Halo basically becoming like cod?

So basically from what I’m hearing from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuE3cl9wSV8&feature=g-u-u&context=G2b67140FUAAAAAAAKAA

They’re basically taking and copying a bunch of ideas from CoD and then implementing it into Halo…? Am I the only one who was actually pissed off about this? Weapon loadouts, weapon attachments, spartan ops and who knows what else. It’s obvious like they said in the video that Microsoft is most likely doing this to compete with Call of Duty but honestly this just isn’t the right way to do it in my opinion. One of the things I liked about Halo is the fact that everyone started out equal. It was all about skill and teamwork. If I wanted to play Call of Duty then I could simply buy it for myself. I know it may be a little early to judge but as for now I’m not very excited about the direction multiplayer is going. Does anyone else feel this way or am I missing or misunderstanding something?

No dawg, it still is Halo! Wear u git dis idea?

Whered you hear about weapon attachments?

And Spartan Ops is an actual campaign with a story, not just random copy-pastes from the campaign, and with a ton more missions.

A Lot of us are pissed. But watch out, there is a bunch of hate incoming because people haven’t realized that when people say halo is like cod we don’t actually mean its the same thing. The fact of the matter is that it has more and more similarities. It’s not exactly cod,but it is definitely moving in the direction.

It’s getting there. By Halo 6, we’ll be aiming down the sights of our guns. I can’t wait!

WHOA!!! You’re SO original!!! You must have thought of this comparison ALL BY YOURSELF! WAY TO GO! HALO IS JUST LIKE COD!!! YOU ARE SO BRILLIANT!!!

> Whered you hear about weapon attachments?
>
> And Spartan Ops is an actual campaign with a story, not just random copy-pastes from the campaign, and with a ton more missions.

Watch the video. It mentions it in there.

> A Lot of us are pissed. But watch out, there is a bunch of hate incoming because people haven’t realized that when people say halo is like cod we don’t actually mean its the same thing. The fact of the matter is that it has more and more similarities. It’s not exactly cod,but it is definitely moving in the direction.

I know it’s not the same thing but what is worrying me is that it’s moving in that direction /:

> It’s getting there. By Halo 6, we’ll be aiming down the sights of our guns. I can’t wait!

hey why don’t you make some posts that actually benefit the community, troll?

> It’s getting there. By Halo 6, we’ll be aiming down the sights of our guns. I can’t wait!

no

Did any of you stop to look at how much CoD copied from halo in the first place, and before you blast me look at this link with Frankie’s rebuttals to all the concerns mentioned here and more

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html

> Did any of you stop to look at how much CoD copied from halo in the first place, and before you blast me look at this link with Frankie’s rebuttals to all the concerns mentioned here and more
>
> http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html

In Frankie, we trust.

Also everything in that video is conjecture and opinion, and opinions are like buttholes we all have em, those guys being biased paid commentators is beside the point

> > Whered you hear about weapon attachments?
> >
> > And Spartan Ops is an actual campaign with a story, not just random copy-pastes from the campaign, and with a ton more missions.
>
> Watch the video. It mentions it in there.

I may sound stupid, but which video?

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Halo 4 isn’t even close to being like CoD. Please take this crap over there and troll their forums and see what they think. Wear you flame suit though, cuz your going to get a lot of yoink from them for saying it.

> >
> > And Spartan Ops is an actual campaign with a story, not just random copy-pastes from the campaign, and with a ton more missions.
>
>
>
>
> >
>
>
> > A Lot of us are pissed. But watch out, there is a bunch of hate incoming because people haven’t realized that when people say halo is like cod we don’t actually mean its the same thing. The fact of the matter is that it has more and more similarities. It’s not exactly cod,but it is definitely moving in the direction.
>
> I know it’s not the same thing but what is worrying me is that it’s moving in that direction /:

Just because IGN mentioned it, doesn’t mean it’s true. There are no weapon attachments. Spartan Ops missions will be original, and plentiful. The media always misinterpret things. This is an old joke, but you can’t spell ignorant without IGN. :stuck_out_tongue:

Halo isn’t becoming more like cod, people are just becoming more stupid. If everyone really wants halo to be completely different from any other shooter. You have to hate everything that can be compared to any other shooter. That means no slayer, no capture the flag, and NO BR!!! The thing most you mlg wanna bes -Yoink!- to on a daily basis. Is that what you want?

> WHOA!!! You’re SO original!!! You must have thought of this comparison ALL BY YOURSELF! WAY TO GO! HALO IS JUST LIKE COD!!! YOU ARE SO BRILLIANT!!!

I’m not saying it’s EXACTLY like it. I’m saying it’s heading that direction and that’s what I don’t like.

> Did any of you stop to look at how much CoD copied from halo in the first place, and before you blast me look at this link with Frankie’s rebuttals to all the concerns mentioned here and more
>
> http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html

I’m aware CoD has copied quite a portion of things from Halo and that companies do this all the time in a lot of industries but, I don’t think this is the right way to go. Sure there’s some good ideas that other games come up with that we should implement but not like this :c Also I’ll read that now.

> Halo isn’t becoming more like cod, people are just becoming more stupid. If everyone really wants halo to be completely different from any other shooter. You have to hate everything that can be compared to any other shooter. That means no slayer, no capture the flag, and NO BR!!! The thing most you mlg wanna bes -Yoink!- to on a daily basis. Is that what you want?

It is becoming more like CoD from the sound of it. I’m very aware that good ideas are taken from other games all the time as well. I don’t hate everything about every other shooter, in fact I’ve played CoD from time to time. But this is possibly changing some core things that made Halo, Halo and I don’t like that.

You know, as much as I hate these Halo-CoD comparisons, I would be remiss if I didn’t compliment on you on the fact that you kept it below flame level.

Halo is not a fish.

It is a ring-world weapon meant to wipe out all sentient life in the Milky Way Galaxy.