Halo can become the king again

For a while, it seemed like halo was dying. It was being overshadowed by the nooby shooters. Before halo 5’s free to play period, halo 5 was in the last row of the Xbox one’s most popular list, and it was on the verge of going on the dreaded second page.

When the free period began, it jumped up to #6. Everyone thought that it was just because it was free. However, now it has been about a week after the free period, and halo 5 is still #6.

This got me thinking: if people can like halo 5 when it’s not the best game, then if halo 6 turns out perfect, it can dethrone CoD and take its rightful place as king of the FPSs.

If halo 6 has a killer campaign, both in gameplay and story, lots of new and returning gamemodes and playlists, classic playlists, WZFF and original firefight, and free DLC (not necessarily monthly updates but free DLC), then halo 6 can be the next halo 3.

Does anyone else believe that halo 6 can be the next king of the FPSs?

That’s a lot of ifs, but I’m hopeful that 343 will deliver. I’m not so sure about king of FPS, but we as a community can definitely return to a high standing in the FPS ladder.

I definitely think that Halo 5 was another step in the right direction, and that if 343 can put everything together than Halo 6 could be one of the best Halo games ever. That being said, it’s a lot but I hope they can do it. I don’t think Halo will ever overtake a game like CoD, because it’s Xbox exclusive. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be successful.

> 2535455681930574;1:
> For a while, it seemed like halo was dying. It was being overshadowed by the nooby shooters. Before halo 5’s free to play period, halo 5 was in the last row of the Xbox one’s most popular list, and it was on the verge of going on the dreaded second page.
>
> When the free period began, it jumped up to #6. Everyone thought that it was just because it was free. However, now it has been about a week after the free period, and halo 5 is still #6.
>
> This got me thinking: if people can like halo 5 when it’s not the best game, then if halo 6 turns out perfect, it can dethrone CoD and take its rightful place as king of the FPSs.
>
> If halo 6 has a killer campaign, both in gameplay and story, lots of new and returning gamemodes and playlists, classic playlists, WZFF and original firefight, and free DLC (not necessarily monthly updates but free DLC), then halo 6 can be the next halo 3.
>
> Does anyone else believe that halo 6 can be the next king of the FPSs?

I think your right and heres things to make Halo better

• Better Campaign of course
  • A better req system.
  • Less ugly armor and make the same armor with a different paint job a option to get not a separate req.
  • Better customization
  • Make better and more developed characters.
  • Bigger radar so people can dodge Spartan Charge easier for people.

More content and improvements to HALO.

I don’t think 343 or the fans need the mentality that halo needs to be the #1 game, they really just need to keep the mindset of improving it in general rather than overthinking it just be be #1 on a list. No one bought halo games just because of their spots, they bought them because of what it had in them and how they played, h3 bring #1 was simply a bragging bonus and I pity those whom think halos bad simply cuz it’s not #1 or even in the top 5.

Halo just needs to keep being halo and not worry about beating out CoD. The difference in kill times makes a huge difference with the games. That is why i came back to Halo. The short kill times in CoD were nice at first, but it has turned into an AR fest with the first shot normally getting the kill. That is not halo and hopefully never will be

As far as competitive FPS gaming, I’m not sure anyone can argue against Halo being the king. As far as fun goes, CoD has been dominating for years; it is easy to get into, it has good visuals, and there a lot of people who are firearms fanatics and CoD is more appealing to those. So I think we have two different types of gamers to appeal to… competitive gamers and gamers that just want to have fun. I’m not sure any game can really be king of both.

I will say, when Halo 6 comes out there needs to be more than just 3 Warzone maps at launch. I am hoping for at least 5. That was a small issue I had when I bought the game, the same 3 maps got old quick. I am glad we have more variety now.

I would rather halo 6 become the next halo reach

We’ll see, about that.

> 2535455681930574;1:
> For a while, it seemed like halo was dying. It was being overshadowed by the nooby shooters. Before halo 5’s free to play period, halo 5 was in the last row of the Xbox one’s most popular list, and it was on the verge of going on the dreaded second page.
>
> When the free period began, it jumped up to #6. Everyone thought that it was just because it was free. However, now it has been about a week after the free period, and halo 5 is still #6.
>
> This got me thinking: if people can like halo 5 when it’s not the best game, then if halo 6 turns out perfect, it can dethrone CoD and take its rightful place as king of the FPSs.
>
> If halo 6 has a killer campaign, both in gameplay and story, lots of new and returning gamemodes and playlists, classic playlists, WZFF and original firefight, and free DLC (not necessarily monthly updates but free DLC), then halo 6 can be the next halo 3.
>
> Does anyone else believe that halo 6 can be the next king of the FPSs?

It needs to update, halo 5 will go back to 10 in about a week

> 2533274977152039;10:
> I would rather halo 6 become the next halo reach

everybody hopes that

> 2533274949192941;13:
> > 2533274977152039;10:
> > I would rather halo 6 become the next halo reach
>
>
> everybody hopes that

Lol

Halo is a follower in the gaming world now, it’s no longer the leader like it should be. Following trends rather than setting then. Once it loses the mentality of trying to being like the more popular games (which became popular precisely because they were different), perhaps it could potential be number one again. That’s a good place to start and it could also be more accessible which would help to draw in and keep new players.

> 2533274977152039;10:
> I would rather halo 6 become the next halo reach

It’s not like the we haven’t suffered enough already…

> 2533274949192941;12:
> > 2535455681930574;1:
> > For a while, it seemed like halo was dying. It was being overshadowed by the nooby shooters. Before halo 5’s free to play period, halo 5 was in the last row of the Xbox one’s most popular list, and it was on the verge of going on the dreaded second page.
> >
> > When the free period began, it jumped up to #6. Everyone thought that it was just because it was free. However, now it has been about a week after the free period, and halo 5 is still #6.
> >
> > This got me thinking: if people can like halo 5 when it’s not the best game, then if halo 6 turns out perfect, it can dethrone CoD and take its rightful place as king of the FPSs.
> >
> > If halo 6 has a killer campaign, both in gameplay and story, lots of new and returning gamemodes and playlists, classic playlists, WZFF and original firefight, and free DLC (not necessarily monthly updates but free DLC), then halo 6 can be the next halo 3.
> >
> > Does anyone else believe that halo 6 can be the next king of the FPSs?
>
>
> It needs to update, halo 5 will go back to 10 in about a week

Pretty much. It’s activity over the last week, so it’s not a reflection of this very day or moment in time. Plus, it’s counting anyone playing the game, so people could very well still be playing the Campaign or giving the MP a shot. One or two weeks is not a good way to judge how many people will keep playing.

> 2533274923562209;6:
> I don’t think 343 or the fans need the mentality that halo needs to be the #1 game, they really just need to keep the mindset of improving it in general rather than overthinking it just be be #1 on a list. No one bought halo games just because of their spots, they bought them because of what it had in them and how they played, h3 bring #1 was simply a bragging bonus and I pity those whom think halos bad simply cuz it’s not #1 or even in the top 5.

A lot actually do buy it based on popularity. If a game is #1, then people will say “hey, a lot of people like this game, so I’ll try it out.” I don’t think that halo is bad because it’s not #1, but wouldn’t you like it if your favorite game was #1?

> 2533274925513181;2:
> That’s a lot of ifs, but I’m hopeful that 343 will deliver. I’m not so sure about king of FPS, but we as a community can definitely return to a high standing in the FPS ladder.

Not really, they just need to go all or nothing with halo 6.

Halo won’t be king again till Microsoft selle more consoles than Sony :frowning: I’am an Xbox person for life. Right now Sony is selling consoles 2 to 1 to Microsoft. That has been the serious problem, not the game.