Halo Campaign gets neglected

lets Face it! halo is an action shooter, as such 3/4 of the people who call themselves halo fans have never ACTUALLY played halo! (the campaign i mean) with out the campaign its just shoot the guy with the gold mask…

Halo4 should incourage people to play the campaign by providing unique unlockables in multiplayer for beating the campaign mode on different difficulties and doing for “Finding” secrets in the campaign mode!

that way all the work done on the campaign isn’t going to waste… and lets face it… there is a REALLY good story in halo! (albeit, a bit depressing :P)

Well luckily the fine people of 343i are nerds like us and appear to actually care more for the story than multiplayer.(at least more than Bungie did)

> lets Face it! halo is an action shooter, as such 3/4 of the people who call themselves halo fans have never ACTUALLY played halo! (the campaign i mean) with out the campaign its just shoot the guy with the gold mask…
>
> Halo4 should incourage people to play the campaign by providing unique unlockables in multiplayer for beating the campaign mode on different difficulties and doing for “Finding” secrets in the campaign mode!
>
> that way all the work done on the campaign isn’t going to waste… and lets face it… there is a REALLY good story in halo! (albeit, a bit depressing :P)

I’d like to point out that Bungie did just that with the armour unlocks in Halo 3. :wink:
I’m sure 343i will do a similar thing.

> lets Face it! halo is an action shooter, as such 3/4 of the people who call themselves halo fans have never ACTUALLY played halo! (the campaign i mean) with out the campaign its just shoot the guy with the gold mask…
>
> Halo4 should incourage people to play the campaign by providing unique unlockables in multiplayer for beating the campaign mode on different difficulties and doing for “Finding” secrets in the campaign mode!
>
> that way all the work done on the campaign isn’t going to waste… and lets face it… there is a REALLY good story in halo! (albeit, a bit depressing :P)

You mean like, hayabusa armor?

for me campaign is very fun, beats multiplayer and is a challenge with skulls and difficulties. there can be loads of easter eggs put in too and interesting terminals/glitches. halo became famous because of its campaign, it shouldn’t be neglected…and it won’t be.

I’m a huge fan of campaign, that said I don’t think any unlockable features should be restricted to any area of gameplay but rather available no matter what you play. Keep everyone on an even ground and don’t force them to play what they may not want to.

> > lets Face it! halo is an action shooter, as such 3/4 of the people who call themselves halo fans have never ACTUALLY played halo! (the campaign i mean) with out the campaign its just shoot the guy with the gold mask…
> >
> > Halo4 should incourage people to play the campaign by providing unique unlockables in multiplayer for beating the campaign mode on different difficulties and doing for “Finding” secrets in the campaign mode!
> >
> > that way all the work done on the campaign isn’t going to waste… and lets face it… there is a REALLY good story in halo! (albeit, a bit depressing :P)
>
> I’d like to point out that Bungie did just that with the armour unlocks in Halo 3. :wink:
> I’m sure 343i will do a similar thing.

I really hope they do.

> I’m a huge fan of campaign, that said I don’t think any unlockable features should be restricted to any area of gameplay but rather available no matter what you play. Keep everyone on an even ground and don’t force them to play what they may not want to.

I’d rather they all be linked to campaign. The armour permutations at least. And that is IF they are linked to the achievements in the first place.
First that takes care of those who don’t play online or MP often.

Second, I view them much like getting the Legendary achievement solo. If it’s so easy, then by all means, prove it and earn your achievement and new armour piece(s).

Thirdly, I haven’t boosted for any of my achievements and I have them all in the FPSs. And IMO, 2-4-1 and its like are definitely achievement types that shouldn’t return.

Fourthly, sorta(ok, it’s not sorta) forcing players to earn armour pieces in campaign will help players learn new things they definitely wouldn’t try and probably only accidentally do in multiplayer. Whether some players want to admit it or not, the campaign runs help instill in-game physics knowledge into the gaming subconscious. And part of CE’s charm in MP was the application of moves learned in campaign and applied to the MP (of course the reverse did happen, that is why playing both is the best way to well, play)

It’s funny that you actually say that OP, because in a way you are right. It’s true, most people who play Halo play for the multiplayer experience.

I started out playing the Campaign when I was 15 back when Combat Evolved was released. It was then I loved the Universe that was formed around the story and have been a die hard fan of the Campaign / Storyline more than multiplayer. But, that doesn’t mean I’m not a fan of multiplayer either.

> I’m a huge fan of campaign, that said I don’t think any unlockable features should be restricted to any area of gameplay but rather available no matter what you play. Keep everyone on an even ground and don’t force them to play what they may not want to.

/Agree

A lot of posters in this thread are right. Campaign and multiplayer are so closely related it’s basically just copy and paste. For Halo 4, I think campaign should be improved and be a hell lot different from multiplayer.

I think that unlockables should be seperated in campaign, multiplayer and FF. Every part unlocks something else.

And just for the record, I buy Halo games because of the campaigns. Multiplayer is only a bonus for me. Admittedly a very large bonus, but still a bonus nonetheless.

1. Hayabusa.
  2. Where did you get this “3/4” thing? Did you survey people?