halo armour problem

can you still unlock recon? just a bit confused as i have got all of the vidmaster achievements, but have not received the armour.

BS Angel stated on Twitter a few months ago that Recon armour is no longer available in Halo 3. So no matter if you get all the Vidmaster achievements, it isn’t being unlocked for anyone any more.

That’s weird because I have the Recon helmet and I don’t recall doing anything to get it … it was just there one day. Same with the Mark V. I’ve had Halo 3 since launch, so I must have done something.

> That’s weird because I have the Recon helmet and I don’t recall doing anything to get it … it was just there one day. Same with the Mark V. I’ve had Halo 3 since launch, so I must have done something.

343 were giving it out in waves to everyone about a year or so ago (whether you had any of the Vidmasters or not), but I think you had to have been actively playing within a certain time period to qualify. If you weren’t playing in the time period or made a new account, then you weren’t eligible to get the armour.

Either way, the armour is now locked and cannot be obtained any more.