Halo: 6 years later

Hi everyone,

I don’t know if the question has been already asked, and I don’t know if you can answer me, but I just wanted to know if, with all the changes and developments in online gaming brought especially by Fortnite, ApeX, CoD Warzone, etc…is there a chance we could see new game modes (besides the classic matchmaking modes) similar (not equal) to Battle Royale, Open-World exploration (like Gears 5 did, or Destiny 2 planets and modes) ? and of course, I hope we will have Horde mode too.

Thanks to those who will have the patience to answer.

Can’t wait to play Infinite’s campaign…I m one of those few ones who have been playing to Halo since its first title, and for me at least, the campaign is still very important, unlike many others nowadays who just buy the game to play online…anyway, thank you again, peace out.

I would imagine they will concentrate on the ‘classics’ for release. The usual play lists (Slayer, BTB, CTF, etc) and whatever form of invasion / warzone they are going to push in Infinite.

After that they may then start to look at being a bit experimental.

I also expect Forge and Scripting to take off. This will be the first Halo game where the engine has been built with Forging in mind. I am expecting a huge leap in what can be done. And if there are similar leaps in Scripting then we will see a huge array of game types in custom games.

There are a lot of talented Forgers and Scripter out there.

Oh yes. I’d totally love a Halo Battle Royale. It would bring new players to Halo.

First: The questions you have have been asked several times.

Second: I would rather them focus on keeping Halo 5’s multiplayer systems rather than invent new ones. And certainly not a Battle Royale. A Battle Royale is a small trend slowly dying out and is a waste of development time. Let the players handle that in Forge.

343 needs to improve on Forge, Warzone, and Firefight. Not make new modes.

Forge needs to get massive budget increases to let players get more creative.

Warzone needs to go from a 12 v 12 v All to a 50 V 50 V All at minimum. If Halo 1 Custom Edition PC can host games of over 100 players, I think Halo: Infinite could do the same.

Firefight needs to return. And get a small overhaul to include better variations. Especially my favorite mode: Gruntpocolypse.

Focus on what we have. Not what we don’t.

HaloBungie343I

I love Halo, and I m the first one who doesn’t want (big) changes to the matchmaking, but i also think that Halo needs some improvements and changes, it has to be up to date with the current times. First of all because that’s what developers do, they evolve, they progress, they all must work to keep the game alive with new things that bring people to buy the game, and not just the same old fans which will always buy the game, but also new players, young kids, as FestivHunter said, new modes (I m talking about a couple, even 1 would do good) would definitely bring new players to Halo, and new players means more followers/fans so more money for them. Personally I’m not a fan of BR, never was, I would even be perfectly happy with a good campaign, classic matchmaking and a good Horde/Firefight mode (I personally don’t care about Forge, I ve never used it and I’m not planning to use it in the near future :slight_smile: ), but I’m also aware of the huge success of games like Fortnite, then ApeX and then CoD Warzone (which when got out literally destroyed all competitors) had in the last few years. So i was just thinking that it would be an amazing marketing move for Halo to introduce some innovations, just some fresh air to breathe (they had 6 years to develop something new, so i strongly hope they did), which personally I would like, especially because I’ve been playing to the matchmaking since idk how many years now, and I’m not the only one (i’ve many friends who agree with me) who now is tired and bored of playing always the same modes, in fact it’s been a while now that we uninstalled Halo 5, cause we got tired and prefer to play to Gears 5 or Destiny 2, which is absolutely amazing by the way, contrary to what I first thought.

> 2535432806702036;4:
> First: The questions you have have been asked several times.
>
> Second: I would rather them focus on keeping Halo 5’s multiplayer systems rather than invent new ones. And certainly not a Battle Royale. A Battle Royale is a small trend slowly dying out and is a waste of development time. Let the players handle that in Forge.
>
> 343 needs to improve on Forge, Warzone, and Firefight. Not make new modes.
>
> Forge needs to get massive budget increases to let players get more creative.
>
> Warzone needs to go from a 12 v 12 v All to a 50 V 50 V All at minimum. If Halo 1 Custom Edition PC can host games of over 100 players, I think Halo: Infinite could do the same.
>
> Firefight needs to return. And get a small overhaul to include better variations. Especially my favorite mode: Gruntpocolypse.
>
> Focus on what we have. Not what we don’t.

You don’t want 343I to make new modes, yet you’re advocating for one of their newest modes that they did. What’s to say that they don’t make some new mode that you like even more than warzone :thinking: it’s entirely possible!

Now I’m not a big fan of Battle Royale, but how did you come to the conclusion that it’s dying??? Have you seen the latest numbers of the amount of people playing call of duty war zone for example??? It’s hardly dying! Far from it! I wouldn’t have a problem with them doing a Halo Battle Royale, but I do feel like it should be its own separate game though.

Personally, I want 343I to scrape Warzone entirely as I feel like it didn’t play like Halo at all and took away resources from so many other modes of the game, especially BTB. Warzone is an interesting idea but all it does is divide the community even more.

I want 343I to focus on the core playlists…Team Slayer, Doubles, SWAT, BTB, FFA, etc. I want Firefight to return, especially ODST style, arguably the most popular one and forge needs to keep expanding as well.

> 2533274815533909;6:
> > 2535432806702036;4:
> > First: The questions you have have been asked several times.
> >
> > Second: I would rather them focus on keeping Halo 5’s multiplayer systems rather than invent new ones. And certainly not a Battle Royale. A Battle Royale is a small trend slowly dying out and is a waste of development time. Let the players handle that in Forge.
> >
> > 343 needs to improve on Forge, Warzone, and Firefight. Not make new modes.
> >
> > Forge needs to get massive budget increases to let players get more creative.
> >
> > Warzone needs to go from a 12 v 12 v All to a 50 V 50 V All at minimum. If Halo 1 Custom Edition PC can host games of over 100 players, I think Halo: Infinite could do the same.
> >
> > Firefight needs to return. And get a small overhaul to include better variations. Especially my favorite mode: Gruntpocolypse.
> >
> > Focus on what we have. Not what we don’t.
>
> You don’t want 343I to make new modes, yet you’re advocating for one of their newest modes that they did. What’s to say that they don’t make some new mode that you like even more than warzone :thinking: it’s entirely possible!

I don’t want to see new modes like a Battle Royale or something drastic like that. Mode variations are a different story. And perhaps you’re right. But nothing has beaten Slayer for me since 2001. Not even Warzone. Warzone is my second favorite.

> Now I’m not a big fan of Battle Royale, but how did you come to the conclusion that it’s dying??? Have you seen the latest numbers of the amount of people playing call of duty war zone for example??? It’s hardly dying! Far from it! I wouldn’t have a problem with them doing a Halo Battle Royale, but I do feel like it should be its own separate game though.

If it isn’t dying, why did Fortnite and PUBG add bots to their lobbies? Unless there is news I am missing? As to Modern Warfare’s Warzone, not a bad BR, but not something I can see Halo doing. Apex Legends is boring too.

> Personally, I want 343I to scrape Warzone entirely as I feel like it didn’t play like Halo at all and took away resources from so many other modes of the game, especially BTB. Warzone is an interesting idea but all it does is divide the community even more.

Warzone is one of the reasons Halo 5 did well. Halo 5’s campaign was absolutely awful. But the multiplayer made up for it. And Star Wars Battlefront II (EA) and Battlefront II (Lucas Arts) show this game mode is really good!

> I want 343I to focus on the core playlists…Team Slayer, Doubles, SWAT, BTB, FFA, etc. I want Firefight to return, especially ODST style, arguably the most popular one and forge needs to keep expanding as well.

This I agree with. If they did drop Warzone, I could live with it. As long as the battle Royale was not added and focus went to this, I’d be happy.

> I love Halo, and I m the first one who doesn’t want (big) changes to the matchmaking, but i also think that Halo needs some improvements and changes, it has to be up to date with the current times. First of all because that’s what developers do, they evolve, they progress, they all must work to keep the game alive with new things that bring people to buy the game, and not just the same old fans which will always buy the game, but also new players, young kids, as FestivHunter said, new modes (I m talking about a couple, even 1 would do good) would definitely bring new players to Halo, and new players means more followers/fans so more money for them. Personally I’m not a fan of BR, never was, I would even be perfectly happy with a good campaign, classic matchmaking and a good Horde/Firefight mode (I personally don’t care about Forge, I ve never used it and I’m not planning to use it in the near future :slight_smile: ), but I’m also aware of the huge success of games like Fortnite, then ApeX and then CoD Warzone (which when got out literally destroyed all competitors) had in the last few years. So i was just thinking that it would be an amazing marketing move for Halo to introduce some innovations, just some fresh air to breathe (they had 6 years to develop something new, so i strongly hope they did), which personally I would like, especially because I’ve been playing to the matchmaking since idk how many years now, and I’m not the only one (i’ve many friends who agree with me) who now is tired and bored of playing always the same modes, in fact it’s been a while now that we uninstalled Halo 5, cause we got tired and prefer to play to Gears 5 or Destiny 2, which is absolutely amazing by the way, contrary to what I first thought.

x7XSupremacYX7xI agree it needs improvements and changes. I am talking drastic ones. I think things need to be upscaled or maybe new variations to existing game modes. Not something major like a Battle Royale or something major along that scale. Many improvements are needed. I’d say a bigger and less messy Warzone. The current one is ok. But it is a little too chaotic. Maybe an overhaul to the REQ system or it’s removal would work. Make it more like an arena style and have the vehicles on the map instead. And maybe a new variation of Slayer. I saw one post that mentioned a melee only slayer. Basically it would work like Halo 2’s Sword only Oddball. But without the Oddball. Or Hammers only. When I say new game modes, I don’t mean new types of already existing modes.

I am a big Forger. I have recreated several Halo 1 multiplayer maps already. Battle Creek, Chiron-234, Gephyrophobia, among others. So, Forge will be a big deal for me! :slight_smile:

There’s a demo out if you haven’t seen it. It looks to be semi open world. So far we don’t know anything about modes. The devs have said in the past that the only BR they’re interested in is the Battle Rifle, but that was quite a while ago. The game is supposed to be a 10 year platform for Halo so I wouldn’t surprised at all to see a battle royale sometime down the road if not at launch.