Halo and the Xbox One Elite Controller (Opinion)

First off I’d like to say that the Elite controller is GOOD but not GREAT.
When I first got My hands one of these I was like damn, I wasted coin on this. However, I got use to the feel and the at first clunky paddles. I also liked the long thumb stick, of which surprisingly seemed to make My accuracy improve (with a sore thumb).
I was customising My button layout for weeks mapping the best layout for Myself. In Halo 5 there are a heap of different controller settings, Default, Helljumper, Recon, Bumper Jumper, Fishstick etc. That is where it stops!
Let me explain.
Why not have an in game mapping feature for the Elite Controller? Your probably saying Maze, what are you talking about? You can already do that with the accessory app! Well der I know that but it causes problems. Example Map A to B, this causes problems such as… Warzone REQ stations, the screen says press B to exit and A is mapped to B so when I press B I select a REQ. XBOX MENU it causes the same problems. Map X to RB and when you hijack a vehicle it says press X when it’s RB, annoying. There are a heap of button combos you can do but it causes problems in game and out. However there is a switch on the controller 1 and 2, let’s say you optimised 1 for your Spartan and 2 for Aircraft. You got a Sniper, you got a Phaeton, you go high in sky, you wanna jump out and snipe something but depending on your settings you would need to Switch between 1 and 2 get headshot jump back in and switch between 1 and 2, etc.
Simply put it causes problems, I actually use to switch between 1 and 2 but it was ridiculous. The Elite Controller is meant to have ultimate customisation but it is actually limited because of these problems. Obviously not everyone would have these problems as it all depends on your button mapping.
I say there should be an in game feature in Halo for the Elite Controller to customise Vehicles and Spartans without having the possibility of these problems. (Why for the Elite Controller? MONOPOLY.)
So in my opinion the Elite Controller is good but could be way better.

I’d like an in-game mapping feature for all controllers.

I really don’t like any of the control schemes in the game. They all come so close to the control scheme I’m familiar with from previous Halo games but none of them give me the comfort I want.

I would like to do:

• Thruster on the X button. - Melee on the B button. - Reload on RB.
    I’m shocked that this isn’t a control scheme in the game already - it’s so much closer to how I’d have played the game in Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4.

I can remap my controller from the Xbox homescreen, but then I have to change it every time I play a different game.

I feel like in this current gen elite controllers should of been the standard controller cause as is the current gen controllers are worst than old gen controllers.

I don’t own an Elite controller but I say all next gen games should support an in game feature, for any controller! But yeah they’d want to monopolise.

Sounds good. I’d definitely want something like that.

> 2533274823779352;2:
> I’d like an in-game mapping feature for all controllers.
>
> I really don’t like any of the control schemes in the game. They all come so close to the control scheme I’m familiar with from previous Halo games but none of them give me the comfort I want.
>
> I would like to do: - Thruster on the X button. - Melee on the B button. - Reload on RB.I’m shocked that this isn’t a control scheme in the game already - it’s so much closer to how I’d have played the game in Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4.
>
> I can remap my controller from the Xbox homescreen, but then I have to change it every time I play a different game.

It would be nice if we could submit controller schemes.

My brother and I , long ago thought that being able to map the controller any way you wished would quickly become the standard for console games , as PC games had been doing this literally forever. The Console industry has been resistant to this change for some reason. I appreciate that the developers feel they can craft the best control scheme for their game , but each individual has their own taste and preferences , and you would think developers would have caught on by now. Surely it would be less or similar resource costs to make controls programmable , than it is to include five or six different schemes.