Halo 6 should be freeroam

This is my personal opinion on what I would like halo 6’s campaign to be structured like so don’t come looking for a fight.

I enjoy the linear structure of halo’s campaign, but after a while it starts to become boring because there is nothing new in terms of structure, safe for the non combat missions in halo 5. Halo 3 ODST was interesting because it was not linear in the traditional sence, there was more of a freeroam element to it then there was in past halo’s.

For halo 6 I would like to see a structure similar to halo 3 ODST.
I would like the UNSC Infinity to act as a Hub world for master chief, like the Normandy from mass effect, and the player would be allowed to travel the galaxy aboard the infinity. This is because the Infinity is the UNSC’s only chance for fighting back against the AI’s, and so it should play a huge role, like the galactica in this respect. In halo 6 the Infinity could travel the galaxy and it is chiefs job to find as many allies as possible as well as searching forerunner worlds for anything which can stop cortana whilst still keeping her alive. There could even be a return to space combat. The infinity could get a distress call from the shadow of intent which is under attack by a Guardian. Chief (the player) can select on the galaxy map to go to the shadow of intent and help, so begins the space battle against the guardian.

Essentially it would be like ODST, but the hubworld is the battle scarred infinity rather than the streets of mambasa. The player would still be able to select missions they want to replay in the main menu however (like in ODST) but in game the player would have the choice of what mission they want to do first. For example they could either chose go to an old covenant war era UNSC assault carrier to help resupply infinity, or they could chose to play a mission where they need to help evacuate an elite colony that is under attack by a guardian.

However this is just my personal opinion on what I would like to see in halo 6.

Halo isn’t an rpg though unless u mean the type of roaming halo 3 had

> 2533274830166194;2:
> Halo isn’t an rpg though unless u mean the type of roaming halo 3 had

Yeah man that’s what I mean. I don’t want the story to change based on player actions, I just want the player to have the option to select what mission they want to play during the campaign. Like in ODST, you could choose to either go to the ONI building an play the mission where you blow it up, or you could choose to go the police station and play the mission where you are above the skyline walking across construction cranes.

That’s what I want for halo 6, the player can go the bridge of the infinity and open up a map of the galaxy, they can then select a planet (mission) and choose to play it in what ever order they like.

> 2535417357208594;3:
> > 2533274830166194;2:
> > Halo isn’t an rpg though unless u mean the type of roaming halo 3 had
>
>
> Yeah man that’s what I mean. I don’t want the story to change based on player actions, I just want the player to have the option to select what mission they want to play during the campaign. Like in ODST, you could choose to either go to the ONI building an play the mission where you blow it up, or you could choose to go the police station and play the mission where you are above the skyline walking across construction cranes.
>
> That’s what I want for halo 6, the player can go the bridge of the infinity and open up a map of the galaxy, they can then select a planet (mission) and choose to play it in what ever order they like.

I feel like the selecting what missions you want to do was something that should remain odst exclusive and not come back…I like playing missions in order personally

[deleted]

From how certain missions played out in H5 I’m somewhat hopeful for a free roam or free roam like campaign for H6. If they do implement I feel your suggestion is the most likely method. Being able to free roam aboard the infinity and choose when to tackle the next mission. It’s like mass effect without the dialogue trees.

My suggestion is have side missions available as well, but instead of the chief performing them it could be fire team Crimson or your multiplayer Spartan taking care of it.

> 2533274830166194;2:
> Halo isn’t an rpg though unless u mean the type of roaming halo 3 had

Thought the same

It would be interesting to have a Free Roam campaign for Halo 6, but how would it work without being like any other Free Roam game?

If Halo 6 is to have a Free Roam option, it should be the UNSC Infinity. After missions (like 1 or 2 missions) have been completed, you return the UNSC Infinity. Whilst aboard, you have to go to different areas to start the next mission, or you can just look around and explore, with things to do and see.

Example:

First mission - the UNSC Infinity has just stopped from an emergency jump into slip-space, you need to get to the main hanger as the shields have failed and you need to close the blast doors manually. If not, all the frigates and ships will fall into space. You have to get in a Warthog and race to the location through explosions and falling debris, because during the slip-space jump Cortana set of a Guardian blast in the ships main hanger.

Other missions you can explore the Infinity of just go to the next mission.

‘‘Find the Arbiter’’ - ‘‘Go and talk to Commander Laskey’’ - ‘‘Find a replacement Pelican in the hanger’’ - ‘‘Go to the weapons bay and upgrade a Mantis to use in the next mission’’ and so on.

> 2533274876601129;8:
> It would be interesting to have a Free Roam campaign for Halo 6, but how would it work without being like any other Free Roam game?
>
> If Halo 6 is to have a Free Roam option, it should be the UNSC Infinity. After missions (like 1 or 2 missions) have been completed, you return the UNSC Infinity. Whilst aboard, you have to go to different areas to start the next mission, or you can just look around and explore, with things to do and see.
>
> Example:
>
> First mission - the UNSC Infinity has just stopped from an emergency jump into slip-space, you need to get to the main hanger as the shields have failed and you need to close the blast doors manually. If not, all the frigates and ships will fall into space. You have to get in a Warthog and race to the location through explosions and falling debris, because during the slip-space jump Cortana set of a Guardian blast in the ships main hanger.
>
> Other missions you can explore the Infinity of just go to the next mission.
>
> ‘‘Find the Arbiter’’ - ‘‘Go and talk to Commander Laskey’’ - ‘‘Find a replacement Pelican in the hanger’’ - ‘‘Go to the weapons bay and upgrade a Mantis to use in the next mission’’ and so on.

I really don`t think that that will work well

I would like a Halo spin-off game that is free roam but not Halo 6.