Halo and more video games coming to the big screen

Hello, I have a question that I am very curious to hear from everyone. With Sonic the Hedgehog doing an incredible job at the box office this year, is it possible that we could see more video game movies coming to the big screen? Maybe we can finally see video game franchises like Halo, Metal Gear Solid, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Gears of War coming to the big screen in live action?

> 2535434101253033;1:
> Hello, I have a question that I am very curious to hear from everyone. With Sonic the Hedgehog doing an incredible job at the box office this year, is it possible that we could see more video game movies coming to the big screen? Maybe we can finally see video game franchises like Halo, Metal Gear Solid, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Gears of War coming to the big screen in live action?

Historically, video games haven’t done that great because no one has really found the sweet spot between staying true to the story and changing things for the sake of adaption but with a high production value and good writers/director, a Halo movie would definitely be something I think could do well outside of the Halo community.

> 2533274889777733;2:
> > 2535434101253033;1:
> > Hello, I have a question that I am very curious to hear from everyone. With Sonic the Hedgehog doing an incredible job at the box office this year, is it possible that we could see more video game movies coming to the big screen? Maybe we can finally see video game franchises like Halo, Metal Gear Solid, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Gears of War coming to the big screen in live action?
>
> Historically, video games haven’t done that great because no one has really found the sweet spot between staying true to the story and changing things for the sake of adaption but with a high production value and good writers/director, a Halo movie would definitely be something I think could do well outside of the Halo community.

There is a lot of video games that I really want to see coming to the big screen in live action. There is one video game movie that I am very excited to see. A new Mortal Kombat movie coming out next year. I am very happy that the Mortal Kombat Franchise is getting another live action movie. I am also hoping that the upcoming Mortal Kombat reboot movie will finally show the rivalry between Scorpion and Sub-Zero. At the same time, I would love to see the Halo Franchise getting a live action movie. I can see a Halo live action movie going in a style of Saving Private Ryan and Star Wars especially as a big budget movie.

Maybe they could do a Netflix series, much like The Witcher did. Though I have my doubts about Halo translating well onto the screen like that - Metal Gear Solid and Gears would be awesome though.

While we have had Halo films already (Forward Unto Dawn and Nightfall), I don’t think Halo would do well on the big screen. If it looks bad from the trailers, many from the community wouldn’t see it, and to the general audience it would just be another generic sci-fi film. Either way, it would bomb at the box office, which is most likely why both previous films went straight to streaming and then home media release later.

Netflix produced things are mostly just okay, so I’d rather not a Netflix produced Halo series. Of course, just okay might be better than we might otherwise get.

We’re well past the prime of when a Halo movie would succeed. At this point, they’re better off pursuing the niches that they already are, like the TV series set for release next year.

So far, the only successful video game based movies have been based on more child friendly games, I.e detective pikachu( although it technically wasn’t very child friendly)and sonic the hedgehog, and the only reason DP was a success is nostalgia. So, no I don’t think a halo based movie would go over particularly well, but I’d still love to see one.