Halo 6 Story Direction

My hypothesis may seem slightly wild, however, I believe it could be the direction 343i is trying to go.

When Cortana came into contact with the Gravemind in H2/H3 she was manipulated and defected to the Gravemind. Now Graveminds tend to work slowly, consistently moving and positioning to gain more and more power. We’ve seen before that he’s willing to work with chief to further his own position. During the events of H4/H5, Gravemind is in a rebuilding state, trying to improve the power of the flood and gain powerful allies… aka Cortana. Gravemind uses the same arguments that caused Mendicant Bias to defect. As we can recall, mendicant bias was convinced that Forerunners were to proud and arrogant to accept the next steps of evolution aka the flood. This along with the fact that he believed Gravemind was connected to the Precursors pushed him over the edge to the flood. H6 could have a mirrored storyline where Cortana is under the influence of Gravemind and decides to use a Halo on the Human sector of the galaxy, just like the Mendicant Bias fragment fired on the San-Shyuum sector of the galaxy during the Forerunner-flood war. I feel like this would open up the nicely open the door for the return of the flood and Halo rings, while also explaining the actions Cortana took in H5. The story could focus on the destruction of the flood and reclamation of the mantle once and for all by humanity.

So what do you guys think? Is it good or horrible? This is obviously very barebones, but I would definitely enjoy a story that heads in this direction.

I think the reason Cortana is evil is because it is a rampant fragment of herself. It was confirmed in the preview for Tales from slipspace.

> 2533275033503923;1:
> My hypothesis may seem slightly wild, however, I believe it could be the direction 343i is trying to go.
>
> When Cortana came into contact with the Gravemind in H2/H3 she was manipulated and defected to the Gravemind. Now Graveminds tend to work slowly, consistently moving and positioning to gain more and more power. We’ve seen before that he’s willing to work with chief to further his own position. During the events of H4/H5, Gravemind is in a rebuilding state, trying to improve the power of the flood and gain powerful allies… aka Cortana. Gravemind uses the same arguments that caused Mendicant Bias to defect. As we can recall, mendicant bias was convinced that Forerunners were to proud and arrogant to accept the next steps of evolution aka the flood. This along with the fact that he believed Gravemind was connected to the Precursors pushed him over the edge to the flood. H6 could have a mirrored storyline where Cortana is under the influence of Gravemind and decides to use a Halo on the Human sector of the galaxy, just like the Mendicant Bias fragment fired on the San-Shyuum sector of the galaxy during the Forerunner-flood war. I feel like this would open up the nicely open the door for the return of the flood and Halo rings, while also explaining the actions Cortana took in H5. The story could focus on the destruction of the flood and reclamation of the mantle once and for all by humanity.
>
> So what do you guys think? Is it good or horrible? This is obviously very barebones, but I would definitely enjoy a story that heads in this direction.

as much as I would like that I think Arc Trooper 48 is correct

Although Arc Trooper 48 is right, it wouldn’t stop an alliance with Gravemind. I mean Mendicant also became rampant.