Halo Anniversary campaign engine

We all know that the MP maps are done in the Reach engine. I was looking at screenshots of the marines in the campaign and they are the same character models from Reach.

Does the Halo CE Anniv campaign also use the Reach engine?

No. It utilizes two engines that run at once; the original CE engine and a custom engine layered on top of the CE code made by Saber Interactive.

From what I’ve gathered, the vast majority of character models in the initial trailer were placeholder. The trailer was made in a bit of a rush. Environments look largely complete though.

Awesome. Thanks for the info friend!

No problem at all.

> No. It utilizes two engines that run at once; the original CE engine and a custom engine layered on top of the CE code made by Saber Interactive.
>
> From what I’ve gathered, the vast majority of character models in the initial trailer were placeholder. The trailer was made in a bit of a rush. Environments look largely complete though.

I don’t think that’s true. What I believe they’re doing is using all of CE’s code for the “classic” mode (not sure if it’s the xbox or PC code, though), but they’re then using Reach’s rendering code but still CE’s physics, AI, etc, code for the CEA mode.

> > No. It utilizes two engines that run at once; the original CE engine and a custom engine layered on top of the CE code made by Saber Interactive.
> >
> > From what I’ve gathered, the vast majority of character models in the initial trailer were placeholder. The trailer was made in a bit of a rush. Environments look largely complete though.
>
> I don’t think that’s true. What I believe they’re doing is using all of CE’s code for the “classic” mode (not sure if it’s the xbox or PC code, though), but they’re then using Reach’s rendering code but still CE’s physics, AI, etc, code for the CEA mode.

This was actually my assumption as well, though I had no hard evidence one way or the other with one major exception.

The Halo ring itself viewable in the CE Anniv trailer is the exact same asset as the one viewable in Forge and Forged maps on Halo Reach.

> > No. It utilizes two engines that run at once; the original CE engine and a custom engine layered on top of the CE code made by Saber Interactive.
> >
> > From what I’ve gathered, the vast majority of character models in the initial trailer were placeholder. The trailer was made in a bit of a rush. Environments look largely complete though.
>
> I don’t think that’s true. What I believe they’re doing is using all of CE’s code for the “classic” mode (not sure if it’s the xbox or PC code, though), but they’re then using Reach’s rendering code but still CE’s physics, AI, etc, code for the CEA mode.

It’s already being confirmed that Saber built the new engine over the old one a while ago. Its definitely using CE’s physics and gut code. I wouldn’t be surprised if Saber’s engine was a modified Blam! (the Halo engine), but I highly doubt the final product is going to take wholesale from Reach. Basically, the environments were done by E3 and MS/343 wanted a trailer, so they used placeholder models for the game. If you look at the Flood in the background, they’re the models from Halo 3.

> > > No. It utilizes two engines that run at once; the original CE engine and a custom engine layered on top of the CE code made by Saber Interactive.
> > >
> > > From what I’ve gathered, the vast majority of character models in the initial trailer were placeholder. The trailer was made in a bit of a rush. Environments look largely complete though.
> >
> > I don’t think that’s true. What I believe they’re doing is using all of CE’s code for the “classic” mode (not sure if it’s the xbox or PC code, though), but they’re then using Reach’s rendering code but still CE’s physics, AI, etc, code for the CEA mode.
>
> It’s already being confirmed that Saber built the new engine over the old one a while ago. Its definitely using CE’s physics and gut code. I wouldn’t be surprised if Saber’s engine was a modified Blam! (the Halo engine), but I highly doubt the final product is going to take wholesale from Reach. Basically, the environments were done by E3 and MS/343 wanted a trailer, so they used placeholder models for the game. If you look at the Flood in the background, they’re the models from Halo 3.

There’s no way to tell if the Flood are from Halo 3. And 343 made the engine.

> > > > No. It utilizes two engines that run at once; the original CE engine and a custom engine layered on top of the CE code made by Saber Interactive.
> > > >
> > > > From what I’ve gathered, the vast majority of character models in the initial trailer were placeholder. The trailer was made in a bit of a rush. Environments look largely complete though.
> > >
> > > I don’t think that’s true. What I believe they’re doing is using all of CE’s code for the “classic” mode (not sure if it’s the xbox or PC code, though), but they’re then using Reach’s rendering code but still CE’s physics, AI, etc, code for the CEA mode.
> >
> > It’s already being confirmed that Saber built the new engine over the old one a while ago. Its definitely using CE’s physics and gut code. I wouldn’t be surprised if Saber’s engine was a modified Blam! (the Halo engine), but I highly doubt the final product is going to take wholesale from Reach. Basically, the environments were done by E3 and MS/343 wanted a trailer, so they used placeholder models for the game. If you look at the Flood in the background, they’re the models from Halo 3.
>
> There’s no way to tell if the Flood are from Halo 3. And 343 made the engine.

No, they didn’t. It was collaborative with Saber Interactive, with the latter handling the engine.

> > > > > No. It utilizes two engines that run at once; the original CE engine and a custom engine layered on top of the CE code made by Saber Interactive.
> > > > >
> > > > > From what I’ve gathered, the vast majority of character models in the initial trailer were placeholder. The trailer was made in a bit of a rush. Environments look largely complete though.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t think that’s true. What I believe they’re doing is using all of CE’s code for the “classic” mode (not sure if it’s the xbox or PC code, though), but they’re then using Reach’s rendering code but still CE’s physics, AI, etc, code for the CEA mode.
> > >
> > > It’s already being confirmed that Saber built the new engine over the old one a while ago. Its definitely using CE’s physics and gut code. I wouldn’t be surprised if Saber’s engine was a modified Blam! (the Halo engine), but I highly doubt the final product is going to take wholesale from Reach. Basically, the environments were done by E3 and MS/343 wanted a trailer, so they used placeholder models for the game. If you look at the Flood in the background, they’re the models from Halo 3.
> >
> > There’s no way to tell if the Flood are from Halo 3. And 343 made the engine.
>
> No, they didn’t. It was collaborative with Saber Interactive, with the latter handling the engine.

Yeah, the game is being developed in collaboration with Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity. In other words, Saber Interactive gets to handle the campaign engines and Certain Affinity gets to create the multiplayer maps while 343 oversees and makes sure the project is tidy and up to par. I’ll direct you to this thread. It should tell you everything you need to know about Halo: Anniversary, and if not, feel free to ask further questions there.

its the EXACT SAME game as halo CE with better graphics same engine and all (besides the skulls and terminals they added)