Halo: Anniversary Master Chief's Helmet

With all due respect, the remake looks incredible, however, would you consider changing the Chief’s helmet? It seems to have a quirky disproportion to it and an outdated look as well…

And what version is his armor? IV or V or a combination?

Nice job to you and your staff on Halo: CE - way to execute.

Can’t wait to find out more about Halo: 4!

Thanks

I agree

343 did not make the Halo CE remake unfortunately.

Frankie already confirmed it won’t look like it did in the trailer.

> Frankie already confirmed it won’t look like it did in the trailer.

Where did he do that? Between here and Bungie.net, that’s probably the fourth time I’ve seen someone say Frankie’s confirmed something that I haven’t read in some media.

If he hasn’t confirmed it he should do it soon =P

The visor is way too tall and misshapen, here’s some images for comparison:

Anniversary
Reach

Anniversary
Original CE

> > Frankie already confirmed it won’t look like it did in the trailer.
>
> Where did he do that? Between here and Bungie.net, that’s probably the fourth time I’ve seen someone say Frankie’s confirmed something that I haven’t read in some media.

<a>
Let me find it

I saw the Anniversary Edition and I think its a great idea I’ve been hoping they do it. My only concern, but probably a minor one is the looks of master chief’s helmet. I think it should look more like the MJOLNIR Mk. V version from Reach. What do you guys think?

I don’t mind it, reminds you the game is old.

> I don’t mind it, reminds you the game is old.

So what your saying is your okay the way 343 is portraying Chief’s helmet in the teaser?

It wasn’t meant to be like that and it has been fixed.

> It wasn’t meant to be like that and it has been fixed.

So 343 is making Chief’s helmet look like the helmet from Reach?

> > I don’t mind it, reminds you the game is old.
>
> So what your saying is your okay the way 343 is portraying Chief’s helmet in the teaser?

I’m fine with it.

> (halo 4)Master Cheifs armor doesnt really look all that great, and cortana looks ugh…Can someone tell me about this. I mean whats going to happen to the super esxy cyber girl with a lean body, and master chief.

Master Chief looks awesome. I’m sure both his and Cortana’s design will change though.

> > It wasn’t meant to be like that and it has been fixed.
>
> So 343 is making Chief’s helmet look like the helmet from Reach?

All I know is that it has been fixed.

> > > Frankie already confirmed it won’t look like it did in the trailer.
> >
> > Where did he do that? Between here and Bungie.net, that’s probably the fourth time I’ve seen someone say Frankie’s confirmed something that I haven’t read in some media.
>
> <a>
> Let me find it

Please do. I’d love to hear that from the mouth of a 343 employee.

> > > > Frankie already confirmed it won’t look like it did in the trailer.
> > >
> > > Where did he do that? Between here and Bungie.net, that’s probably the fourth time I’ve seen someone say Frankie’s confirmed something that I haven’t read in some media.
> >
> > <a>
> > Let me find it
>
> Please do. I’d love to hear that from the mouth of a 343 employee.

Im guessing in one of his E3 interviews he has had like 5 just from him and there was one where he wants to do a Title update which was hinted at when they asked about Halo An Ce MM.

Besides they still have Halofest so im guessing most of our concerns via Halo Anniversery CE and H4 wil be adressed by then they do have 5 months till release.

Was it on the latest Sparkast?

> Frankie already confirmed it won’t look like it did in the trailer.

Where did you get this Info my friend.

First off, I am absolutely blown away by the Anniversary edition of the game, and after this post I will shut up and send all my money away to Microsoft. That said, how can they so accurate depict everything in the game, except The Chief!?

His helmet/visor is so disfigured, and in the trailer they have the misfortune of showing them back to back.
In the Cover Art the helmet looks like it is proper, but the difference between H:CE, the H:CEA cover art and the actual gameplay they are showing is so vastly different, and its a bad thing!

Im hoping that it is some sort of strange accident or a bug just some excuse, anything will do. If you arent as stirred by this as I am I have some pictures here that will show how big of a difference it is.

H:CE Master Chief
H:CEA Master Chief First Look

H:CE Cover
H:CEA Cover

Please 343, dont let my favorite ginger run around with a 5-head.

Also, very happy to come over to Waypoint forums, goodbye B.net, You served me well.
Hopefully the Halo community that Ive missed lately will flourish here :slight_smile: