Halo Bots (this isnt Firefight)

Now i’ve requested for Bots since Halo 3, and the closest thing to it is firefight. im enjoying it but its not what i had in mind. I think having Bots in the multiplayer maps would be a good addition for Halo 4. not only would there be enemy AI bots but you could get fellow Marines/Spartans to assist you (or if your an Alien lover you can have the covenant on your side). This makes it feel like your in a real battle and it could also give us better use of Forge. I use Forge but once im done making the map, i find it very pointless when there is no one to play it with. If you dont like the way im describing it, this video should make things more clear of what i want.

Now there are reasons as to why Halo 4 should have bots and let me explain. But before that this is how they should work. First, they should have difficulty selection just like Perfect Dark Zero and CoD Black OPs and Gears of War 2 if it had difficulty selection for bots. Obviously the 4 difficulties would be Easy, Normal, Heroic, and Legendary. They would become more difficult not by weapon strength but their inteligence and aiming capabilities. Also they must be unscripted.

Now for the advantages:

1. People can use them to warm up for matchmaking.

2. People can use them to test maps they make in forge.

3. If you have no friends on, don’t feel like playing matchmaking, or your internet is down you can still have fun in customs.

4. If online is permanently shut down for the game you can still play multiplayer even if you have no friends for split screen or LAN at the moment. I wish Halo 2 had bots for this reason.

And there you have it, this is why bots would be good for Halo 4.

Yeah, bots are fun every once in a while.

Yes bots would be great for octagons, testing maps, etc.

While bots are fun to mess around with, I find they are either too easy to kill, or hard to the point of you being killed the second you make a move, never the ranging difficulties of online enemies and teammates.

What about scripting?

The Official Halo Feedback Thread
http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/4707.aspx

bots in customs would be fun. Sounds good to me.

for custom games or days I feel like goofing off … heck yes!

oh man even a personal ranking system within ucstoms with bots would make my day. Sorta how MW2 had their lan ranks or black ops has combat training ranks.

It would really be nice, and also make the game truley infinite. I could setup 8v8 BTB matches and never have to worry about lag, cheaters, or players who don’t actually play. Sure it wouldn’t be truely compettive play but who cares? Great way to warmup or have fun outside of MM.

> While bots are fun to mess around with, I find they are either too easy to kill, or hard to the point of you being killed the second you make a move, never the ranging difficulties of online enemies and teammates.

Like I said, they don’t get harder in weapon strength, only inteligence and aiming capabilities. For you, I would suggest Normal or Heroic. :wink:

> The Official Halo Feedback Thread
> http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/4707.aspx

So what you are saying is that I should copy and paste my OP to that thread?

I support this 100%. Wanted this since H2.

> for custom games or days I feel like goofing off … heck yes!
>
> oh man even a personal ranking system within ucstoms with bots would make my day. Sorta how MW2 had their lan ranks or black ops has combat training ranks.
>
> It would really be nice, and also make the game truley infinite. I could setup 8v8 BTB matches and never have to worry about lag, cheaters, or players who don’t actually play. Sure it wouldn’t be truely compettive play but who cares? Great way to warmup or have fun outside of MM.

Yeah bots can increase replayability of customs a lot. No matter your play stile.

I strongly disagree with this, mostly because there is a entire Campaign dedicated to AI combat and secondly because they invented Fire Fight for the majority of players who either dont have xbox live or dont have the required skill to fully enjoy matchmaking.

Playing a real opponent can never be matched by any for of AI, and on a side note Reach doesn’t help with it current POOR matchmaking if your a new player, once thats sorted out then you wont need Bots to enjoy matchmaking. “Even if you have to wait till 4”

It should be in. Anybody who disagrees is crazy. I make/find some pretty killer maps, but don’t like going up against my friends. It’s also fun after a rough day in matchmaking just to sit back and annihilate some AI bots.

Also, to the person above me, that’s very false. I just recently got Xbox Live, and do you have any idea how fast Firefight gets old by yourself? I found myself playing more Call of Duty before I had Live, just for the combat training. Bots are more fun, because it gives you a more real feel of multiplayer.

> I strongly disagree with this, mostly because there is a entire Campaign dedicated to AI combat and secondly because they invented Fire Fight for the majority of players who either dont have xbox live or dont have the required skill to fully enjoy matchmaking.
>
> Playing a real opponent can never be matched by any for of AI, and on a side note Reach doesn’t help with it current POOR matchmaking if your a new player, once thats sorted out then you wont need Bots to enjoy matchmaking. “Even if you have to wait till 4”

But campaign and firefight do not play like multiplayer. And bots can get prettu difficult if you have ever played a game that has them which I guess you haven’t. Oh and lets see if wee can try to play 8v8 CTF on firefight or campaign…, lmao!!!

Please 343 put a bot option in matchmaking and custom maps

why not they could even make a gametype like invasion slayer where bots are dropped in rather then weapons when you capture an area!!

yes, ever since i played james bond nightfire all those years ago i thought that everygame should have bots.

Bots are a MUST for Halo 4. Before I had xbox live the only game I basically played was Star Wars Battlefront. Why? It has bots. I still play Quake 3, why? It has bots.

It would also result in more forge maps. The only reason why I don’t use the forge regularly is because the chance that I will get to test it is so low it isn’t really worth mentioning it.