Halo 6. REMOVE REQS!!!

Please, please, please!
My personal opinion, despite the backlash, Halo 4 was a good game, it was fun all round multiplayer with a compelling story (though it didn’t live up to previous titles, it was still a fun play). Halo 5 has absolutely butchered that in all aspects and I believe one of the biggest reasons behind it is the REQs. Micro transactions have turned this once great franchise into a tedious grind fest that punishes you for playing the game…
There was once a time when unlocking items was done by completing specific tasks, be those unlocking certain achievements, purchasing the armor using in-game currency that you earned, or even just leveling up. These systems for unlocks were loved (Halo 3 being my personal favorite, no better feeling of accomplishment than getting Recon by slaving for the vidmasters)

Halo 5 is littered in an over-abundance of poor unlocks, from terrible emblems, to god awful looking and poorly colored armors, to ludicrous amounts of equally useless loadout REQs. They litter the game so much to the point where unlocking what you really want becomes a nightmare-ish game of spin the bottle. Not to mention that it tries enticing you to purchase more packs with your real money, by presenting gamemodes to use your REQs in, that steal the REQs away from you immediately with poor balancing issues encircling boring maps and ridiculous gamemodes (such as the incredibly overkill Firefight mode that most people consider far too difficult)

Honestly with Halo 6, I don’t care if they went back to paid DLC, and I don’t all that much care if they sold a whole lot of map DLC, just please release the game with all content on launch, hold nothing back, and get rid of this awful randomly generated unlock system that is shrouded in micro-transactions.
Hell, even at least just add the option in Halo 5 to purchase the items we want separately using REQ points, so we don’t have to depend on the packs. Just make the separate armors and such more expensive than gold packs, just so we actually have to work towards what we want.

I know a lot of people agree with this, please leave your opinion here also.

Definitely agree with removing REQs. Do not understand why people defend.

> 2533274855768280;1:
>

The req sytem made quite a bit of money. It will stick around in some form of another, regardless of what any of us may feel about it.

> 2533274880633045;3:
> > 2533274855768280;1:
> >
>
>
> The req sytem made quite a bit of money. It will stick around in some form of another, regardless of what any of us may feel about it.

Yes, after the game under-performed in sales, they then used a lot of that money towards fueling the Halo Championship Series -Yoink-, and considering how much backlash the eSports focus received with Halo 5, they’d be idiotic to do it again. I propose just bringing back map DLC, even season passes at this rate. Or like I said in the post, if they’re absolutely adamant on keeping the REQs, at least allow us to purchase what we want individually, using REQ points instead of hard up cash.

As i said in the other topic…if they make REQ packs more rewarding in the future i think they can stay.

> 2533274855768280;1:
> Please, please, please!
> My personal opinion, despite the backlash, Halo 4 was a good game, it was fun all round multiplayer with a compelling story

…stop reading after this. sorry.

> 2535461224148659;5:
> As i said in the other topic…if they make REQ packs more rewarding in the future i think they can stay.

I just think they’re butchering the franchise. The moment we lost a definitive way to unlock items, was the moment that customization and fun started diminishing.

> 2533274913126156;6:
> > 2533274855768280;1:
> > Please, please, please!
> > My personal opinion, despite the backlash, Halo 4 was a good game, it was fun all round multiplayer with a compelling story
>
>
> …stop reading after this. sorry.

Rest of the post has nothing to do with Halo 4, I was just using it as an example. If you can’t respect an opinion enough to read some decent points about a different opinion then that’s on you.

> 2533274855768280;4:
> > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > 2533274855768280;1:
> > >
> >
> >
> > The req sytem made quite a bit of money. It will stick around in some form of another, regardless of what any of us may feel about it.
>
>
> Yes, after the game under-performed in sales, they then used a lot of that money towards fueling the Halo Championship Series -Yoink-, and considering how much backlash the eSports focus received with Halo 5, they’d be idiotic to do it again. I propose just bringing back map DLC, even season passes at this rate. Or like I said in the post, if they’re absolutely adamant on keeping the REQs, at least allow us to purchase what we want individually, using REQ points instead of hard up cash.

I personally don’t like the req system, but 343 has a profit motive. The only the way the req system is going to go away is if someone convince every child who plays h5 to stop using their parent’s credit cards to buy req packs and the teenage/adult players to not buy them as well. As I explained to someone else yesterday the goal of the micro transaction system is to sell req packs. In order to sell more packs they places more valuable/desirable items into the pool along with fodder. The idea being that someone who really wants Helljumper or the Answer will buy a req pack in order to have a chance at getting the item they want. This works best when the most useful/desirable items are rare and the pool is very large.

> 2533274880633045;9:
> > 2533274855768280;4:
> > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > > 2533274855768280;1:
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > The req sytem made quite a bit of money. It will stick around in some form of another, regardless of what any of us may feel about it.
> >
> >
> > Yes, after the game under-performed in sales, they then used a lot of that money towards fueling the Halo Championship Series -Yoink-, and considering how much backlash the eSports focus received with Halo 5, they’d be idiotic to do it again. I propose just bringing back map DLC, even season passes at this rate. Or like I said in the post, if they’re absolutely adamant on keeping the REQs, at least allow us to purchase what we want individually, using REQ points instead of hard up cash.
>
>
> I personally don’t like the req system, but 343 has a profit motive. The only the way the req system is going to go away is if someone convince every child who plays h5 to stop using their parent’s credit cards to buy req packs and the teenage/adult players to not buy them as well. As I explained to someone else yesterday the goal of the micro transaction system is to sell req packs. In order to sell more packs they places more valuable/desirable items into the pool along with fodder. The idea being that someone who really wants Helljumper or the Answer will buy a req pack in order to have a chance at getting the item they want. This works best when the most useful/desirable items are rare and the pool is very large.

In this way 343 is loosing people and cannot attract news.

> 2533274913126156;6:
> > 2533274855768280;1:
> > Please, please, please!
> > My personal opinion, despite the backlash, Halo 4 was a good game, it was fun all round multiplayer with a compelling story
>
>
> …stop reading after this. sorry.

That’s dismissive and intellectually dishonest isn’t it?

What, can’t even entertain the idea of listening to another side of an argument and giving the speaker humanity rather than brushing them off as some idiot? Sheesh, why even reply?

> 2535456165221911;10:
> > 2533274880633045;9:
> > > 2533274855768280;4:
> > > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > > > 2533274855768280;1:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The req sytem made quite a bit of money. It will stick around in some form of another, regardless of what any of us may feel about it.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes, after the game under-performed in sales, they then used a lot of that money towards fueling the Halo Championship Series -Yoink-, and considering how much backlash the eSports focus received with Halo 5, they’d be idiotic to do it again. I propose just bringing back map DLC, even season passes at this rate. Or like I said in the post, if they’re absolutely adamant on keeping the REQs, at least allow us to purchase what we want individually, using REQ points instead of hard up cash.
> >
> >
> > I personally don’t like the req system, but 343 has a profit motive. The only the way the req system is going to go away is if someone convince every child who plays h5 to stop using their parent’s credit cards to buy req packs and the teenage/adult players to not buy them as well. As I explained to someone else yesterday the goal of the micro transaction system is to sell req packs. In order to sell more packs they places more valuable/desirable items into the pool along with fodder. The idea being that someone who really wants Helljumper or the Answer will buy a req pack in order to have a chance at getting the item they want. This works best when the most useful/desirable items are rare and the pool is very large.
>
>
> In this way 343 is loosing people and cannot attract news.

I agree. Honestly i’m willing to bet they would have made a lot more profit if Halo 5 was true to form and actually launched as a full game.

> 2533274855768280;12:
> > 2535456165221911;10:
> > > 2533274880633045;9:
> > > > 2533274855768280;4:
> > > > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > > > > 2533274855768280;1:
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The req sytem made quite a bit of money. It will stick around in some form of another, regardless of what any of us may feel about it.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yes, after the game under-performed in sales, they then used a lot of that money towards fueling the Halo Championship Series -Yoink-, and considering how much backlash the eSports focus received with Halo 5, they’d be idiotic to do it again. I propose just bringing back map DLC, even season passes at this rate. Or like I said in the post, if they’re absolutely adamant on keeping the REQs, at least allow us to purchase what we want individually, using REQ points instead of hard up cash.
> > >
> > >
> > > I personally don’t like the req system, but 343 has a profit motive. The only the way the req system is going to go away is if someone convince every child who plays h5 to stop using their parent’s credit cards to buy req packs and the teenage/adult players to not buy them as well. As I explained to someone else yesterday the goal of the micro transaction system is to sell req packs. In order to sell more packs they places more valuable/desirable items into the pool along with fodder. The idea being that someone who really wants Helljumper or the Answer will buy a req pack in order to have a chance at getting the item they want. This works best when the most useful/desirable items are rare and the pool is very large.
> >
> >
> > In this way 343 is loosing people and cannot attract news.
>
>
> I agree. Honestly i’m willing to bet they would have made a lot more profit if Halo 5 was true to form and actually launched as a full game.

I downloaded Halo 5 four days ago, and it was 80 gigs, (must be codes for Cuban ICBMs) my friend said it was half that size if not even less on release. They say they’re adding “free new content! Oh boy,” otherwise known as… updates… And also finishing their game, which they couldn’t manage to do, not even half of it.

I think there fine. They just need to be fixed better by making not in reqs like armor and visors.

> 2535409489305717;14:
> I think there fine. They just need to be fixed better by making not in reqs like armor and visors.

The problem lies that it’s all based on RNG, which instantly renders any effort to play the game competitively pointless.

> 2533274924183412;13:
> > 2533274855768280;12:
> > > 2535456165221911;10:
> > > > 2533274880633045;9:
> > > > > 2533274855768280;4:
> > > > > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274855768280;1:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The req sytem made quite a bit of money. It will stick around in some form of another, regardless of what any of us may feel about it.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Yes, after the game under-performed in sales, they then used a lot of that money towards fueling the Halo Championship Series -Yoink-, and considering how much backlash the eSports focus received with Halo 5, they’d be idiotic to do it again. I propose just bringing back map DLC, even season passes at this rate. Or like I said in the post, if they’re absolutely adamant on keeping the REQs, at least allow us to purchase what we want individually, using REQ points instead of hard up cash.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I personally don’t like the req system, but 343 has a profit motive. The only the way the req system is going to go away is if someone convince every child who plays h5 to stop using their parent’s credit cards to buy req packs and the teenage/adult players to not buy them as well. As I explained to someone else yesterday the goal of the micro transaction system is to sell req packs. In order to sell more packs they places more valuable/desirable items into the pool along with fodder. The idea being that someone who really wants Helljumper or the Answer will buy a req pack in order to have a chance at getting the item they want. This works best when the most useful/desirable items are rare and the pool is very large.
> > >
> > >
> > > In this way 343 is loosing people and cannot attract news.
> >
> >
> > I agree. Honestly i’m willing to bet they would have made a lot more profit if Halo 5 was true to form and actually launched as a full game.
>
>
> I downloaded Halo 5 four days ago, and it was 80 gigs, (must be codes for Cuban ICBMs) my friend said it was half that size if not even less on release. They say they’re adding “free new content! Oh boy,” otherwise known as… updates… And also finishing their game, which they couldn’t manage to do, not even half of it.

It was about 60GB on release, funnily enough though, the only thing actually on the disc was the campaign, the rest you had to download online.

Firefight is really bad for REQ scamming, as most of the time you spend your cards, they will just get robbed off you the second you spawn by some ungodly accurate enemy that can 1 hit kill you. Ridiculous system.

> 2533274855768280;17:
> Firefight is really bad for REQ scamming, as most of the time you spend your cards, they will just get robbed off you the second you spawn by some ungodly accurate enemy that can 1 hit kill you. Ridiculous system.

Agreed. 343i has pretty much gone full blown money grubbing. I think this explains what 343i is doing with Halo and microtransactions.

> 2533274819939761;18:
> > 2533274855768280;17:
> > Firefight is really bad for REQ scamming, as most of the time you spend your cards, they will just get robbed off you the second you spawn by some ungodly accurate enemy that can 1 hit kill you. Ridiculous system.
>
>
> Agreed. 343i has pretty much gone full blown money grubbing. I think this explains what 343i is doing with Halo and microtransactions.

LOL South Park is incredible, this explains today’s gaming industry in such a succinct way it’s unbelievable.

Reqs are fine the way they are. I like it when someone uses a powerful req as I then proceed to kill then and take it.