Halo 6- Rated M

Multiplayer Ideas (I’d talk about the campaign, but 7500 words isn’t enough to describe how bad the story was)

As someone who has played Halo since the beginning, it’s becoming too cartoony for my taste. (speaking primarily about the art design) Call me crazy, but Halo is at its best whenever its a MILITARY SHOOTER. Don’t get me wrong, i personally loved the character development Chief was given in Halo 4, but i want to see 343i go back to Bungie’s Halo 2 artwork. Dark, grimy, and an overall grit to the characters and artwork. Its no surprise that the armor from Reach is the most popular in Halo 5’s matchmaking, its because they looked like actual soldiers, not action figures. Make Halo 6 rated M, give fans their grit back, create more vibrant and realistic multiplayer maps, and build off of the Halo 5 gameplay mechanics. Whenever i shoot a spartan in the helmet with a sniper round, lets see some pieces of the visor crack, if you get hit by a rocket launcher, lets see some armor crack and fall off. Simple things like this to give weapons an actual punch…

While I don’t necessarily agree with a couple of the finer details of this post, in premise I agree 110%…

Halo has absolutely NOT matured with its audience, and I honestly feel like that is its number one issue in losing fans over the years.

Love the idea of armor pieces breaking off when you die from an explosion.

> 2533274794507351;1:
> Multiplayer Ideas (I’d talk about the campaign, but 7500 words isn’t enough to describe how bad the story was)
>
> As someone who has played Halo since the beginning, it’s becoming too cartoony for my taste. (speaking primarily about the art design) Call me crazy, but Halo is at its best whenever its a MILITARY SHOOTER. Don’t get me wrong, i personally loved the character development Chief was given in Halo 4, but i want to see 343i go back to Bungie’s Halo 2 artwork. Dark, grimy, and an overall grit to the characters and artwork. Its no surprise that the armor from Reach is the most popular in Halo 5’s matchmaking, its because they looked like actual soldiers, not action figures. Make Halo 6 rated M, give fans their grit back, create more vibrant and realistic multiplayer maps, and build off of the Halo 5 gameplay mechanics. Whenever i shoot a spartan in the helmet with a sniper round, lets see some pieces of the visor crack, if you get hit by a rocket launcher, lets see some armor crack and fall off. Simple things like this to give weapons an actual punch…

Realistic maps? 343i has waayyy more realistic maps.

I too would like Halo to return to its Military Shooter roots.
The boots on the ground camera view that Reach had 343 should have taken a note.
The battle scared and dirty look of the spartans in reach would be nice if that came back as well.

story wise. Where the rank? Why no “officer on deck”? Why don’t we run into that “high rank” ai? Remember the gold elites and brute chiefs? I’d like to have that return.

I’d love if Halo returned to it’s original roots.

I really hope it’s rated M…

> 2533274873580796;2:
> Halo has absolutely NOT matured with its audience, and I honestly feel like that is its number one issue in losing fans over the years.

I have a hard time believing that’s the number one issue…

> 2533274904158628;7:
> > 2533274873580796;2:
> > Halo has absolutely NOT matured with its audience, and I honestly feel like that is its number one issue in losing fans over the years.
>
> I have a hard time believing that’s the number one issue…

Well I mean, I’m WELL into my 20’s now, as are many other OG Halo fans… some much older… and we’re now fighting “Saturday morning cartoon” robot villains with our ultra cool space Power Ranger armor! This was even happening to a degree starting with H2. Once I saw the Scarab, I started to think things were going downhill a little bit…

There’s no more grit anymore… no more horror element/galactic zombie infestation plot, they’ve toned down the violence and language… The story doesn’t even feel like Halo anymore. The universe and lore feels vastly different. It just hasn’t kept up its steam for long-time fans… at least for me.

Honestly HW2 looks like a pretty cool side story… if only it were a traditional Halo fps!!

> 2533274873580796;8:
> > 2533274904158628;7:
> > > 2533274873580796;2:
> > > Halo has absolutely NOT matured with its audience, and I honestly feel like that is its number one issue in losing fans over the years.
> >
> > I have a hard time believing that’s the number one issue…
>
> Well I mean, I’m WELL into my 20’s now, as are many other OG Halo fans… some much older… and we’re now fighting “Saturday morning cartoon” robot villains with our ultra cool space Power Ranger armor! This was even happening to a degree starting with H2. Once I saw the Scarab, I started to think things were going downhill a little bit…
>
> There’s no more grit anymore… no more horror element/galactic zombie infestation plot, they’ve toned down the violence and language… The story doesn’t even feel like Halo anymore. The universe and lore feels vastly different. It just hasn’t kept up its steam for long-time fans… at least for me.
>
> Honestly HW2 looks like a pretty cool side story… if only it were a traditional Halo fps!!

What makes the Prometheans “Saturday morning cartoon” villains? What about the Scarab would suggest anything similar? Why are these a problem but the Grunts and their wacky antics are not? How can you say there is no horror element when in Halo 4 we saw people burned to a crisp and reformed into war machines against their will? That’s scary stuff in my book. Toning down the violence and language is subjective. Maybe the blood, but Halo has hardly been graphic in terms of violence or language. The lore feeling different is a further subjective point.

All I’m seeing as buzzwords, man.

> 2533274794507351;1:
> Multiplayer Ideas (I’d talk about the campaign, but 7500 words isn’t enough to describe how bad the story was)
>
> As someone who has played Halo since the beginning, it’s becoming too cartoony for my taste. (speaking primarily about the art design) Call me crazy, but Halo is at its best whenever its a MILITARY SHOOTER. Don’t get me wrong, i personally loved the character development Chief was given in Halo 4, but i want to see 343i go back to Bungie’s Halo 2 artwork. Dark, grimy, and an overall grit to the characters and artwork. Its no surprise that the armor from Reach is the most popular in Halo 5’s matchmaking, its because they looked like actual soldiers, not action figures. Make Halo 6 rated M, give fans their grit back, create more vibrant and realistic multiplayer maps, and build off of the Halo 5 gameplay mechanics. Whenever i shoot a spartan in the helmet with a sniper round, lets see some pieces of the visor crack, if you get hit by a rocket launcher, lets see some armor crack and fall off. Simple things like this to give weapons an actual punch…

halo wars 2 looks like it is using a mix of the old and new art design which is nice. hopefully it will be carried over to halo 6. I have also noticed that the assignation’s have no blood and the sound of it sounds kind of cartoony. now I do want the more realistic armor back but I would still like at least a couple of wacky armors just for fun like the fotus armor. I just don’t want all the armors looking wacky.

I do want it to be more…gritty, but having it at a lower age rating does leave it open to a wider audience

> 2533274812652989;9:
> > 2533274873580796;8:
> > > 2533274904158628;7:
> > > > 2533274873580796;2:
> > > > Halo has absolutely NOT matured with its audience, and I honestly feel like that is its number one issue in losing fans over the years.
> > >
> > > I have a hard time believing that’s the number one issue…
> >
> > Well I mean, I’m WELL into my 20’s now, as are many other OG Halo fans… some much older… and we’re now fighting “Saturday morning cartoon” robot villains with our ultra cool space Power Ranger armor! This was even happening to a degree starting with H2. Once I saw the Scarab, I started to think things were going downhill a little bit…
> >
> > There’s no more grit anymore… no more horror element/galactic zombie infestation plot, they’ve toned down the violence and language… The story doesn’t even feel like Halo anymore. The universe and lore feels vastly different. It just hasn’t kept up its steam for long-time fans… at least for me.
> >
> > Honestly HW2 looks like a pretty cool side story… if only it were a traditional Halo fps!!
>
> What makes the Prometheans “Saturday morning cartoon” villains? What about the Scarab would suggest anything similar? Why are these a problem but the Grunts and their wacky antics are not? How can you say there is no horror element when in Halo 4 we saw people burned to a crisp and reformed into war machines against their will? That’s scary stuff in my book. Toning down the violence and language is subjective. Maybe the blood, but Halo has hardly been graphic in terms of violence or language. The lore feeling different is a further subjective point.
>
> All I’m seeing as buzzwords, man.

It’s just going a much less gritty sci-fi direction… it’s hard to really describe but it’s an overall impression I get… Like all of CE and early teasers and gameplay of H2, it was an amazing, somewhat grounded/believable wartorn sci-fi universe… CE had established the Halo BRAND as such.

There weren’t any stupid spider-walkers or cheesey robotic enemies. It was a bloody, epic war with aliens and a parasitic life form… ships, vehicles, and weapons still grounded in more traditional and realistic designs, aside from being futuristic/alien of course.

Not to mention the Covenant learned English overnight, taking away any ferocious, intimidating quality from the Elites.

It’s just little things man… stuff where young kids can jump on the game and be like, “Wow! I can fly around with a jet-pack! Isn’t that so cool?? – even though I have absolutely no understanding of the negative repercussions on gameplay!”

But kids and casual gamers don’t think like that… They don’t care much about the inner workings of the gameplay or the overall perception of the Halo Universe and lore, even if they like the story itself… they take it for what it is and they’re happy. A true Halo fan IMO, sees what the universe COULD be… or in the series’ case now, what it COULD’VE been, given the initial brand it established in CE. The overall feeling of the universe from then to now, there is a night and day difference. There are a lot more mainstream and even childish touches in the games now (and we have our first series T rating with H5), corny voice acting throughout the Campaign…

The game has just been dumbing itself down over the years, and losing focus of what initially made it incredible.

Basic Lament
Halo 5 lost me before I could even finish the campaign. Sorry but this is not the continuation of the story i bought into with Halo CE. As an avid older gamer I have primarily moved on to other games both third person shooter, and to another 15 vs 15 multiplayer tank game. I find the multiplayer maps in Halo 5 simplistic and too one dimensional. I really like the multi-player maps that came with Halo 3 and Reach as they required some intent and teamwork to play. I recall having Friday night as our Halo group’s multi-player matchmaking night and we had many a fun night playing Big Team Battle or just small team slayer. I just cannot seem to get into the current multi-player maps. Most of the gamer’s I used to hang out with on Halo have moved on as well to other games and I still play with the same crowd, just on different games. Our lament seems to be the same, the game just hasn’t been the same since Reach.
I am still an avid Halo fan, I have read all of the books and I loved the Kilo 5 trilogy, as well as Broken Circle, and the Forerunner Saga.
I love the canon: as it has evolved into what I feel is the richest Sci-Fi story I have ever read or followed, has exception depth and is almost real on many levels. The community is solid and even 343i has done a reasonable job of enriching the story but to me the most recent game and multi-player has become just too much like the other first person shooter out there, the one that we really love to dislike, too gizmo’ee, and too gimmicky.
I mean really, did we truly need the Promethians and the robot dogs? No, we had a solid enemy and even after the collapse of the Covenant, we still had bad guys, the Brutes and the Prophets (whatever happened to the rest of them) - surely they didn’t all perish on High Charity? Even if they did, what about the hundreds if not thousands of Covenant ships that were dispersed throughout the galaxy still waging war on human-kind? Too many unanswered questions that have not been answered but hey, we can resurrect a long dead forerunner construct (Promethians) who were never mentioned in lore before, and who in reality could have vanquished the flood on their own (not organic) in the absence of their forerunner creators, hence no need for humans at all to stop the flood - should have been done 100,000 years ago already…just sayin…

Wasn’t halo 5 rated T I can’t remember cause i don’t have halo 5 cause it broke

> 2533274967141407;14:
> Wasn’t halo 5 rated T I can’t remember cause i don’t have halo 5 cause it broke

Yes, it was rated T

Making Halo an M rated game again would not only allow the developers to make the game nice and gritty, but it could also bring in some cool cutscene animations where there could be some gore and stuff. Could also be able to see a full return of the flood instead of having to dumb it down so the game keeps a T rating.

M would be very much appreciated!

I like having it M rated cause they would add more stuff

100% agree

i think yes to this post. I mean theres a reason why i wear a HW mark 5 helm and a body armor with tacpackets. I really liked the art of H3 and HR i loved the marines of H3 and HR but the new marines look really bad. The helms look clunky and the spartan armor i mean come on anyone seen the tracer armor or the breaker? they look so unlogical. Now i have seen some people get upset from the lack of blood (but really what is blood like a major part of a game now?) i mean halo has never been known for its gore. But idk the community members want what they want. But at the end of the day 343s art styles just don’t sit with me.