Halo: Broken Circle info

Is there much known about this book yet? I’ve searched the forums and it doesn’t give any results. I admit, I never read the bulletins anymore, but I figure this would have been mentioned in the forums.

We don’t know much, but what we do know is very interesting.

It’s the earliest piece of fiction set post-activation that we have.

> “Witness an untold chapter in Halo lore as John Shirley’s Halo: Broken Circle takes us to the dawn of the Covenant and the fateful first bargain between the Prophets and the Elites. Broken Circle will explore an Elite splinter group rebelling against the Covenant in its earliest days, a brave Prophet caught in the machinations of the new Covenant leadership, and the root of the betrayal that would ultimately shatter the Covenant during events seen in the blockbuster Xbox game Halo 2.”

So as far as protagonists go, we’ll have a group of Sangheili rebels and a San’Shyuum. It’ll be the first book without any humans in, and it’ll have something big to do with the Great Schism.

I can’t bloody wait. This could be the next best thing to the Forerunner Saga.

Wait and see, I suppose. I generally haven’t enjoyed the Halo books released under the 343i regime.

> Wait and see, I suppose. I generally haven’t enjoyed the Halo books released under the 343i regime.

I hated Glasslands and much of The Thursday War (Jul’s POV chapters were really good though), but the Forerunner Saga and Evolutions are two of the absolute best pieces of fiction to happen to this franchise IMO.

> > Wait and see, I suppose. I generally haven’t enjoyed the Halo books released under the 343i regime.
>
> I hated Glasslands and much of The Thursday War (Jul’s POV chapters were really good though), but the Forerunner Saga and Evolutions are two of the absolute best pieces of fiction to happen to this franchise IMO.

And let’s not forget some of those Adjunct sections in the reprints of Fall of Reach, The Flood, and First Strike.

> > > Wait and see, I suppose. I generally haven’t enjoyed the Halo books released under the 343i regime.
> >
> > I hated Glasslands and much of The Thursday War (Jul’s POV chapters were really good though), but the Forerunner Saga and Evolutions are two of the absolute best pieces of fiction to happen to this franchise IMO.
>
> And let’s not forget some of those Adjunct sections in the reprints of Fall of Reach, The Flood, and First Strike.

dat Lasky (and potential Ark Theory) foreshadowing…

> > Wait and see, I suppose. I generally haven’t enjoyed the Halo books released under the 343i regime.
>
> I hated Glasslands and much of The Thursday War (Jul’s POV chapters were really good though), but the Forerunner Saga and Evolutions are two of the absolute best pieces of fiction to happen to this franchise IMO.

I enjoyed Glasslands but the other two Traviss books got progressively worse for me. I really disliked the first two Forerunner books. The first one is okay because everything was new, but the second one was really tough for me to read. Really loved the third one.