Halo Anniversary: Assault rifle MA5B

now the question is, witch assault rifle model will 343 industries use… ?
-the reach ma37 or
-the remake of ma5b ?

here can you see it:
http://youtu.be/em4A9tpN7UI?t=49s

in want to say the reach model looks cooler and i will have more fun… the ma5b remake is damn ugly…

if they the elites, grunts, poa at the ending of reach and the marines are not changing… and then the ar change, then i will pissed off… :,(

what do you think about this?

The redone CE’s AR will stay. Mostly for canon issues. CE’s assault rifle was a MA5B, and Halo Reach’s was a MA37, a different rifle; so if they used it in Anniversary they’d be breaking canon…

Canon should never come before gameplay and aesthetic design, especially with such a trivial issue as weapon model designation. The MA5B remake right now is ripped straight from Halo 3 and as has been illustrated already, poorly so. The pistol is also identical to the Halo 3 model currently beyond new textures. Is this what you want to spend money on? Because those assets have currently undergone zero improvements since Halo 3, a game released in 2007. The more information that comes out concerning Anniversary, the more it appears to be a cheap cash-in.

> Canon should never come before gameplay and aesthetic design, especially with such a trivial issue as weapon model designation. The MA5B remake right now is ripped straight from Halo 3 and as has been illustrated already, poorly so. The pistol is also identical to the Halo 3 model currently beyond new textures. Is this what you want to spend money on? Because those assets have currently undergone zero improvements since Halo 3, a game released in 2007. The more information that comes out concerning Anniversary, the more it appears to be a cheap cash-in.

It’s a remake of Halo 1 with better graphics, it’s not a reimagination, they must stick to what they already have. If not, they’ll piss off people who like Combat Evolved as well.
And is an assault rifle’s design so important?

> Canon should never come before gameplay and aesthetic design, especially with such a trivial issue as weapon model designation. The MA5B remake right now is ripped straight from Halo 3 and as has been illustrated already, poorly so. The pistol is also identical to the Halo 3 model currently beyond new textures.

This.

The Reach AR and Magnum looked so much better than the low-polygon version we have now.

> > Canon should never come before gameplay and aesthetic design, especially with such a trivial issue as weapon model designation. The MA5B remake right now is ripped straight from Halo 3 and as has been illustrated already, poorly so. The pistol is also identical to the Halo 3 model currently beyond new textures. Is this what you want to spend money on? Because those assets have currently undergone zero improvements since Halo 3, a game released in 2007. The more information that comes out concerning Anniversary, the more it appears to be a cheap cash-in.
>
> It’s a remake of Halo 1 with better graphics, it’s not a reimagination, they must stick to what they already have. If not, they’ll piss off people who like Combat Evolved as well.
> And is an assault rifle’s design so important?

Is one little detail about the canon in a graphical upgrade so important?

> > Canon should never come before gameplay and aesthetic design, especially with such a trivial issue as weapon model designation. The MA5B remake right now is ripped straight from Halo 3 and as has been illustrated already, poorly so. The pistol is also identical to the Halo 3 model currently beyond new textures. Is this what you want to spend money on? Because those assets have currently undergone zero improvements since Halo 3, a game released in 2007. The more information that comes out concerning Anniversary, the more it appears to be a cheap cash-in.
>
> It’s a remake of Halo 1 with better graphics, it’s not a reimagination, they must stick to what they already have. If not, they’ll piss off people who like Combat Evolved as well.
> And is an assault rifle’s design so important?

Just to make sure you understand, the current models for the Assault Rifle and Pistol in the trailer are actually directly ripped from Halo 3. The Assault Rifle as was illustrated earlier has been ripped from the wrong person perspective (third person as compared to the first person), lending to its even less detailed than normal look. The Pistol is identical to the Halo 3 Magnum in its model and has only been retextured as of now. These are models that were made pre-2007 being inserted into a game scheduled for a 2011 release.

To further drive home my point, the largest change for this release is that the game is being graphically redone and updated. How can you call this an update or blame the new graphics engine for using a model from Halo 3? If we want to be really technical, the model in Halo 3 is actually a different canonical designation than the one from Halo: CE; so is the Magnum model they’re using. But again, keep this in mind: They are using models directly ripped from Halo 3; models that are years old at this point and of the wrong designation (this eliminates canon being important) for a game that is focusing primarily on improving visuals.

Does the cash-in value of this game strike you yet?

> Canon should never come before gameplay and aesthetic design, especially with such a trivial issue as weapon model designation. The MA5B remake right now is ripped straight from Halo 3 and as has been illustrated already, poorly so. The pistol is also identical to the Halo 3 model currently beyond new textures. Is this what you want to spend money on? Because those assets have currently undergone zero improvements since Halo 3, a game released in 2007. The more information that comes out concerning Anniversary, the more it appears to be a cheap cash-in.

Halo 3 is an MA5C… so it is not ripped from halo 3.

> > Canon should never come before gameplay and aesthetic design, especially with such a trivial issue as weapon model designation. The MA5B remake right now is ripped straight from Halo 3 and as has been illustrated already, poorly so. The pistol is also identical to the Halo 3 model currently beyond new textures. Is this what you want to spend money on? Because those assets have currently undergone zero improvements since Halo 3, a game released in 2007. The more information that comes out concerning Anniversary, the more it appears to be a cheap cash-in.
>
> Halo 3 is an MA5C… so it is not ripped from halo 3.

Well it could be said that it’s a completely different variant altogether due to its mag having 60 bullets, and its design and polygon structure being ripped from Halo 3. Or just MA5B/C.

After seeing the CEA Demo on YouTube, I can say that even though we’ve barely seen the Grunt Funeral’s AR in action, the Reach Assault Rifle looks FAR better, and FAR more fun to use. The same goes for the Pistol TIMES TEN.

the campaign demo used an older build of the game

> After seeing the CEA Demo on YouTube, I can say that even though we’ve barely seen the Grunt Funeral’s AR in action, the Reach Assault Rifle looks FAR better, and FAR more fun to use. The same goes for the Pistol TIMES TEN.

The new MA5B of Combat Evolved isn’t finished, so the final one will look much better than Grunt Funeral’s video’s.

> > After seeing the CEA Demo on YouTube, I can say that even though we’ve barely seen the Grunt Funeral’s AR in action, the Reach Assault Rifle looks FAR better, and FAR more fun to use. The same goes for the Pistol TIMES TEN.
>
> The new MA5B of Combat Evolved isn’t finished, so the final one will look much better than Grunt Funeral’s video’s.

Hopefully. I just wanted to jump in the Demo shown on YouTube, an blast everyone away with that awesome Assault Rifle. The reloading tick can easily be fixed.

> Canon should never come before gameplay and aesthetic design, especially with such a trivial issue as weapon model designation. The MA5B remake right now is ripped straight from Halo 3 and as has been illustrated already, poorly so. The pistol is also identical to the Halo 3 model currently beyond new textures. Is this what you want to spend money on? Because those assets have currently undergone zero improvements since Halo 3, a game released in 2007. The more information that comes out concerning Anniversary, the more it appears to be a cheap cash-in.

Yes, Halo: CEA is exactly what I want to spend money on. I want to spend money on one of my favorite games of all time with outstanding graphical updates, achievements, and online co-op. The fact that you say “Is this what you want to spend money on?” when referring to the way two of the weapons look is absolutely insane. Is that what you base your purchases on?

The assault rifle looks exactly like the MA5B, as it should; the pistol looks pretty accurate as well. The weapons do not look like they were taken directly from Halo 3 at all.

The “new” assault rifle is also a place holder, it is the 3rd person model for the assault rifle from Halo 3.

most of the gameplay that was shown in the e3 trailer and the comic con gameplay had weapon placeholders.
(and hopefully marine placeholders).

Source; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REO4uKkYXY <<< Grunt Funeral Skull trailer
you can see the AR and pistol looks more like the ones in Halo ce.

I agree. i want the MA37 like in the demo trailer. PLEASE 343. The new MA5B looks TERRIBLE.

> most of the gameplay that was shown in the e3 trailer and the comic con gameplay had weapon placeholders.
> (and hopefully marine placeholders).
>
>
> Source; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REO4uKkYXY <<< Grunt Funeral Skull trailer
> you can see the AR and pistol looks more like the ones in Halo ce.

Are you sure you want the marines to change? If they’re changed to what they’re supposed to be, then we will get all kinds of stupid complaints about how they aren’t as detailed and they look boring.

> I agree. i want the MA37 like in the demo trailer. PLEASE 343. The new MA5B looks TERRIBLE.

what’s so hard to understand that we havn’t seen the actual assault rifle? the ones we have seen have been either unfinished or placeholders.

> Canon should never come before gameplay and aesthetic design, especially with such a trivial issue as weapon model designation. The MA5B remake right now is ripped straight from Halo 3 and as has been illustrated already, poorly so. The pistol is also identical to the Halo 3 model currently beyond new textures. Is this what you want to spend money on? Because those assets have currently undergone zero improvements since Halo 3, a game released in 2007. The more information that comes out concerning Anniversary, the more it appears to be a cheap cash-in.

I believe it’s the complete opposite, especially when in this case the model has no impact on gameplay. In a remakes case it goes canon>aesthetics, gameplay is left out because we already know it’s good and isn’t going to change. Only reason you people think the AR and pistol models don’t look good is because they’re not as highly detailed when it comes to polygons and in the pistol’s case texturing.

That’s exactly how the MA5B Assault Rifle would look if it was made with modern graphics, the weapon doesn’t even need a high polygon count because it’s shaped exactly like that. What comes to the pistol, only reason you think it looks bad to you is because it doesn’t have as much scratches as the Halo Reach model.

All the assets from the game have gone through improvement, it’s just that you lack the ability to distinguish the difference between low resolution and low amount of detail.