Halo 6, Too Soon?

This may seem fairly premature to talk about right now, with Halo 5 not even out yet. But with games usually beginning their planning/concept stages and even early development prior to the release of their current title, I believe this prime time fof us, the Halo community, to let ourselves be heard.

Here’s what I want to see added to Halo 6:

- Forgable/Customizable Warzone maps/ gametypes

• New reinvigorated variant of Halo 3’s 'equipment’, after playing Halo 3 again on the MCC, I can definitively say that equipment was my favorite part of that game, things like bubble shield adding a new dynamic to gameplay we hadn’t seen in games prior.

• New UNSC flying vehicle, haven’t had one since Reach, and they allways were the funnest vehicles in the game to pilot.

- In depth file browser at launch, pretty self explanatory

• A.I. in forge

- Pilot able Pelicans and Phantoms for Forge/Customs, Longshot but I can dream.

So please, leave your opinions down below about what you want to see reintroduced or added to Halo’s next premier title.

My list is… well, most of your list actually. Especially the A.I. being in Customs and editable in Forge.

I would also have to add customizable Warzone and Firefight to that list as well and make them Forge friendly too. That would truly be going out with a bang.

Too soon. Maybe seven months after h5 release.

> 2533274909139271;3:
> Too soon. Maybe seven months after h5 release.

I think even that is still too soon.

> - In depth file browser at launch, pretty self explanatory

A dubious item has all but confirmed this particular request, so I think it is safe to assume this will be in Halo 6.

Personally the stuff I’d want could as far as I know, be in Halo 5. I’d like faction specific forge objects and maybe even overgrown/flood infested objects. Most of what I’d like to see in Halo 6 is just an expansion of the forge sandbox, but a full blown terrain editor would also be nice. It’d be nice if 343 also expounded upon the Spartan abilities giving them smoother animation transitions and such.

If this isn’t included in Halo 5 I’d also like to see something akin to Bungie Favorites; a featured files and creators thing if you will. I’ll come back to this post once Halo 5 has dropped and I have some wants from the next part in the franchise.

They’re probably working on Halo 6 right now. At least some department is. Halo 5’s got to be finished by now and just going through some bug fixes and polish, and I’m sure it doesn’t take the whole team to do that.

My Wishlist (will add on later):

• Custom games browser - AI, weather control, landscape control, biome pieces, and Covenant-style blocks for Forge. - Return of Brute weapons and vehicles (the spiker being useful), the Needle Rifle, and just new weapons in general. - More flying vehicles - More diverse kinds of vehicles (wall-climbers, camoed light vehicles, etc) - Possible split-screen return - Possible Firefight return - A new melee weapon (preferably Promethean) - Customizable HUD (positioning, color, shield/health bar shape) - Full armor customization (at least give our shoulders back! ) - Lack of sprint (this probably won’t happen, but a guy can dream :relaxed:) - More urban-style maps - More Covenant-based maps - Animal AI - Grand return of the Flood - Appearance of a Prophet - Appearance of Halo rings in campaign - More rock/electric guitar tracks in campaign

> 2533274869175296;1:
> This may seem fairly premature to talk about right now, with Halo 5 not even out yet.

That’s because it is.

One of the things I want for Halo 6 would be the capacity of use a new species, not as an Elite, maybe a Forerunner, and also the return of Yanme’e as enemies.

> 2533274867157068;7:
> My Wishlist (will add on later):
>
> - Custom games browser
> - AI, weather control, landscape control, biome pieces, and Covenant-style blocks for Forge.
> - Return of Brute weapons and vehicles (the spiker being useful), the Needle Rifle, and just new weapons in general.
> - More flying vehicles
> - More diverse kinds of vehicles (wall-climbers, camoed light vehicles, etc)
> - Possible split-screen return
> - Possible Firefight return
> - A new melee weapon (preferably Promethean)
> - Customizable HUD (positioning, color, shield/health bar shape)
> - Full armor customization (at least give our shoulders back! )
> - Lack of sprint (this probably won’t happen, but a guy can dream :relaxed:)
> - More urban-style maps
> - More Covenant-based maps
> - Animal AI
> - Grand return of the Flood
> - Appearance of a Prophet
> - Appearance of Halo rings in campaign
> - More rock/electric guitar tracks in campaign

One can dream.

Splitscreen.

Everything else is gravy. I’d like Firefight too; here’s hoping a PvE will make it into Warzone.

They did add equipment.

I personally liked the Needle Rifle from Reach. Like to see it again and more weapons. Halo has custom built PVP made for balance but also modes that are just chaoticly fun.

> 2533274913936758;8:
> > 2533274869175296;1:
> > This may seem fairly premature to talk about right now, with Halo 5 not even out yet.
>
>
> That’s because it is.

What you have to understand is, in today’s development cycle, games start their development sometimes months before the current game is released. People whom complain about things added to the game or left out, ie: splitscreen, need to realize that at this stage in Halo 5’s development I t is too late to add that feature. Those whom have ideas for direction for Halo 6 need to say them now. Because after this idea phase is done, the likely hood of anything substantial being added to the game via fan feedback is significantly lower.

> 2535455905503287;12:
> They did add equipment.

I would like equipment from halo 3, ie: bubble shield, regen field, trip mine, etc… make its return in Halo 6. They were only in Halo 3 though

> 2533274869175296;14:
> > 2533274913936758;8:
> > > 2533274869175296;1:
> > > This may seem fairly premature to talk about right now, with Halo 5 not even out yet.
> >
> >
> > That’s because it is.
>
>
> What you have to understand is, in today’s development cycle, games start their development sometimes months before the current game is released. People whom complain about things added to the game or left out, ie: splitscreen, need to realize that at this stage in Halo 5’s development I t is too late to add that feature. Those whom have ideas for direction for Halo 6 need to say them now. Because after this idea phase is done, the likely hood of anything substantial being added to the game via fan feedback is significantly lower.

I do understand dev cycles.

Splitscreen was removed because of hardware limitations on the xbox one. No amount of protesting and whining is bringing it back unless you want to take a pretty severe graphical hit. If that means losing 60 fps then I will be 100% against splitscreen.

When 343 wants ideas for H6 they’ll have a forum for it.

> 2533274812935863;4:
> > 2533274909139271;3:
> > Too soon. Maybe seven months after h5 release.
>
>
> I think even that is still too soon.

You have to get your ideas out during the concept phase of Halo 6’s development. Typically that begins shortly before the current games release. So now…

> 2533274795204542;2:
> My list is… well, most of your list actually. Especially the A.I. being in Customs and editable in Forge.
>
> I would also have to add customizable Warzone and Firefight to that list as well and make them Forge friendly too. That would truly be going out with a bang.

Good points, I’ll add them to the list

> 2533274913936758;16:
> > 2533274869175296;14:
> > > 2533274913936758;8:
> > > > 2533274869175296;1:
> > > > This may seem fairly premature to talk about right now, with Halo 5 not even out yet.
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s because it is.
> >
> >
> > What you have to understand is, in today’s development cycle, games start their development sometimes months before the current game is released. People whom complain about things added to the game or left out, ie: splitscreen, need to realize that at this stage in Halo 5’s development I t is too late to add that feature. Those whom have ideas for direction for Halo 6 need to say them now. Because after this idea phase is done, the likely hood of anything substantial being added to the game via fan feedback is significantly lower.
>
>
> I do understand dev cycles.
>
> Splitscreen was removed because of hardware limitations on the xbox one. No amount of protesting and whining is bringing it back unless you want to take a pretty severe graphical hit. If that means losing 60 fps then I will be 100% against splitscreen.
>
> When 343 wants ideas for H6 they’ll have a forum for it.

That’s I’m saying it would be a better idea to voice your splitscreen woes for Halo 6, ad for this game they will have ample time and recourse to work it out, unlike with 5, where the game’s basically done.

I also don’t recall 343i ever doing a thread for fans to express what they would want out of a new Halo game. There was those surveys for the beta, but in terms of conceptualizing, it never happened

Just give me a detailed customization menu (Reach like), the falcon and my beloved needle rifle and I’m fine with Halo 6