Halo Anniversary: Multiplayer Issues

Disclaimer: “This is not a complaint it is merely a matter of opinion so please dont attack me if you disagree with the following post”

Heya peeps this is UltraBlueMan Aka: “FrenzyBCFC” postin to you to discuss somethin quite… uhh…

Debatable?

Yes were all “most of us anyway” are looking forward to the graphically remastered Halo Annivesary campaign… but whilst scanning through the many many videos and previews to This game i found a video flythrough of Damnation which if i may add looked graphically impressive and as it should be…
But thats not my problem…

While watchin the Flythrough i was immediatly put off 343 Industries refrence as “Bringing back the game that started it all” as i saw Reach’s multiplayer engine bein used in what should of only been the Original Halo Multiplayer Experience… as it wasnt really the campaign that made us drool over Combat Evolved it was the multiplayer link sessions that we all had in the past when xbox live wasnt there.

but the one thing i saw when watchin this Flythrough is everyone Jetpacking…

:expressionless:

yer i dont know about you guys but i was pretty shocked to come by this Unoriginal style… as i was lookin forward to halo as it was about 11 - 10 years ago just with xbox live “as were my freinds and family of game crazy pychos” but it seems like they just repeated Halo ODSTs mistake… they brought us a campaign that we wanted… but when we went to are multiplayer discs it was basically no other then a map pack…

Logically if i knew they were gonna just kill Halo originals multiplayer atleast dont force me to buy a map pack for halo reach with my Halo Combat Evolved “Halo Anniversary” disk :confused:

“This is by far the most writing ive ever done in a forum” xD

Leave comments and tell me what you think :slight_smile:

Which is why there is going to be a classic playlist.

Frankie said that over LAN, you could cuss and hit your friends when they came at with the super pistol, however, over LIVE, you don get that luxury so some of Halo: CEs sandbox stuff may not work as well as it did over LAN.

Anniversary playlist. Gonna have basically a new balancing, probably no AAs.

I think you can play on these maps in Reach settings or the classic settings.

Classic Playlist will be alright on some standards… but it still doesnt change the fact that its just a map pack dude

Thanks for the comment though…

To Rookie: Lan can still be played though man… i mean just for the sake of classic thrills i play lan on halo reach.

Times can stay the same if you let em :slight_smile:

> I think you can play on these maps in Reach settings or the classic settings.

Then its a map pack dude xD

I agree with the OP. When I saw the jetpacking in that trailer, I was dissapoint.

If 343 wants to assure classic fans that the TU is going to have big changes, why didn’t they feature classic TU gameplay??

2 words:
Halo.
Fest.
:smiley:

> 2 words:
> Halo.
> Fest.
> :smiley:

And multiplayer update plus classic playlist.

> I agree with the OP. When I saw the jetpacking in that trailer, I was dissapoint.
>
> If 343 wants to assure classic fans that the TU is going to have big changes, why didn’t they feature classic TU gameplay??

They want to show the crowd that doesn’t care about the CE gameplay too much that it will still be fun for those people who don’t want to go back too.

> > I agree with the OP. When I saw the jetpacking in that trailer, I was dissapoint.
> >
> > If 343 wants to assure classic fans that the TU is going to have big changes, why didn’t they feature classic TU gameplay??
>
> They want to show the crowd that doesn’t care about the CE gameplay too much that it will still be fun for those people who don’t want to go back too.

Who is more unhappy right now. Those with AA’s up the yoink! in Reach, or those with only their memories of a classic Halo?

Come on, they will show the Classic Playlist with the new TU changes at Halo Fest, so just chill out people.

I felt the same, not with the Damnation flythrough but with the vid on Beaver Creek. In this case it wasn’t the abilities but how they’ve re-designed the map, instead of teleports behind the base there is now man lifts. I cant help think that this will deter team work, instead of throwing the flag up onto the roof so it falls ontop of the base or even better, inside the base for a second team mate to catch it, it will now only take one man to enter the base quickly through the back way; leaving three spartans to distract the opposing team.

> I agree with the OP. When I saw the jetpacking in that trailer, I was dissapoint.
>
> If 343 wants to assure classic fans that the TU is going to have big changes, why didn’t they feature classic TU gameplay??

man you people really need to put on your thinking caps. Their probably showing off reach game play since it is REACH their making the maps for and then showing off the campaign and Mp at Pax.

as for the dissappointment get over yourselves. you will most likely see halo returned to similar game play that of 1,2 and three in halo 4. personally I hope they keep coming up with ideas like AA’s and equipment. keeps it fresh and not repetitive.

Uh, actually it WAS the campaign that made CE great, and what made it game of the year.

> Uh, actually it WAS the campaign that made CE great, and what made it game of the year.

yup cuz single player is what made people have all of those lan parties…

Classic playlist, HELLO!

> > I agree with the OP. When I saw the jetpacking in that trailer, I was dissapoint.
> >
> > If 343 wants to assure classic fans that the TU is going to have big changes, why didn’t they feature classic TU gameplay??
>
> man you people really need to put on your thinking caps. Their probably showing off reach game play since it is REACH their making the maps for and then showing off the campaign and Mp at Pax.
>
> as for the dissappointment get over yourselves. you will most likely see halo returned to similar game play that of 1,2 and three in halo 4. personally I hope they keep coming up with ideas like AA’s and equipment. keeps it fresh and not repetitive.

Hey hey hey, gotta admit… Sprint and jetpack are… meh… okay…

but if they have jetpack they have the other rubbish with them “Evade, ARMOUR LOCK!!, Bubble Shield” its meant to be halo… with all these powers… its just one big mess…

people givin away kills because they fly in the air for everyone to see

people armour lockin to avoid death “So cheap and annoying”

its just not as in depth as halo C:E because damn… remember how fast your health could go down? on reachs system it takes the entire clip of an assault rifle to kill anyone and even then they coulld glow blue and invunerable “Armour Lock”

in halo CE multiplayer… if you were on low health which you would be in seconds… you couldnt just Armour lock…
so you had to be careful… Reach is more like an Arcade shoot em up…

> > > I agree with the OP. When I saw the jetpacking in that trailer, I was dissapoint.
> > >
> > > If 343 wants to assure classic fans that the TU is going to have big changes, why didn’t they feature classic TU gameplay??
> >
> > They want to show the crowd that doesn’t care about the CE gameplay too much that it will still be fun for those people who don’t want to go back too.
>
> Who is more unhappy right now. Those with AA’s up the yoink! in Reach, or those with only their memories of a classic Halo?

the point of anniversary was to show people what halo CE was so we could ReLive our memories… not so they could go back in time and… change it all xD

The campaign is the only bit of CE in the Anniversary package :confused: