Halo:ATLAS A Step Forward...

Saw this new feature for Halo Waypoint. I’m impressed. This is really cool and it does kinda remind me of WoW with the Dungeon Aide thing they also recently added. I feel this feature will probobly be implemented in Halo 4 Real-Time IN GAME. Just a press of a button on the D-PAD(since there has been no use for it on Halo Multiplayer) and we can get a “Satellite” Picture of the whole map we are playing in. Being able to know where weapon and vehicle drops are and possibly even view enemies.

It gives it a more futuristic feel and I think it would be great to have this In-Game.

There is already a large post on this…

> There is already a large post on this…

> There is already a large post on this…

Thanks captian, that’s where I found out about it. This is discussing Halo 4 not Halo:Waypoint -_-

> > There is already a large post on this…
>
> Thanks captain, that’s where I found out about it. This is discussing Halo 4 not Halo:Waypoint -_-

Yes, but you can discuss it there. Fixed your spelling to.

> > > There is already a large post on this…
> >
> > Thanks captain, that’s where I found out about it. This is discussing Halo 4 not Halo:Waypoint -_-
>
> Yes, but you can discuss it there. Fixed your spelling to.

> Saw this new feature for Halo Waypoint. I’m impressed. This is really cool and it does kinda remind me of WoW with the Dungeon Aide thing they also recently added. I feel this feature will probobly be implemented in Halo 4 Real-Time IN GAME. Just a press of a button on the D-PAD(since there has been no use for it on Halo Multiplayer) and we can get a “Satellite” Picture of the whole map we are playing in. Being able to know where weapon and vehicle drops are and possibly even view enemies.
>
> It gives it a more futuristic feel and I think it would be great to have this In-Game.

It is a really interesting addition. I read somewhere that Frank O’Conner was asked if 343 could see this kind of technology used in the future and his response was “Yes”…pretty telling I’d say. :slight_smile:

> > Saw this new feature for Halo Waypoint. I’m impressed. This is really cool and it does kinda remind me of WoW with the Dungeon Aide thing they also recently added. I feel this feature will probobly be implemented in Halo 4 Real-Time IN GAME. Just a press of a button on the D-PAD(since there has been no use for it on Halo Multiplayer) and we can get a “Satellite” Picture of the whole map we are playing in. Being able to know where weapon and vehicle drops are and possibly even view enemies.
> >
> > It gives it a more futuristic feel and I think it would be great to have this In-Game.
>
> It is a really interesting addition. I read somewhere that Frank O’Conner was asked if 343 could see this kind of technology used in the future and his response was “Yes”…pretty telling I’d say. :slight_smile:

Intresting to say the least.

> possibly even view enemies.

I sincerely hope this never comes about.It would completely devalue the motion tracker and would be flat out ridiculous in gametypes without the motion tracker.

I think ATLAS is really cool and all, but only avaliable on windows phone? Really? They need one for Adroid and iOS, as well as desktop.

> > possibly even view enemies.
>
> I sincerely hope this never comes about.It would completely devalue the motion tracker and would be flat out ridiculous in gametypes without the motion tracker.

Yeah I got you, but I mean view enemies who have been marked by an ally. The y become marked if you ally looks at them for a few seconds or presses a button

> > > possibly even view enemies.
> >
> > I sincerely hope this never comes about.It would completely devalue the motion tracker and would be flat out ridiculous in gametypes without the motion tracker.
>
> Yeah I got you, but I mean view enemies who have been marked by an ally. The y become marked if you ally looks at them for a few seconds or presses a button

No, that’s what communication is for - verbally keeping your team informed on what you can see.

> > > possibly even view enemies.
> >
> > I sincerely hope this never comes about.It would completely devalue the motion tracker and would be flat out ridiculous in gametypes without the motion tracker.
>
> Yeah I got you, but I mean view enemies who have been marked by an ally. The y become marked if you ally looks at them for a few seconds or presses a button

No, I do not want a button for spotting enemies a la Battlefield. Halo Reach already does this automatically sometimes (ever see a red marker over an enemy? try more team-based games if not). I do not support giving Halo similar features as other popular games, removing the uniqueness of Halo.

Also, we should not be praising this app unless it becomes universally available. Until then, “Atlas” will just be another feature to convince you to buy a Windows Phone. I don’t agree with the unfair advantage it provides to the few who own a Windows Phone, but I also think players who want to distract themselves by looking at their phone constantly are exactly the types I’d like to play against.

Sorry for being Buzz Killington here, just trying to spread some other ideas.