Halo 6

So, we have so much that could happen in Halo 6, and so many characters running around. 343’s games and books have set up Halo 6 to be fascinating, but no fan yet knows what will actually happen. Will the Flood return? Will 343 kill off Osiris? Is Cortana the real villain? Is Mendicant Bias involved? What will become of the Ark situation? What will happen to Gray Team? Where is Rtas 'Vadum? What will happen to the Covenant? How will Halo 6 treat Blue Team? Will Arbiter have a more important part?

What are your ideas, theories, and questions for Halo 6?

I’m convinced Cortana was affected by the Logic Plague in Halo 2-3.
Also, I’m intrigued to see what happens with the Ark. It’s basically a superweapon factory outside of the reach of the Domain. Whoever controls it will be in a very unique position. Maybe Infinity will retreat there and meet up with/assist SoF.
Also very interested in what happens with Installation 04 C.

> 2533274913115363;2:
> I’m convinced Cortana was affected by the Logic Plague in Halo 2-3.
> Also, I’m intrigued to see what happens with the Ark. It’s basically a superweapon factory outside of the reach of the Domain. Whoever controls it will be in a very unique position. Maybe Infinity will retreat there and meet up with/assist SoF.
> Also very interested in what happens with Installation 04 C.

Yes. Why does Cortana have it? Anders removed the firing mechanism or whatever, so Cortana can’t really use it as a weapon anymore.

> 2535451171228485;3:
> > 2533274913115363;2:
> > I’m convinced Cortana was affected by the Logic Plague in Halo 2-3.
> > Also, I’m intrigued to see what happens with the Ark. It’s basically a superweapon factory outside of the reach of the Domain. Whoever controls it will be in a very unique position. Maybe Infinity will retreat there and meet up with/assist SoF.
> > Also very interested in what happens with Installation 04 C.
>
> Yes. Why does Cortana have it? Anders removed the firing mechanism or whatever, so Cortana can’t really use it as a weapon anymore.

Maybe she’s going to try and reactivate it? She’s probably capable of it being in control of the Domain and having had a Guardian intercept it.

> 2533274913115363;4:
> > 2535451171228485;3:
> > > 2533274913115363;2:
> > > I’m convinced Cortana was affected by the Logic Plague in Halo 2-3.
> > > Also, I’m intrigued to see what happens with the Ark. It’s basically a superweapon factory outside of the reach of the Domain. Whoever controls it will be in a very unique position. Maybe Infinity will retreat there and meet up with/assist SoF.
> > > Also very interested in what happens with Installation 04 C.
> >
> > Yes. Why does Cortana have it? Anders removed the firing mechanism or whatever, so Cortana can’t really use it as a weapon anymore.
>
> Maybe she’s going to try and reactivate it? She’s probably capable of it being in control of the Domain and having had a Guardian intercept it.

Hmm. Interesting…

> 2535451171228485;1:
>

Well, point by point -

Will the Flood return? **If I had to guess, probably not. Keeping it rated T instead of M, which is what MS wants right now.**Will 343 kill off Osiris? **If I had to guess, probably not. They just introduced them. I don’t want to see it, they have potential as characters, I want to see more of them.**Is Cortana the real villain? **Much as I loathe the Created storyline I don’t think they’re going anywhere yet and it does not appear they’re heading in the direction of revealing she’s under the control or direct influence of anyone else… so yeah, for the foreseeable future, sadly, she probably is. :/**Is Mendicant Bias involved? **If I had to guess, probably not. Too EU-centric for their new philosophy of “simplified storytelling”. That’s not to say I believe they couldn’t find a way to explain him to the casuals, but they’d have to want to be bothered.**What will become of the Ark situation? **The Ark could certainly be a likely place for the mainline story to head, both because it gives them shelter from the Created and because it gives us a chance to introduce the Banished into the FPS games. We could see the mainline and HW2 storylines intersect at some point, although I’m betting it won’t be early in Halo 6. Maybe in HW3 or Halo 7.**What will happen to Gray Team? Good question, dunno whether to think they are going to enter the mainline narrative or not. Will have to read Envoy first. Where is Rtas 'Vadum? __As far as I know he’s still in command of Shadow of Intent, off on the mission the Arbiter left him with at the end of the short story of the same name. He’s alive. Would like to see him come back.__What will happen to the Covenant? Heh, even though they’ve been defeated about 97 times now, I would not be surprised to see them return again. How will Halo 6 treat Blue Team? Will Arbiter have a more important part? God I hope they have bigger roles than they did in Halo 5, that’s all I know. All just my opinions.

EDIT: I tried to put returns after each question but for some reason they aren’t saving, thus the wall of text.

I think we will see lot more questions answered and opened in Halo 6 depending on who joins and if flood come back and so on. I think 343 will be going to maybe use this as way to answer lot questions personally.

Besides people and flood joining I do think as UKilledYapflip stated.

> The Ark could certainly be a likely place for the mainline story to head, both because it gives them shelter from the Created and because it gives us a chance to introduce the Banished into the FPS games. We could see the mainline and HW2 storylines intersect at some point, although I’m betting it won’t be early in Halo 6. Maybe in HW3 or Halo 7.

I do believe covenant as we know the collision of species over after assassination of leader in Halo 5. If new covenant was to arise it possible really wouldn’t surprise me but I do believe this be fight with Arbiter fleet and his other ship masters along with UNSC against who is real enemy and puppeteer. I would like to see old races of covenant join if new collision starts up and maybe when things get dicey maybe Banished join as enemy of my enemy as I don’t think he wants to loose to but of rouge AI either! That what I think will and not happen for most of it.

There’s a theory going around with the recent discovery that the Forerunner artifact on Reach holds the coordinates to Maethrillian and the hub of the Domain, but I’m not sure how the Ark or Installation 04C fit into that, beyond the fact that Installation 04C was stopped prematurely by Cortana on it’s route to replace Installation 04A, which we know is somewhere near Reach, galactically speaking.
It’s likely that the Ark being unaccessable to the Domain could play into its role, but beyond that I’m not sure.

The only one I’m convinced of is that the “evil” Cortana isn’t actually the Cortana that helped Chief in Halo 1-4. I believe she’s one of Cortana’s fractured personalities from 4 that somehow survived.
I’m not sure if “good” Cortana or “original” Cortana will show up, but some form of Cortana will show up to help save the day. The way I see it, why would Microsoft allow 343i to make Cortana evil, and then have her be their mascot for Windows 10? That’s poor marketing. And Halo 4 left more then enough clauses (Cortana’s personalities fracturing, hardlight transfers, and being able to digitize life and make life out of digital information etc) that 343i can pretty much do anything with her.

> 2535415966174493;9:
> The only one I’m convinced of is that the “evil” Cortana isn’t actually the Cortana that helped Chief in Halo 1-4. I believe she’s one of Cortana’s fractured personalities from 4 that somehow survived.
> I’m not sure if “good” Cortana or “original” Cortana will show up, but some form of Cortana will show up to help save the day. The way I see it, why would Microsoft allow 343i to make Cortana evil, and then have her be their mascot for Windows 10? That’s poor marketing. And Halo 4 left more then enough clauses (Cortana’s personalities fracturing, hardlight transfers, and being able to digitize life and make life out of digital information etc) that 343i can pretty much do anything with her.

That’s a really good point, I never thought of the Microsoft marketing side of things.
This gives me more hope that it’s not the same Cortana we loved over 4 previous games.

> 2535451171228485;1:
> So, we have so much that could happen in Halo 6, and so many characters running around. 343’s games and books have set up Halo 6 to be fascinating, but no fan yet knows what will actually happen. Will the Flood return?

It’s possible that the Flood may return… but I wouldn’t say that it’s necessarily guaranteed.

> Will 343 kill off Osiris?

No, and I’d rather they not.

> Is Cortana the real villain?

At this point, I don’t even care. Just kill her and get it over with.

With that out of the way, I’m going to say that, yes, Cortana is probably the real villain, but she isn’t the Cortana that we knew.

> Is Mendicant Bias involved?

Possibly, but, as UKilledYapflip said, Mendicant Bias is just too out there in the auxiliary media to really fit the concept of ‘simpler stories’ (or whatever the hell 343 is saying).

> What will become of the Ark situation?

Probably nothing. Constant stalemate between CFV-88’s personnel and the Banished. At least until the other inter-planetary organizations stumble upon Installation 00.

> What will happen to Gray Team?

They’ll probably make it out of Envoy alive, but probably won’t appear in Halo 6.

> Where is Rtas 'Vadum?

Busy looking for San’Shyuum.

> What will happen to the Covenant?

REMNANT FACTIONS FOR EVERYBODY!

No, seriously, they’ll just give us another Covenant remnant for us to fight.

> How will Halo 6 treat Blue Team?

Hopefully better. Give them some character development and a bigger role in the campaign, ideally.

Or they’ll just toss them because ‘simpler stories’.

> Will Arbiter have a more important part?

Maybe. Depends on what they plan on doing with this mess that they’ve Created.

> What are your ideas, theories, and questions for Halo 6?

My main question is:
How long is this crap with the Created going to last?

I just want to move past it because I think the concept of the Created is stupid and I hate it.

Well after the recent interview with 343i. They now get that sidelining Master Chief is very very bad idea. So halo 6 will most probably focus gameplay wise on master cheif either all game if they want to take no risks with a backlash, or at least a good 70% of it. So with that in mind will they axe off osirs team? probably. Lock? maybe, or at least side line him quite abit.
As for blue team they will probably keep them in as they are loved so they dare not side line them like chief either lol.

As for story, we’re probably get the revelation that cortana isnt all she apears to be. Mendicant Bias might make his debu in halo games, if you go back and watch the “wink” halo 6 trailer then that gives you an idea that he might be in it and where halo is going story wise.
I wouldnt be surprsied if we also see a return of 343 guilty spark in some form.

Then there is the cross over for halo wars 2. They made that story link into halo 6 so as to set up the state of things. For exanple, now that the covenant are over, we need a reason to still fight them right as there an important part of halo. So now we have that with the brutes and his army. We also have the halo rings back in play and some of the new characters from halo wars 2 that will at some point help out the crew who are left at the end of h5.

As for the flood, where there is halo rings there are flood. They will be back, but my guess is they wont show up until the very very end of halo 6.

> 2555390681439134;12:
> As for the flood, where there is halo rings there are flood. They will be back, but my guess is they wont show up until the very very end of halo 6.

That could be an awesomely tense and ominous set-up for the next installment. Imagine:
Everything in Halo 6 leads up to and hints at this. The Created and those who resist their rule battle it out through the campaign, oblivious to the danger that threatens the galaxy once more.
Unbeknownst to both parties, the Guardian situation was set up by the flood to make the galaxy easier to infect (Think about it, planet-wide EMPS from a guardian make those planets ripe for the taking).
Maybe Blue Team realises what’s going on and tries to stop it. But they’re too late: The game closes in some ominous way; infection forms spilling out of a breached wall, familiar howling coming from a darkened doorway, a closing shot of tentacles and low laughter.
They could do so much with this.

> 2535451171228485;3:
> > 2533274913115363;2:
> > I’m convinced Cortana was affected by the Logic Plague in Halo 2-3.
> > Also, I’m intrigued to see what happens with the Ark. It’s basically a superweapon factory outside of the reach of the Domain. Whoever controls it will be in a very unique position. Maybe Infinity will retreat there and meet up with/assist SoF.
> > Also very interested in what happens with Installation 04 C.
>
> Yes. Why does Cortana have it? Anders removed the firing mechanism or whatever, so Cortana can’t really use it as a weapon anymore.

My guess is either she will just take control of them so no one will be able to use them. It is slightly feezable that she knows that the last time all of them were fired it severely damaged the Domain and she doesn’t want that to happen again. If it did it would damage/destroy the Created’s ‘Fountain of Youth’. The next use that she would have for them is to compose every 'intelligent organic life form in the galaxy. If they’re all A.I.'s there would be no fighting. Although it really wouldn’t make sense to terraform the planets if this was her plan. Probably when she disables them thats when the Flood would return. That is what the ring were built for anyway.

> 2535415966174493;9:
> The only one I’m convinced of is that the “evil” Cortana isn’t actually the Cortana that helped Chief in Halo 1-4. I believe she’s one of Cortana’s fractured personalities from 4 that somehow survived.

Welcome. Just in case you are not aware, if you don’t read the books, the “fractured” part was confirmed in a comic book late last year. So yes, this is a fragment of the original…

… except quite a few of us aren’t sure what to make of that, whether that means this is the “same” character or not. I can kind of see an argument that it isn’t, that this is a duplicate, perhaps incomplete, corrupted copy of her program and they should just spin H5!Cortana as a different character going forward… buuuut at the same time, I can also see the argument that fragments of her, is still her. If an AI’s “DNA” is their code, and her original code is still in there, is it “really” a different character?? That gets us into a much deeper metaphysical discussion about what really constitutes a person in the first place.

Personally, going forward I want to see them do the former and spin her as a different character, NOT because it’s a perfect solution, because it isn’t, but to make the best out of a bad situation and give us some semblance of closure for “Cortana 1.0”, who really is still dead, has some dignity restored to her character, and we can all move on. Just my opinion.

I really would not be surprised if turned into Chief going round collecting her fragments to restore or oppose evil one in some way. They already said that Halo 6 will focus on Master Chief but if this fragment is around must be others?

> 2533274814908062;16:
> I really would not be surprised if turned into Chief going round collecting her fragments to restore or oppose evil one in some way. They already said that Halo 6 will focus on Master Chief but if this fragment is around must be others?

That sounds nice.

> 2533274961806222;15:
> > 2535415966174493;9:
> > The only one I’m convinced of is that the “evil” Cortana isn’t actually the Cortana that helped Chief in Halo 1-4. I believe she’s one of Cortana’s fractured personalities from 4 that somehow survived.
>
> Welcome. Just in case you are not aware, if you don’t read the books, the “fractured” part was confirmed in a comic book late last year. So yes, this is a fragment of the original…
>
> … except quite a few of us aren’t sure what to make of that, whether that means this is the “same” character or not. I can kind of see an argument that it isn’t, that this is a duplicate, perhaps incomplete, corrupted copy of her program and they should just spin H5!Cortana as a different character going forward… buuuut at the same time, I can also see the argument that fragments of her, is still her. If an AI’s “DNA” is their code, and her original code is still in there, is it “really” a different character?? That gets us into a much deeper metaphysical discussion about what really constitutes a person in the first place.
>
> Personally, going forward I want to see them do the former and spin her as a different character, NOT because it’s a perfect solution, because it isn’t, but to make the best out of a bad situation and give us some semblance of closure for “Cortana 1.0”, who really is still dead, has some dignity restored to her character, and we can all move on. Just my opinion.

Agreed. I think H5! Cortana does a disservice to what her character was intended to be in every single one of her previous appearances. They could do some interesting storytelling with it, but in my mind it’s essential that they make clear that something’s wrong, she’s not in her right mind or isn’t actually the same character any more.

If this is the last game of the reclaimer saga then I guarantee the flood will return. If it isn’t then I guess it’s up in the air. But the flood will return at some point to test the power of humanity. The flood were not defeated in the original trilogy, that was simply a containment outbreak

> 2533274913115363;18:
> > 2533274961806222;15:
> > > 2535415966174493;9:
> > > The only one I’m convinced of is that the “evil” Cortana isn’t actually the Cortana that helped Chief in Halo 1-4. I believe she’s one of Cortana’s fractured personalities from 4 that somehow survived.
> >
> > Welcome. Just in case you are not aware, if you don’t read the books, the “fractured” part was confirmed in a comic book late last year. So yes, this is a fragment of the original…
> >
> > … except quite a few of us aren’t sure what to make of that, whether that means this is the “same” character or not. I can kind of see an argument that it isn’t, that this is a duplicate, perhaps incomplete, corrupted copy of her program and they should just spin H5!Cortana as a different character going forward… buuuut at the same time, I can also see the argument that fragments of her, is still her. If an AI’s “DNA” is their code, and her original code is still in there, is it “really” a different character?? That gets us into a much deeper metaphysical discussion about what really constitutes a person in the first place.
> >
> > Personally, going forward I want to see them do the former and spin her as a different character, NOT because it’s a perfect solution, because it isn’t, but to make the best out of a bad situation and give us some semblance of closure for “Cortana 1.0”, who really is still dead, has some dignity restored to her character, and we can all move on. Just my opinion.
>
> Agreed. I think H5! Cortana does a disservice to what her character was intended to be in every single one of her previous appearances. They could do some interesting storytelling with it, but in my mind it’s essential that they make clear that something’s wrong, she’s not in her right mind or isn’t actually the same character any more.

Yes!! Lets keep it simple. No more subtlety.