halo 6 should have a weaker starting pistol

halo 5 is pretty un-enjoyable and frustrating when there is no need to pick up any of sandbox weapons, because the STARTING pistol can out shoot them all. yes yes “ultillity” but that should not equal “only gun you need to use”. have a BR? will get outshot by the pistol, DMR? probably the only precision gun that has a CHANCE against the pistol. AR? get’s wrecked by pistol. shame because the halo franchise used to be the only shooter i really enjoyed, and i fear if i play it with the pistol in the state it is in. i will lose my hair from the stress it causes. i never bought into that “pocket DMR” comment. but now i see where people are coming from, sadly

EDIT: i average 55 percent accuracy per match. take that as you will lol.

No, I get wreked by tons of weapons, & the pistol is balanced juuuuuuuuuust fine, kind sir. If you want to go somewhere where weapons get nerfed based on forums posts, please head over to Destiny.

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts or post spam.</mark>

> 2535405486667568;2:
> No, I get wreked by tons of weapons, & the pistol is balanced juuuuuuuuuust fine, kind sir. If you want to go somewhere where weapons get nerfed based on forums posts, please head over to Destiny.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

if u suck with the pistol, learn to use it or stop whining

> 2535405486667568;2:
> No, I get wreked by tons of weapons, & the pistol is balanced juuuuuuuuuust fine, kind sir. If you want to go somewhere where weapons get nerfed based on forums posts, please head over to Destiny.

i just feel like, the pistol should not equal dmr, which is does. a pistol in a game where power weapons and “better” weapons, exist on the map, should be used to cover your butt as you make your way to the power weapons, not something you can go 17-3 by using it (the pistol) alone. maybe i am just jaded by previous halos. but those were far more enjoyable. but you kind sir, might be on to something with your destiny comment. doom also seems like a good replacement.

The pistol is there to give you a fighting chance. The BR is better than the pistol. The Carbine is better than the pistol. The Lightrifle is better than the pistol. The DMR is better than the pistol. If it weren’t for the pistol, a team could easily dominate by securing BRs and the other team would never stand a chance. The pistol is fine. It isn’t op in the slightest.

> 2533274814235104;4:
> if u suck with the pistol, learn to use it or stop whining

it’s not about me sucking with the pistol, it’s about the fact it is a starting weapon. not point to have other weapons on the field if it comes down to, who is the better shot with the STARTING weapon.

people still whining about the pistol? It’s perfect the way it is.

> 2533274827519891;5:
> > 2535405486667568;2:
> > No, I get wreked by tons of weapons, & the pistol is balanced juuuuuuuuuust fine, kind sir. If you want to go somewhere where weapons get nerfed based on forums posts, please head over to Destiny.
>
>
> i just feel like, the pistol should not equal dmr, which is does. a pistol in a game where power weapons and “better” weapons, exist on the map, should be used to cover your butt as you make your way to the power weapons, not something you can go 17-3 by using it (the pistol) alone. maybe i am just jaded by previous halos. but those were far more enjoyable. but you kind sir, might be on to something with your destiny comment. doom also seems like a good replacement.

A good player can go 17-3 with any weapon, especially against lesser skilled opponents. That’s not a good argument.

It doesn’t equal the DMR lol. The DMR is far more accurate, has far better range, and a better scope. The DMR is not a close range weapon but it will wreck the pistol in mid-long range fights. If you cry about the freaking pistol in Halo, there is going to be a river of tears when you step into Doom.

The weapons in Halo 5 are nice and balanced, they shouldn’t be tweaked at all.

Yeah, the Magnum is not balanced, it is a 5sk with A LOT of aim assist.

The DMR is the only one that can beat the Magnum, because the BR, LR, and Corbine have no aim assist, whereas the DMR does.

> 2533274827519891;5:
> > 2535405486667568;2:
> > No, I get wreked by tons of weapons, & the pistol is balanced juuuuuuuuuust fine, kind sir. If you want to go somewhere where weapons get nerfed based on forums posts, please head over to Destiny.
>
>
> i just feel like, the pistol should not equal dmr, which is does. a pistol in a game where power weapons and “better” weapons, exist on the map, should be used to cover your butt as you make your way to the power weapons, not something you can go 17-3 by using it (the pistol) alone. maybe i am just jaded by previous halos. but those were far more enjoyable. but you kind sir, might be on to something with your destiny comment. doom also seems like a good replacement.

You mean those previous halos with Pistol, BR, or DMR starts? The scenario is even worse than what you’re claiming is wrong in halo 5. Other guns do provide a meaningful advantage over the pistol, but its not large enough that the pistol user is incapable of fighting back.

I have no idea what game you’re playing but I see everyone, and I mean, *everyone…*drop their pistol for a DMR/BR (insert whatever ranged weapon you want), whenever they come across one. Its the perfect starting weapon in my eyes, useful, elegant but mostly can’t outgun the other ranged weapons (unless there’s a skill gap between the two combatants) meaning, you drop it for a better weapon.
Its almost as if Halo is an hybrid arena shooter…

> 2533274964189700;12:
> > 2533274827519891;5:
> > > 2535405486667568;2:
> > > No, I get wreked by tons of weapons, & the pistol is balanced juuuuuuuuuust fine, kind sir. If you want to go somewhere where weapons get nerfed based on forums posts, please head over to Destiny.
> >
> >
> > i just feel like, the pistol should not equal dmr, which is does. a pistol in a game where power weapons and “better” weapons, exist on the map, should be used to cover your butt as you make your way to the power weapons, not something you can go 17-3 by using it (the pistol) alone. maybe i am just jaded by previous halos. but those were far more enjoyable. but you kind sir, might be on to something with your destiny comment. doom also seems like a good replacement.
>
>
> You mean those previous halos with Pistol, BR, or DMR starts? The scenario is even worse than what you’re claiming is wrong in halo 5. Other guns do provide a meaningful advantage over the pistol, but its not large enough that the pistol user is incapable of fighting back.

four burst headshot compared to 5 shot headshot, is not meaninful, the fact that i had to run around to find a four burst/shot headshot. when i could just play it safe, and my only penalty is taking ONE extra shot? to me, that isn’t very meaningful. fighting chance, and competing are different, you can legitimate compete with something that should be a “fighting back//chance” weapon. the damage output is fine on the pistol, i feel they just need to up the amount of head shots it takes! not even by alot, it if takes four burst with the br, and 5 shots with the DMR. the pistol should be 6. the way BR vs pistol works now, feels more “omg who is going to win this encounter?!?!?” more so then the BR user feeling like “i SHOULD win this exchange, but i didn’t?. gg to that pistol user. i need to work on my shots” of course my very wrong opinion,

> 2533274811049752;13:
> I have no idea what game you’re playing but I see everyone, and I mean, *everyone…*drop their pistol for a DMR/BR (insert whatever ranged weapon you want), whenever they come across one. Its the perfect starting weapon in my eyes, useful, elegant but mostly can’t outgun the other ranged weapons (unless there’s a skill gap between the two combatants) meaning, you drop it for a better weapon.
> Its almost as if Halo is an hybrid arena shooter…

dude!, i wish i was playing the game you were playing! all i ever see,hear, and get shot by, even read (kill feed) is somebody pistol headshotted somebody. no matter the gamemode. i would love to switch games with you!

The magnum is perfectly perfect in every way

It’s too OP for FFA. First the spawns are horrible and then it’s too easy to steal kills. Maybe it should have the fire rate of the dmr and be a 6 shot

Nearly every weapon in this game is an upgrade to the pistol.

All of the on-map precision weapons either have a quicker perfect time to kill, have more aim assist, or longer red reticle range, in addition to having more ammo in the clip.

The automatics will all overwhelm a pistol user in close to medium range due to their quicker kill times and increased aim assist.

Power weapons are self-explanatory.

The pistol is one of the weakest weapons in the game.

> 2533274831638918;18:
> Nearly every weapon in this game is an upgrade to the pistol.
>
> All of the on-map precision weapons either have a quicker perfect time to kill, have more aim assist, or longer red reticle range, in addition to having more ammo in the clip.
>
> The automatic
>
>
> > 2533274831638918;18:
> > Nearly every weapon in this game is an upgrade to the pistol.
> >
> > All of the on-map precision weapons either have a quicker perfect time to kill, have more aim assist, or longer red reticle range, in addition to having more ammo in the clip.
> >
> > The automatics will all overwhelm a pistol user in close to medium range due to their quicker kill times and increased aim assist.
> >
> > Power weapons are self-explanatory.
> >
> > The pistol is one of the weakest weapons in the game.
>
> i find this to be debatable, automatics, don’t have headshot bonuses. while yes they can overwhelm, can’t agree with the quicker kill times,

> 2533274891097288;17:
> It’s too OP for FFA. First the spawns are horrible and then it’s too easy to steal kills. Maybe it should have the fire rate of the dmr and be a 6 shot

I AGREE! a six shot, slower rate of fire pistol, would do wonders,