any Grunts or Hunters allies of the UNSC during the events of Halo 3? Many sided with the Separatists during the Great Schism.
>
> Bungie did have green-armoured Hunters and Grunts fighting alongside the chief, but apparently play-testers found this too confusing. Which is odd, because nobody tried unloading into the friendly Grunts and Elites in Halo 2’s The Arbiter.

Really the Covenant Separatists only help you twice in the game, not counting the times the Arbiter is alone with you. The Grunts and Hunters just weren’t really needed.

Here is a good question will they ever explain the mystery surrounding Chips Dubbo and Pete Stacker, both of whom we don’t know how, survived Installation 04?

> Is Harvest home to 3 million or 300,000?

I would say 300,000. This is because the 300,000 was later canon and doesn’t contradict with anything else than the mention of 3,000,000. 300,000 also seem more logical as it is only a small farming colony with most of it landscape being farmland.

Actually this would need a confirmation from 343i, but at this moment you could just decide which seems more logical to you. There is no official answer to your question, at least as far as I know.