Halo Anniversary's cutscenes ARE different! (I think)

Edit:

I went back and compared the bit of the trailer from Truth and Reconciliation, and the actual footage from Halo 1:

Bit from the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1J3z_2Uep8&feature=channel_video_title

Bit from Halo 1:

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSJh8zO2xM)">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZeAO8xsy80

I think this is confirmed! (Unless I’m just seeing things) Though clearly, the trailer is a WIP, because I think the Chief’s gun is…not right =P

To clear things up…I’m not complaining about this. In fact, I’m glad they’re re-animating the cutscenes. It’ll mean we WON’T see a fully HD-ized Keyes talking like a puppet =D

Agreed, I’m confident that new animations are incorporated, because not doing so is a stupid idea. I’m curious to see if there improving the A.I. and adding some gameplay fixes (energy swords, vehicle jacking, needler not sucking).

> Agreed, I’m confident that new animations are incorporated, because not doing so is a stupid idea. I’m curious to see if there improving the A.I. and adding some gameplay fixes (energy swords, vehicle jacking, needler not sucking).

They haven’t touched gameplay at all, and they’ve confirmed that the graphical upgrade is simply running on top of the old engine.

I hope, very much so, that they haven’t done this with cutscenes. I want them fully re-animated so they look BAD–Yoink- in those stunning new graphics.

I know about all that, but they also said there adding terminals, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t put in additions that should have been in the original and could improve the quality. I agree 100% with new cut-scene animations, that would really make the game’s quality better. I’m confident they’ll do it, simply because the old one’s look so bad by today’s standards.

> > Agreed, I’m confident that new animations are incorporated, because not doing so is a stupid idea. I’m curious to see if there improving the A.I. and adding some gameplay fixes (energy swords, vehicle jacking, needler not sucking).
>
> They haven’t touched gameplay at all, and they’ve confirmed that the graphical upgrade is simply running on top of the old engine.
>
> I hope, very much so, that they haven’t done this with cutscenes. I want them fully re-animated so they look BAD-Yoink! in those stunning new graphics.

I’m a total derp. I forgot that they showed a scene from The Truth and Reconciliation in the trailer! I compared it to some Halo 1 Footage, and it’s totally different.

Yes! The cutscenes have been redone! Confirmed!

Does anybody think that they will add in a bonus legendary cutscene to promote Halo 4?

Possible, but from my understanding terminals are supposed to take care of that.

> Does anybody think that they will add in a bonus legendary cutscene to promote Halo 4?

They have a floating camera capturing HCEA. That they did the same in a cutscene is unfathomable? It’s how we found out he Chief doesn’t have a face, it’s only another fist, I mean helmet.

> They have a floating camera capturing HCEA. That they did the same in a cutscene is unfathomable? It’s how we found out he Chief doesn’t have a face, it’s only another fist, I mean helmet.

…What?

I think you’re mis-interpreting. I love that they’re changing the cutscenes! I’ll be sure to make that clear in the OP

> > They have a floating camera capturing HCEA. That they did the same in a cutscene is unfathomable? It’s how we found out he Chief doesn’t have a face, it’s only another fist, I mean helmet.
>
> …What?
>
> I think you’re mis-interpreting. I love that they’re changing the cutscenes! I’ll be sure to make that clear in the OP

Well then imagination over a lack of imagination is ok by me :slight_smile: They may, but as Frankie said, it’s damn near the same game, all 98% of it. Probably missing a spot to input my name for .fortune. That extra stuff added in on the filter side like terminals, maybe datapads, probably not extra weapon caches, though extra interactive other stuff … The cutscenes probably won’t alter, though many other things have (beyond the visuals… the Control Room, must see the Control Room!! I think they put something special down there too.)

I hope they at least remember that there’s a small cut scene for when you don’t finish the Maw in time (a lot of people don’t seem to know it’s there). They could make that fairly spectacular.

> I hope they at least remember that there’s a small cut scene for when you don’t finish the Maw in time (a lot of people don’t seem to know it’s there). They could make that fairly spectacular.

I’m sure they didn’t forget it. They’re looking at it from a design perspective, not a game perspective. The data is certainly there.

> I hope they at least remember that there’s a small cut scene for when you don’t finish the Maw in time (a lot of people don’t seem to know it’s there). They could make that fairly spectacular.

you sir have just made me get out of bed and kick myself. though tommorow ifi load up CE and choose to fail the drive and there isnt a cut scene mark my words there will be a small 5k word rant at you for making me kick myself. i have had CE the same disc, for 10 years (almost) and never thought to see if there was a cut scene for failing the timer, i either died and had to start over or got there with time to spare.

no spoilers pls.

I wasn’t aware that there was a cutscene for failing either. I must see this :slight_smile:

Looks more like different camera angles. Some of the animation looks smoother, but based on what has been said, the base animations are all the same.

Yup. They are redoing the cutscenes as to make them more meaningful and modern. The animations during Halo CE were excellent at the time, but god awful today.

I hope they keep them the same. I saw no difference, I just hope they kept all easter eggs and glitches

> Looks more like different camera angles. Some of the animation looks smoother, but based on what has been said, the base animations are all the same.

Look really carefully.

1. The marines do not have the same animations going up.

2. The chief’s animations are different. If you look at the orignal footage, he doesn’t look up until he starts going up, and he doesn’t float to the side of the camera right at the end.