Halo campaign be story jumping?

No, not time traveling. I don’t know what its called but could the game be telling a story at multiple time points?

It shows that Halo Infinite trailer is the intro to the game. With the Halo ring, I assume was from Halo 5, all blown up without question… I would bet that the game will have multiple missions or points that will either reveal missions or cutscenes set before the ring destruction. Maybe the intro will be the ending and the whole campaign is set in the past to show what happens before Chief landed in the pelican.

Either than that, at least maybe the first mission shows what happens in the past or at least moment before. Because if it isn’t idk how they can follow up with Chief jumping straight back into space for no reason.

Just like ODST, would be a great feature.

I love getting different perspectives of events happening at the same time. And I like explanation. Which infinite so far has given none.

343 confirmed that the pelican scene is the opening sequence to infinite. So i feel a prologue is necessary to fully understand what is going on. And a hefty prologue at that due to the time that has passed.

I think the prologue should capture what happens with blue team, halsey, and osiris immediately after halo 5. Then should show what happens with the infinity, then chiefs armor upgrades and some major wars and battles showing humanity’s fall and other species as well. Like I said, a hefty prologue. Theres a lot that hasn’t been said yet.

The problem with running parallel plot lines would be that only one of them could have Master Chief as the playable character. Now, while I’m all for playing as different characters (I loved Arby in H2) I feel like Infinite could come under some fire without John as our exclusive, number one guy. After Halo 5, I think sticking with 117 for this game is the way to go, even if that means losing the possibility for multiple story threads.

> 2793304054615593;4:
> The problem with running parallel plot lines would be that only one of them could have Master Chief as the playable character. Now, while I’m all for playing as different characters (I loved Arby in H2) I feel like Infinite could come under some fire without John as our exclusive, number one guy. After Halo 5, I think sticking with 117 for this game is the way to go, even if that means losing the possibility for multiple story threads.

Nothing wrong have past and present missions both being Chief as playable.

> 2535419166122192;5:
> > 2793304054615593;4:
> > The problem with running parallel plot lines would be that only one of them could have Master Chief as the playable character. Now, while I’m all for playing as different characters (I loved Arby in H2) I feel like Infinite could come under some fire without John as our exclusive, number one guy. After Halo 5, I think sticking with 117 for this game is the way to go, even if that means losing the possibility for multiple story threads.
>
> Nothing wrong have past and present missions both being Chief as playable.

Ah yes, that would work. Rather than parallel plot lines they could run past and present lines and keep the spotlight on Chief :smiley: