Halo back to its roots

Halo 4 is feeling like halo again
Static weapon spawns, 4sk br
I WILL PLAY THE HELL OUTTA THIS GAME 24/7

it is a lot more fun now i will agree… H2 movement speed (just wish the strafe was as fluid) 7SK carbine 4SK BR awesome

I haven’t had chance to play yet, is it epic?

Yea I’m digging this update. I think the game takes more skill now because you have to use your gun at its range or you’ll get trampled. The movement speed <3

Great, now the only thing that matters in this game is reaction time. >_>

I was just in a game where it was nothing but Battle Rifles everywhere. It didn’t even take one second to kill me against just two enemy players. No chance to retreat back into cover. We went from having a DMR which was slighty overpowered to everything else, to a BR that turns it into a one-gun game, makes Halo 4 play even more similarly to Call of Duty, and overall, breaks the game.

Extremely ironic considering this is what apparently you all approve of.

As long as there’s stupid amounts of aim assist, this game will only get worse with the buffing of weapons. But I guess the one-gun gameplay has always been Halo’s roots for better or worse.

I wouldn’t say it’s back to its roots, I would say that it is leaning in that direction more that it has been, but there are still fundamental issues wrong with the game that only a massive overhaul would fix.

> I wouldn’t say it’s back to its roots, I would say that it is leaning in that direction more that it has been, but there are still fundamental issues wrong with the game that only a massive overhaul would fix.

This is far as it goes for Halo 4, they would have to make major changes to the game to include descoping and stuff and they said they are not going to

Old Halo is just beyond the horizon. We’re not there yet, but we’re getting closer to it each update.

> > I wouldn’t say it’s back to its roots, I would say that it is leaning in that direction more that it has been, but there are still fundamental issues wrong with the game that only a massive overhaul would fix.
>
> This is far as it goes for Halo 4, they would have to make major changes to the game to include descoping and stuff and they said they are not going to

You started this thread almost praising them for the update. I miss descoping too, but i they don’t want it back then there’s nothing that can be done.
I haven’t had the chance to play the update yet, but will the first chance I get. I’m hoping the game is now balanced and not a BR mega-death precision spray all the time like so many people wanted. I’m enjoy the carbine though, so I’m glad to see it’ll be a little more pleasant to compete with.

> > > I wouldn’t say it’s back to its roots, I would say that it is leaning in that direction more that it has been, but there are still fundamental issues wrong with the game that only a massive overhaul would fix.
> >
> > This is far as it goes for Halo 4, they would have to make major changes to the game to include descoping and stuff and they said they are not going to
>
> You started this thread almost praising them for the update. I miss descoping too, but i they don’t want it back then there’s nothing that can be done.
> I haven’t had the chance to play the update yet, but will the first chance I get. I’m hoping the game is now balanced and not a BR mega-death precision spray all the time like so many people wanted. I’m enjoy the carbine though, so I’m glad to see it’ll be a little more pleasant to compete with.

They do want descoping back as well but they said they do not have time. Sad but true :frowning:

> Halo 4 is feeling like halo again
> Static weapon spawns, 4sk br
> I WILL PLAY THE HELL OUTTA THIS GAME 24/7

Judging the game after a coupe of hours won’t do anything. It may be better but just because some weapons are tweaked it won’t make this game anymore Halo.

You still have loadouts, non-experimental weapons, sprint, and everything else which makes it non-halo.

> Great, now the only thing that matters in this game is reaction time. >_>
>
> I was just in a game where it was nothing but Battle Rifles everywhere. It didn’t even take one second to kill me against just two enemy players. No chance to retreat back into cover. We went from having a DMR which was slighty overpowered to everything else, to a BR that turns it into a one-gun game, makes Halo 4 play even more similarly to Call of Duty, and overall, breaks the game.
>
> Extremely ironic considering this is what apparently you all approve of.
>
> As long as there’s stupid amounts of aim assist, this game will only get worse with the buffing of weapons. But I guess the one-gun gameplay has always been Halo’s roots for better or worse.

The BR has the third fastest kill time of all the primaries and the shortest RRR (with the carbine) so it’s hardly a ‘one gun game.’ And as for the aim-assist, halo 2 had higher levels.

don’t even compare 1.42 second kill times to Cods 0.23 averages, if you weren’t ‘taking on two players’ you wouldn’t be getting melted

> > Great, now the only thing that matters in this game is reaction time. >_>
> >
> > I was just in a game where it was nothing but Battle Rifles everywhere. It didn’t even take one second to kill me against just two enemy players. No chance to retreat back into cover. We went from having a DMR which was slighty overpowered to everything else, to a BR that turns it into a one-gun game, makes Halo 4 play even more similarly to Call of Duty, and overall, breaks the game.
> >
> > Extremely ironic considering this is what apparently you all approve of.
> >
> > As long as there’s stupid amounts of aim assist, this game will only get worse with the buffing of weapons. But I guess the one-gun gameplay has always been Halo’s roots for better or worse.
>
> The BR has the third fastest kill time of all the primaries and the shortest RRR (with the carbine) so it’s hardly a ‘one gun game.’ And as for the aim-assist, halo 2 had higher levels.
>
> don’t even compare 1.42 second kill times to Cods 0.23 averages, if you weren’t ‘taking on two players’ you wouldn’t be getting melted

Absolutely this. Stop claiming that the kill times are anything like COD.

If 2 players were firing BRs at you PRE-update you’d have been dead in under a second as well. As would you in all previous games in the series. If 2 players are firing at your head too right you don’t have time to retreat to cover.

> Great, now the only thing that matters in this game is reaction time. >_>
>
> I was just in a game where it was nothing but Battle Rifles everywhere. It didn’t even take one second to kill me against just two enemy players. No chance to retreat back into cover. We went from having a DMR which was slighty overpowered to everything else, to a BR that turns it into a one-gun game, makes Halo 4 play even more similarly to Call of Duty, and overall, breaks the game.
>
> Extremely ironic considering this is what apparently you all approve of.
>
> As long as there’s stupid amounts of aim assist, this game will only get worse with the buffing of weapons. But I guess the one-gun gameplay has always been Halo’s roots for better or worse.

How does a game that closely mirrors Halo 2/3 more so now than ever somehow=play like CoD? And how does getting swamped by two guys=kill times like CoD? How does it being a one gun game, which from what I’ve heard it isn’t, also somehow=CoD? Or are you just trying to figure out ways to compare it CoD?

Here’s a tip: don’t take on two guys at once if you can’t handle it. Halo 4’s kill times will never be as fast as CoD’s, just stop with the pointless comparisons.

wow feels better love it :slight_smile:

ARE THERE REALY STATIC WEAPON SPAWNS AGAIN!!???

> > Great, now the only thing that matters in this game is reaction time. >_>
> >
> > I was just in a game where it was nothing but Battle Rifles everywhere. It didn’t even take one second to kill me against just two enemy players. No chance to retreat back into cover. We went from having a DMR which was slighty overpowered to everything else, to a BR that turns it into a one-gun game, makes Halo 4 play even more similarly to Call of Duty, and overall, breaks the game.
> >
> > Extremely ironic considering this is what apparently you all approve of.
> >
> > As long as there’s stupid amounts of aim assist, this game will only get worse with the buffing of weapons. But I guess the one-gun gameplay has always been Halo’s roots for better or worse.
>
> How does a game that closely mirrors Halo 2/3 more so now than ever somehow=play like CoD? And how does getting swamped by two guys=kill times like CoD? How does it being a one gun game, which from what I’ve heard it isn’t, also somehow=CoD? Or are you just trying to figure out ways to compare it CoD?

I was perfectly fine with how Halo 4 was before. Even so, I was actually kind of looking forward to see how this TU would positively affect the game. Sure, the killtimes are closer to 2 and 3 but you’re forgetting the massive amount of aim assist, whichs make getting kills or teamshooting a cakewalk, henceforth, lowering the skill gap, and playing more like CoD. My point is it’s too easy to get kills and you aren’t rewarded enough for more skilled play.

A perfect example would be in Halo CE, the where the killtimes are closest to CoD. But since there’s such a small amount of aim assist, it works fine. (this statement independent of the fact the game is dominated by the Pistol alone)

> Here’s a tip: don’t take on two guys at once if you can’t handle it.

Excuse me? Without Promethean Vision, how the hell am I supposed to know there are two players around the corner. Pay attention to my statement; I said I was killed in NO MORE THAN A SECOND the instant moment I popped out of cover with no time to double back.

343i’s on the right track but they fail to see the glaring flaw that is the aim assist. The aim assist supplements for Halo 4’s killtimes to make them closer to CoD than we were before the TU.

THANKYOU 343!!! Halo is fun again. Im able to use the BR now! Love the update sofar. Thank you.

> Great, now the only thing that matters in this game is reaction time…But I guess the one-gun gameplay has always been Halo’s roots for better or worse.

This, this this THIS!

It’s so fast all that matters now is aim, speed, and map control.

What about tactical thinking once combat starts? Outmaneuvering your foe, being able to turn the tides once you get shot?

Though, I admit it’s much less of a one gun game than it was, which I like.

And everyone wanted that. Nice. Why don’t 343 just nerfed the DMR?
4sk BR my @55