Halo 6 reveal music

Without Marty O’Donnel, the Halo music has become eminently mediocre. So they should use someone else’s music for the right effect. The obvious music would be Breaking Benjamin, but I think they should use ‘Intergalactic’. After all, Halo is Intergalactic.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I just had a thought. They could also make a dubstep-fueled noscope montage, complete with bad editing and awful memes, and grab some of CoD’s playerbase.

Ehh, I’m thinking more karma chameleon

Kazuma…because isn’t he making the track as composer?

> 2535428340799897;1:
> Without Marty O’Donnel, the Halo music has become eminently mediocre.

I’m not sure why people keep saying this. Halo 4 and 5’s music seemed just as good as the original trilogy’s music, to me.

> 2533274904158628;4:
> > 2535428340799897;1:
> > Without Marty O’Donnel, the Halo music has become eminently mediocre.
>
> I’m not sure why people keep saying this. Halo 4 and 5’s music seemed just as good as the original trilogy’s music, to me.

I think their complaints are based on the fact that the soundtracks aren’t Halo-sounding.

As for a composer, I’ve always thought John Williams would make an amazing Halo composer.

Eh. I’d be fine if they just had Kazuma Jinnouchi do the reveal music. Hell, they could try to bring back Davidge for it. At this point it’s not terribly important to me.

> 2533274904158628;4:
> > 2535428340799897;1:
> > Without Marty O’Donnel, the Halo music has become eminently mediocre.
>
> I’m not sure why people keep saying this. Halo 4 and 5’s music seemed just as good as the original trilogy’s music, to me.

Halo 4’s soundtrack I agree with. Halo 5, maybe not quite. Halo 5’s score isn’t bad, I just think it’s a little bit boring and a little too heavy on the digital effects. And it doesn’t help that it’s used rather poorly throughout the game.

> 2535463313088728;5:
> I think their complaints are based on the fact that the soundtracks aren’t Halo-sounding.

That seems like quite a vague thing to say. I’m not sure if Halo 4 and 5’s music are “Halo-sounding” or not, but I just didn’t think they sounded any worse than music from other Halo games.

> 2535437652903765;6:
> Halo 4’s soundtrack I agree with. Halo 5, maybe not quite. Halo 5’s score isn’t bad, I just think it’s a little bit boring and a little too heavy on the digital effects. And it doesn’t help that it’s used rather poorly throughout the game.

Could be. I didn’t notice anything like that, but admittedly I wasn’t paying close attention to it when I played through campaign.

I posted a thread the other day about Halo Nightfall which I recently rewatched. I really think the lack of traditional Halo music stands out as it’s just not Halo. Music is a big part of Halo.

> 2533274904158628;7:
> > 2535437652903765;6:
> > Halo 4’s soundtrack I agree with. Halo 5, maybe not quite. Halo 5’s score isn’t bad, I just think it’s a little bit boring and a little too heavy on the digital effects. And it doesn’t help that it’s used rather poorly throughout the game.
>
> Could be. I didn’t notice anything like that, but admittedly I wasn’t paying close attention to it when I played through campaign.

I think the fact that you didn’t really pay close attention sort of reinforces the idea of it being used poorly. With the other games (at least to me), the various pieces of the OST are used in a way that kinda gets you to pay attention to it, but not to the point where it’s obtrusive and takes away from the game. Meanwhile, a lot of Halo 5’s pieces feel like they’re just relegated to generic background noise. But that might just be me.

> 2535437652903765;9:
> > 2533274904158628;7:
> > > 2535437652903765;6:
> > > Halo 4’s soundtrack I agree with. Halo 5, maybe not quite. Halo 5’s score isn’t bad, I just think it’s a little bit boring and a little too heavy on the digital effects. And it doesn’t help that it’s used rather poorly throughout the game.
> >
> > Could be. I didn’t notice anything like that, but admittedly I wasn’t paying close attention to it when I played through campaign.
>
> I think the fact that you didn’t really pay close attention sort of reinforces the idea of it being used poorly. With the other games (at least to me), the various pieces of the OST are used in a way that kinda gets you to pay attention to it, but not to the point where it’s obtrusive and takes away from the game. Meanwhile, a lot of Halo 5’s pieces feel like they’re just relegated to generic background noise. But that might just be me.

It’s not just you. Kazuma has nothing on Marty.

The problem with the music of Halo is a part of the whole problem with Halo itself: identity crysis. The original trilogy defined what Halo SOUNDS like. Marty Understood this, as he defined ODST’s soundtrack as “much more apart and personal”, and ODST also did not follow the Halo style. Now, Stephen Rippy, composer of the soundtrack of Halo Wars, understands how Halo music is, the music of Halo Wars IS like Halo (it was not so famous as Wars itself was not). I do not think even Neil Davidge is bad. Things like “Green and Blue” and “This Armor” sound great and give me chills to this day. But they do not even resemble Halo. I believe Kazuma Jinnouchi to be nothing short of a musical genious like Marty, and some tracks in Halo 5 that mix in the Halo factor in sound amazing. In other words, I do want Kazuma to continue being the composer, but he must use the Halo style created by Marty, just like Stephen did.

the halo 5 wasn’t that bad. sure it wasn’t the godly sounds that marty created but it still had some great songs like the trials and the light is green. also walking softly sounded pretty good. who ever did the hw2 soundtrack though, now they need to come back. managed to sound classic and modern at the same time and it was awesome. especially the menu screen music. that or look into some of these fan games being made because there are some good fan composers out there like Fernando Pepe from project contingency, or Jafet Meza fro SPV3 and installation 01. seriously, maybe consider Jafet, he’s made some amazing and faithful remasters of the original halo soundtracks and the original compositions for installation 01 are great.

Bring Randy Newman in and everyone will be having a good time.