Halo and aim assist...

How will Halo (and other console games) ever truly become a competitive game if people are using aim assist? It’s a crutch and surely to show true skill, there should be no aim assist at all?

Just don’t understand why people are complaining about ranking systems and stuff when they are using what would essentially be a hack on games like Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2…

We’re using a controller, not a mouse. You go have fun playing without aim assist with an inaccurate joystick.

I’m just asking how is it a true representation of skill? People do just fine on Max Payne and red dead…

I’m nowhere near the best at halo, but even I can hit my own teamates with a dmr… it could work without aimassist as well, just, it’d be no fun.

> We’re using a controller, not a mouse. You go have fun playing without aim assist with an inaccurate joystick.

Amen!

> I’m just asking how is it a true representation of skill? People do just fine on Max Payne and red dead…

That’s “snap-to” targeting, Call of Duty has the same thing. Aim Assist is a little different.